• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Few of us having profile problems

Reepah82

Landlubber
Hey its me again, I'm having a problem with the save and loading. Sorry if this has been brought up before but I've been searching for a solution off and on all day and haven't found anything yet. I don't use the quicksave at all. When I start the game it loads fine, when I go to load game my profile is there and i'll play for a bit and when I save it says i'm saving to my profile but there are no saves there other than the "New Save" option. i'll hit save and it works fine but if I go to load that save my profile isn't there, my profile is named player, there is a profile named playeru which I didn't make but It has 0 saves on it, but I can quit the game completely and restart it and my original profile will be there with the save I just made and all the other saves are there also. so I made a new profile to try and see if it was that, and it did the same thing, named the profile James, and it changed to James' with the apostrophe with 0 saves when I try to load. but if I close out the game completely then it works fine. its a little frustrating, because if I die and want to reload I have to close out the game completely just to reload a previous save, my dad is having the same problem as well on his laptop

When you click load and go to the next screen you will see a "profile" box on the right side. When you click that it should show you all of the profiles you have. Select the one you want there and delete any others.

I have no idea how the saves are getting corrupted in the first place. There is a rash of new players having save problems but this is all new to those who have been playing a while. What is your lowest common denominator?

I've tried that, when I click profiles it shows the ones I didn't make. my profiles aren't even there unless I close out the game completely and start it back over. after reloading I seen I have player (the one I created) and playeru ( the one I didn't create) and when I deleted playeru the original player profile I created disappeared and the playeru was greyed out. I closed out the game and loaded back up and player was back and playeru was gone, but it still does the same thing when trying to reload when playing

I am now playing on a new profile named Reaper. I deleted all other profiles I had. when I closed out the game and reloaded it, it told me "unable to load profile "player"'. there are no other profiles on the game now, other than reaper, so its still looking for the player profile, I think I started having problems after I switched to a custom named profile.

Unfortunately despite my best efforts, the profiles system is STILL dodgy.
Try to avoid using too many different ones at the same time, ideally just stick to the default "Player" one.
Empty your SAVE folder of files you don't need. Perhaps also removing your "options" file could help.

ok just for an update, I deleted everything and started over, used default player profile, and all works great. Thanks Pieter

Back