• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved files don't open

What files do you mean? Are you trying to install the GoF mod? Try doing it OUTSIDE Program Files.

What you should do is post a more detailed explanation of exactly what problem your having, what files you are having an issue with, and exactly what your trying to accomplish.

Then wait for someone who can actually answer your question to reply before asking the same thing over and over again.

Ryan, Could you please take the time to write a longer message explaining EXACTLY what is wrong. We have no idea what you are talking about when you only post a few words. That's like telling a Doctor I'm sick, but not telling him what hurts or what your symptoms are.

What kind of computer are you using? What are its specifications? What is the operating system you are using?

Which mod have you downloaded?

What is your problem with the mod?

What specifically are you doing to try to install or open the mod?

I am suspecting that you don't have WinRAR so can't unpack the mod.

What does the mod look like when you download it?

Is there a symbol with some little stacked books?

Is it a file that you can't open and your computer doesn't know what it is?

Is the file a black square with the symbols 7 Z in the middle?

I am not yelling at you, just teaching you a little. You should learn a little about forum etiquette. I would suggest you do a google search for Internet Forum Etiquette.

Before you double post every five minutes or hang or post the same thing all over in different places, please WAIT for someone to answer your first post. If you want to add something to that post you can open it back up, push edit, and then type more. Please be patient. Someone will answer you eventually. OK Mate! :onya

MK

i'm downloading the GOF mod i'm also using windows 7i just got winRAR it keeps saying the mod is skipped it has the black box with 7z and i am trying the WinRAR so

The mod files are 7-Zip files that WinRAR cannot open. You need to install 7-Zip and use that.

ok so i'm in 7 zip but the GOF Full Patch says that its files can open i'm really confused on how to get these characters and ships into the AoP 2 CoAS game how do i extract the files from 7 zip into the game

I am not overly familiar with the GoF files. Please wait until one of the CoAS modders drops by and helps you on. :doff

If the 7Z file is in a folder, drag it onto your desktop. Also unhook from the internet and disable your Anti Virus and Firewall temporarily. If the COAS game is installed in your Playlogic folder, drag COAS folder out onto your desktop. Try these things and see if you can get it to unpack. When it asks for the location to unpack to, make certain you are pointing it to where your game file is (now on the desktop C:/Desktop/Age of Pirates 2).

MK

ok i did it now i just have to load the game and hope that they are in and i want to how i get 1 of the ships to be my start ship
:confused:

"Then wait for someone who can actually answer your question to reply before asking the same thing over and over again." -Thagarr

Patience is a virtue....

As for starter ship go into these folders:
Age of Pirates 2 > Program > Characters
Then open the RPGUtilite.c file using Notepad or Notepad++(2nd one is one I use and highly recommend).

Then find this line:

if(!REALISTIC_SHIP_PURCHASE) // = If Realistic Ship Purchase is NOT enabled
{
//pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_BOUNTY + rand(3) - 1), 0);
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_BlackPearl, true);

}
else // = If Realistic SHIP PURCHASE IS enabled
{

pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_BERMSLOOP + rand(2) - 1), 0);
}
}

Depending on the setting you chose, you can change above like how I have pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_BOUNTY + rand(3) - 1), 0); commented out and below that I changed it so the black pearl is my starter ship. But I also have Realistic Ship Purchase set to false so this is the ship I start with instead of the 2nd one listed below (settings are in the _mod_on_off.h file)
You can find _mod_on_off.h file in Age of Pirates 2 > Program (also opened with notepad or notepad++)

EDIT: 0.o except I think its supposed to be GenerateShip(SHIP_BlackPearl, 0); .... not 100% sure on that, I kinda copied/paste that from somewhere I think. Might've been diff game or I was thinking of something different when I put that in. Either way, you'll be changing the SHIP_ to which ever ship you wanted to use.

Back