• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Few idea's/fixes

Vultr

Landlubber
Ahoy!

Here are a few small idea's/fixes to make the game run smoother:

1) When you board an enemy ship and kill all the enemy sailors all your men start following you right? Its like theres huney on my ass cus they follow very closely and make it very hard to quicly loot the corpses and rooms (doors). Can we set the sailors to NOT follow at all? becase i dont see the point of them following if all the enemies are dead :ixi

2) Somethimes after killing a few enemies you get some bodies stacked up on eacother, this makes it hard/impossible to loot some of them. I saw in other games that when your standing over a spot with multiple object to loot that you get a list of lootable objects first wich you can choose from (bodie number 1, bodie number2 etc). Maybe a nice addon? :dance

3) The possibility of using a "looking glass" in sea map mode. I mean while i'm sailing the sea and passing all these ships or ships are following me it would be great to press a key to be able to hold my mouse over that ship and see its cannons and stuff just like you can during a battle. Now i need to sail to every ship, go to sea mode, go to first person sailing, press ctr..... annoying :facepalm

4) Selling stuff at the shop.... can't believe no one got bored with that yet... So I go out and loot some pirate ships and fill up my convoy to the brim, sail to the nearest friendly town and sell all my stuff. Problem with this is its really slow!!!! scrolling is slow and not handy. There should be a quick key that when you select the items that you wanna get rid off in 1 go (eg. 7 different kinds of items) and sell them all together. eg. select timber, gold, silver , copper and whatever with "shift" and then press "s" to sell all.... :cheers

5) Trading and firering officers. Getting items like a bronze ring for example (+10 luck) to your officer wich you have just appointed to be captain of your second ship is almost impossible... you need to remove him, set him as fighter to be able to trade with him. Also you can only fire officers appointed to 'fighter'. The character page should work more like the ships page. If you double click a portrait of an officer it should ask 'exgange goods between officers?" YES! and also when you right click or whatever a portrait there should be a possibility to fire that officer (dont remove him from current possition, just get rid of him by sending him running for the hills). Perhaps easyer would be an option to double click any given officer so you can 'talk' to him with all the options mentioned in the dialouge posssibilities. :hmm

6) Changing the controls to move on the map sea. While i'm just sailing first person i use my arrow keys, but when i enter map mode i cant use those keys anymore and need to switch to WASD. This is unlogical. :sail

7)Knowing if a quest your about to accept will have a time period attached to it. I hate it when you just start and you accept a mission that the guy giving you this mission will only tell you you have to complete the mission within 7 days (or whatever) after you accept the mission (too late).

8) Crouch mode: this could be used whie sneaking into an enemy city to raise our skill in stealth. eg. you enter the city at night with 10 stealth skill, now you press the key assigned to 'crouch' and your stealth key increases with 10.... wich makes it harder for the guards to see you, but makes you move slower. :bow

9) Ability to move the screen without turning your character that way in 3th person vieuw. :no

I think thats all so far that i think could be realistic to fix/add... there are other things wich i think would be a bit too hard because you'l have to change the entire physics of the game then like adding the abbility to jump to your character. Anyways when i come up with more idea's i'll post them here too :nk

Thanks for reading and i'm looking forward to your reactions!

1. We did that in the PotC Build Mod; should be possible in CoAS also. :yes

1. We did that in the PotC Build Mod; should be possible in CoAS also. :yes

I have the combined mod.... only option you have there is to hold your officers, charge and something else :p
Problem is this only applies to the officers you set as 'fighter', not the regular sailor dudes that charge the enemy ship.

One thing I was thinking of was making the boardings seem ... more exciting and dynamic ...

Maybe more musket action, more areas off the ship to go through? Freeing slaves and prisoners to join your crew? Encountering other crew officers, more people to fight ... just Ideas :keith

I agree with some kind of remedy for 4, gets to redundant after a while

I was even thinking of more random encounters and little side quests ... just to keep things interesting, good ideas vultr :cheers

EDIT: Oh, just thought of another Idea! How about the Blunderbuss pistol damaging multiple enemies hp at once?

Edit 2: Thinking of a project, called "More Sound Immersion" where you hear the ships bell, officers yelling (Sea and boarding), animals and bird noises in jungle, etc.

One thing I was thinking of was making the boardings seem ... more exciting and dynamic ...

Maybe more musket action, more areas off the ship to go through? Freeing slaves and prisoners to join your crew? Encountering other crew officers, more people to fight ... just Ideas :keith

I agree with some kind of remedy for 4, gets to redundant after a while

I was even thinking of more random encounters and little side quests ... just to keep things interesting, good ideas vultr :cheers

EDIT: Oh, just thought of another Idea! How about the Blunderbuss pistol damaging multiple enemies hp at once?

Edit 2: Thinking of a project, called "More Sound Immersion" where you hear the ships bell, officers yelling (Sea and boarding), animals and bird noises in jungle, etc.

Hmmm, yeah making the boarding more dynamic is 1 thing, but making more area's to move trough on the ship and options to free slaves and stuff isn't a good idea... This would make the boarding too long.. imagine fighting 5 ships and boarding them all. 1 hour later u can board ship number 3 ;)
You know when you board a ship you can search all the doors for items right? That bores me now so I skip it. Imagine getting bored freeing slaves and moving trough a ship everytime...
I agree on the fact that the boarding could be more dynamic , but then i fear you wont have room to move. Getting more troops to fight means there wont be alot of space left, even now i cant attack some enemies because my troops block the way.

A blunderbuss that kills multiple enemies.... we could add a machine gun and bazooka too... :will
I dont think we need better weapons since your captain gets stronger over the course of time.... More weapons and maybe a bit more exotic would be fun tho.

The sounds... yeah! That would make the fighting more dynamic even tho theres nothing new going on. The sounds can make a boarding or even just firering cannons be .. more :p
Imagine sailors screeming after taking a hit, and people yelling and stuff :p

Also I'd like to add another point to it regarding your allied ships:

When you attack an enemy convoy and whant to board them all your ships gets full quick, so you need to sail to an allied ship to unload your stuff. This is just too hard and slow! Do allied ships raid the cargo when they board the enemy? if not then fix that and add an option to order your allied ship to come closer to you! :sail

A Blunderbuss that kills multiple enemies is realistic ... that type of weapon was for crowd control, especially during boardings, to wipe out multiple enemies at once. I agree for a little more weapons thou :onya

Might be a bit too late with this, but anyway...

For 2) - when you loot the body don't click on x, click on "exit the screen" (or whatever it is called). That way that body won't be "lootable" again so you can check all the bodies no matter how many are there stacked in same place

Although I think the model for this weapon is the wrong one in 3.2, we do have a musketoon in the game. I'm not sure if its possible to enable it to kill more than one enemy at once. Albiet, this weapon is strong as it is, IMO...I don't think people want a one shot kill weapon in the game.

5) Trading and firering officers. Getting items like a bronze ring for example (+10 luck) to your officer wich you have just appointed to be captain of your second ship is almost impossible... you need to remove him, set him as fighter to be able to trade with him. Also you can only fire officers appointed to 'fighter'. The character page should work more like the ships page. If you double click a portrait of an officer it should ask 'exgange goods between officers?" YES! and also when you right click or whatever a portrait there should be a possibility to fire that officer (dont remove him from current possition, just get rid of him by sending him running for the hills). Perhaps easyer would be an option to double click any given officer so you can 'talk' to him with all the options mentioned in the dialouge posssibilities. :hmm
While I agree with the suggestion (and I've moaned about this exact problem in the past), you can talk to and equip any officers by going to your cabin (from sea mode), then through the various rooms on the ship until you come to the ward room.

9) Ability to move the screen without turning your character that way in 3th person vieuw. :no
Hold CTRL.

Although I think the model for this weapon is the wrong one in 3.2, we do have a musketoon in the game. I'm not sure if its possible to enable it to kill more than one enemy at once. Albiet, this weapon is strong as it is, IMO...I don't think people want a one shot kill weapon in the game.

There was an shotgun in vanilla (tho I can't remember how I got it - it's possible it was trough console command when I was testing something or one of the major quests). That was an overkill, about 1900 pts of damage per shot, 4 bullets loaded and very very short reload times.

There was an shotgun in vanilla (tho I can't remember how I got it - it's possible it was trough console command when I was testing something or one of the major quests). That was an overkill, about 1900 pts of damage per shot, 4 bullets loaded and very very short reload times.

Shotgun is in Tenochtitlan Quest. :ixi

I wish to capture a town without this f...... governor part. I capture so many towns but never get this for myself. So much work to capture a town and all i earn for this: Little money. Sad!
Thats for me the biggest mistake in the game.

I wish to capture a town without this f...... governor part. I capture so many towns but never get this for myself. So much work to capture a town and all i earn for this: Little money. Sad!

You need to acquire the ability to capture cities by starting (and ending) one of the many national quests, pick the Spain/Holland/France or Pirate Line ones if you want to capture cities and then keep them for yourself.

Enjoy. And happy conquering.

this new mod overwrites the files from v3.1.5 right? please confirm .because i want a good clean files for 3.2 because i have done some tweaking from the previous version XD

You need to acquire the ability to capture cities by starting (and ending) one of the many national quests, pick the Spain/Holland/France or Pirate Line ones if you want to capture cities and then keep them for yourself.

Enjoy. And happy conquering.

Hmm, that what I mean without this f**k..... governor part. I´m a pirat, i don´t want to ask: Sir, please i want capture a town for me - I want capture without a approbation :rolleyes:

The winner takes it all :sail

Well if you want to capture a town without doing a nation quest like me turn off the code. :yes

I start as a pirate and play for the pirate nation and with the code turn off I can capture town for myself. See below

capturetest2.jpg

Cheer mate :cheers

Well if you want to capture a town without doing a nation quest like me turn off the code. :yes

I start as a pirate and play for the pirate nation and with the code turn off I can capture town for myself. See below

capturetest2.jpg

Cheer mate :cheers

Sorry what do you mean: Turn off the code? I will but how and where?

And another case: How can i change the powder in stock (shops?) Or turn off to need powder because i cant fight without powder but every town sells nearly nothing or nothing. The whole caribbean without powder that makes me crazy :shock

@ Schalkepirat

1- Open program look for the file" _mod_on_off.h" open
2- Find this code = bool bWorldAlivePause = true; Change it to = bool bWorldAlivePause = false;
3- Save and start new game
If you do not have the above file the russian version do not open the "globals" file and follow step two.
I do not know if it work with the latest mod 3.2 because i do not have it install.

Cheer :cheers

Sorry cann't help you with the powder problem. :mm

@ Schalkepirat

1- Open program look for the file" _mod_on_off.h" open
2- Find this code = bool bWorldAlivePause = true; Change it to = bool bWorldAlivePause = false;
3- Save and start new game
If you do not have the above file the russian version do not open the "globals" file and follow step two.
I do not know if it work with the latest mod 3.2 because i do not have it install.

Cheer :cheers

Sorry cann't help you with the powder problem. :mm

Thanks for quick reply. :onya
The other case: I do not have this code - look at the screenshot.
Maybe i have to change to Vers. 3.1.5

In ver CM 3.2 the code in _mod_on_off is here ( marked <=== CODE HERE )

Code:
// BOAL 07.09.03  Mods on_off mode
// çäåñü è äàëåå íèê boal - ýòî ðàçðàáîò÷åñêèé íèê ALexusB

#define VERSION_NUMBER1       "Combined Mod"
#define VERSION_NUMBER2       " Ver.3.2"
#define VERSION_NUMBER3       "Piratesahoy.net" // ALexusB&Co

#define VERSION_NUM      99910  // òåêóùèé íîìåð
#define VERSION_NUM_PRE  99910  // ïîñëåäíèé ñîâìåñòìûé

#define REALISTIC_SPYGLASSES	0
// Set to 0 to reset spyglasses to stock settings (new game required)

#define REALISTIC_SHIP_PURCHASE	 0
// Set to 0 to reset ship purchase to stock settings (new game required)

#define Realistic_Reloading	1
// Set to 0 to reduce cannon reloading times (new game required)

#define RTBL	0
// Set to 0 to reset RTBL to stock settings (new game required)

//Ñàéò: http://seadogs.4fans.org
#define VERSION_WWW     "http://forum.piratesahoy.net"

// Show special message for test game statment
#define MOD_BETTATESTMODE			"ON"  // On -DEV version; Test - TST ver; Off - relize

// ãëîâàëüíàÿ ñòðîêîâàÿ ïåðåìåííàÿ
string sGlobalTemp;

// quest.c bool    bQuestCheckProcessFreeze = false; // çàìîðîçêà êâåñòîâ

// çàïðåò âñåõ ñëó÷àåê íà ñóøå (îôèöåðû è êëàäû òîæå)
bool    bDisableLandEncounters = false;
// çàïðåò æàòü ô2
bool    bDisableCharacterMenu  = false;
// ôëàã - èãðîê ÷èòåð
bool    bPlayerIsCheater =  false;  // íà ïåðñïåêòèâó, ïàò÷åì
// ðåæèì ñóïåð ÷èòîâ
bool    bBettaTestMode = false;
// ïîêàçûâàòü quest_reaction Log
bool    bQuestLogShow  = false;
// ïîêàçûâàòü èíôó ïî áàëàíñó
bool    bExpLogShow    = false;
// âñåãäà ñäàþòñÿ êàïèòàíû - îòëàäêà
bool    TestRansackCaptain = false;
// ïîêàç ëîêàòîðîâ
bool    bLocatorShow  = false;
// Íå æðàòü, íåò êðûñ
bool    bNoEatNoRats  = false;
// Æèâîé ìèð íà ïàóçå: ãóáåð íå ïåðååçæàåò îò âðåìåíè, íàöèè íå îáúÿâëÿþò âîéíó è ìèð, ýñêàäðû íå áåðóò ãîðîä ñåáå, ãîðîä íåëüçÿ âçÿòü ñåáå (äàæå ñ ïàòåíòîì)
bool    bWorldAlivePause      = true;           <==== CODE HERE
// ïàóçà ìåòðî
bool bPauseContrabandMetro = false;
// ëîã äëÿ ÏÃÃ
bool bPGGLogShow = false;
// ôëàã ãåíåðàöèè ìîíñòðîâ
bool bMonstersGen = false;
// ôëàã ãåíåðàöèè ñóõîïóòíûõ ýíêàóíòåðîâ
bool bLandEncountersGen = true;
// ôëàã â ñóíäóêå

:drunk

Back