• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Low Priority Fetch Quests: Time Travel + Goods Available AT Town Giving the Quest

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
This item appeared in Tavern News dated 10-14-1709. When I got to the tailor on 10-23 he wanted 1210 of cotton by October 1, 1709. The goods were available in the San Juan store. I bought them took them to the tailor, he accepted them paid me and unlocked the advanced commerce ability.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Puerto Rico.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • compile.log
    46.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
This item appeared in Tavern News dated 10-14-1709. When I got to the tailor on 10-23 he wanted 1210 of cotton by October 1, 1709. The goods were available in the San Juan store. I bought them took them to the tailor, he accepted them paid me and unlocked the advanced commerce ability.
What exactly is the problem? Or is this the "time travel" element again? o_O

The problems are: the deadline for completing the quest is October 1, it doesn't show up in the tavern news until October 14, and I found the cotton in the San Juan store. When I went back to the tailor on October 23 he accepted the cotton and paid me.

So.... time travel AND you sold him his own goods? Easy profit! :rofl

But indeed not very correct.... Let's move this to the Bug Tracker then.

Well I bought the goods in the San Juan store if that is you mean by sold him his own goods.

Well I bought the goods in the San Juan store if that is you mean by sold him his own goods.
From what I understand of your post, the San Juan store is the one wanted Cotton, but also SOLD Cotton.
So you bought it from him, then gave it back and completed the quest without leaving the store.
Did I get that right?

Nope. :no

The tailor fetch quest appeared on 10-14-1709.

Jason visited the tailor on 10-23-1709 and accepted the quest.

The tailor then said he needed 1210 cotton by 10-01-1709.

Jason then went to the store and bought said cotton and delivered it to the tailor, who paid for it.

Everything worked properly except that the end date of the quest was 3 months or so too soon. This made the store owner think the quest was over and he could sell cotton again.

I just finished some fetch quests and they both worked exactly as planned.

Here is another on of these fetch quests with messed up dates. Got quest February 1710, good due September 1709.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Jamaica.rar
    735 KB · Views: 135
I had some sort of problem with fetch quests a while back and now only take "fresh" quests. I also vaguely remember getting a fetch quest with messed up dates once a long time ago.

So I'm wondering if that particular fetch quest wasn't started in May 1709 and everyone knew it had expired except the one that started it all?

Kicking this up.
This problem still remains? Do I understand right that the blocking of the goods in the store also doesn't work?
If you have a fetchquest from a certain island it should block that item in the store so you can't buy it.

Back