• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Filters in trade interface

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
- Add filters in trade screens ( display only my items, merchant items ..)

This might be a nice idea to include. When in the trade interface there is a button you can click so you only see the items which you posses so you can sell them more easy. What do you guys think?

I don't have any objections to such a feature. Though I don't think we need to make it a high priority.
Traders never have all that many items anyway and the player can store stuff in the chest, so there shouldn't be any real need to have a huge amount of items to scroll through.
I think....

That's a good idea. Lots of modern RPGs have this feature, and it really helps when you've picked up a load of items you want to sell.

Does that sell everything that isn't equipped, or just items that aren't weapons, medical supplies and maps?
Sometimes you might want to sell most of your loot but keep one or two good swords, or something like that.

If nothing else, this proposed feature would help the player to see what items they have while visiting a merchant, even if they don't want to sell it all.
I could see this being even more useful when selling cargo, when selling specific goods on different islands, rather than selling the whole lot at once.

Does that sell everything that isn't equipped, or just items that aren't weapons, medical supplies and maps?
Sometimes you might want to sell most of your loot but keep one or two good swords, or something like that.
It contains a bit of a "clever" code to sell all random items that don't contribute skills and to sell any weapons it considers to be low-level.
This is based on player level and weapon minlevel, if I recall.

Good chance that this code isn't clever enough, but it is a start at least.

If nothing else, this proposed feature would help the player to see what items they have while visiting a merchant, even if they don't want to sell it all.
I could see this being even more useful when selling cargo, when selling specific goods on different islands, rather than selling the whole lot at once.
Cargo is completely independent, of course. There you have "Sell All" and "Auto Buy" (sells everything you've got and buys default supplies).
The default supplies might need to have medicine added to it, which is currently not the case.

I can certainly see a use for this. But with the amount of other things that I'd like to see done,
this one would require a lot of effort for functionality that I don't think is quite crucial.
So I'm not saying it shouldn't be done. But I am saying we might want to consider doing some other things first. :wp

In the store you scroll through your items first and then the store items, so I see no use for a button to show only your items. GOF2 uses a completely different menu system and does have that button. It can be useful there.

Back