• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Few questions about the CoAS and GOF ERAs.

Luciferret

Landlubber
Ok, first of all the wind. I was pondering this one before in POTC build forums. Is there a possibility to change the wind direction to more random than it is now? It seems pretty silly it blows mostly against you and makes it damn frustrating to sail. Eg. getting out of bays like Maracaibo.

Second, new characters in GOF eras. Ive started few games now jsut for curiosity and every new player starts with frigate or galleon. Is it really so? Did i do something wrong in the installation of the mod? Seems a bit odd that a captain with crappy skills starts with such a vessels no country would give unless he had proven skills to handle it. Looking the ship stats tells me that my captains skills gives me a fraction of the manouverability and speed the ship should have. I know it wouldnt be max value beacause of the cargo and cannons and such, but still, a fraction. A rookie captain should start with a lot smaller vessel than it starts now.

There. I had something else to ask but forgot while writing this one. Will be back.

Now i remembered it. Officer salaries. Lvl 2 gunner, 31K pieces of eight per month! WTH?! I didnt know officers of this era were all millionairies. How the hell you can keep a ship with every position fullfilled without going to backrupty?

MK said he made a mistake because he was testing new ships when he put out the second patch. The 1st version didnt have the bigger ships for new RPCS except for a couple of characters. Most characters are supposed to start with the little sail boat. He says he is going to release a new RPGutilities and RPGcharacters file that will fix that and also that will be in the new big patch hes workin on... The money and pay probs are stock vanilla and have always been like that way..... I agree someone should do a mod to change money and pays... The thing is though that when you have gobs of money which is super easy to make in this game then you never have to worry about payin crews so it kinda balances out anyways after playing for a little while....

Allrighty.. And i know what you mean about money. I found 2 treasure chests and i got about 6m GP now. Ridiculous amount of money. Actually its so much i dont know where to put it anymore. Improved my ship fully and bought all the maps from traders allready and still millions. Someone should mod the economic parts of the game to more realistic one.

Now i remembered it. Officer salaries. Lvl 2 gunner, 31K pieces of eight per month! WTH?! I didnt know officers of this era were all millionairies. How the hell you can keep a ship with every position fullfilled without going to backrupty?

Are you saying that you are paying that one gunner $31,000 a month? I have three ships and lots of officers including a level 6 Gunner and normally it costs about $65,000-$75,000 a month total. Dunno why it varies from month to month. Attrition?

Are you saying that you are paying that one gunner $31,000 a month? I have three ships and lots of officers including a level 6 Gunner and normally it costs about $65,000-$75,000 a month total. Dunno why it varies from month to month. Attrition?

I don't know what is going on with the economics in Luciferret's game.
My guess is poor trade skills.

My officer salaries are between 2500-4000 gold per month at very high skill levels and with a full seasoned crew and officer complement the ship total is around a total of 65k gold/month.
Trades skills do effect hiring of officers greatly, and can cause that 31k gold in cost.

Yes, some treasure items are set to to way too high of value like caskets of jewels for 125k apiece, when you have high trade skills.
Item value can be easily adjusted in item kinds, but requires a reinit.

With ModernKnight1 quitting GOF Eras updates, I don't know how long the mod with remain viable in the long run.
I don't have access to his development script files, and have to do things from scratch.

There is no need to panic. ERAS will stay around for over a year and there will always be people wandering by and tweaking things.

Or reduce the effects that the trade multiplier does for each rank. 25 points on trade = and so on, if that's halved then it would drastically reduce the bonuses you see in profit so early ingame and some modifications to the economy side like items value's been reduced In price and again reducing the overall profit the store will give you would improve the games life span, difficulty and fun. At least for those who find the game far to easy and this was something I had planned for GOF 2 in the early days but didn't expect to spend more time fixing than I had, so I never got around to it and because I have the mod switch realistic costs it would allow people to switch between a more realistic economy or the COAS default.

BlackKnight Can you help me. when i want to install Pennant SATIN Flags mod for Gof Eras It Doesn't work and gets rid of icons in the game where do i put the mod so i can fix this problem!

BlackKnight Can you help me. when i want to install Pennant SATIN Flags mod for Gof Eras It Doesn't work and gets rid of icons in the game where do i put the mod so i can fix this problem!

Please follow my instructions...http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/gof-commodore-pennant-style-historical-satin-flags-v1-03.22094/
Instructions for Use:

1) Back up your files! Prepare for overwrite!
2) Pennant Flags - Pick your choice, rename to flagall_ship.tga.tx and drop into resource/textures/
3) Nation Flags F2 GUI - Pick your choice, rename if necessary to nations.tga.tx (if using the coat of arms version) and drop in resource/textures/interfaces
4) Nations Small - Drop into resources/textures/interfaces
5) Ship Identification Flags - Drop into resource/textures
6) Ship Interaction Flags - Drop into resource/textures/battle_interface
7) World Map Flags - Drop into resource/textures/worldmap/interfaces

This modification works for any version of CoAS.

Nice knight love you man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry its working lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap! Is that a new version of CAPS LOCK posts? It looks proper BIZARRE! :shock

Back