• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Final Goodbyes

smallsword8

Landlubber
Ok, fellow forum members / moderators.

I've only been here for a short time, and I believe that there's much more to come. However, even the most delightful experiences end. I'm joining the military. Yes, I posted a notice 2 weeks ago and im about to leave for Fort Benning, Georgia. I've everything packed and I'm leaving ol' Denver soon.

I will be posting updates on life at Fort Benning. I'll try to post updates twice a week or so, thought I may not as there is field training and so on...

I believe I've made some contributions, as well as some bug complaints, especially my latest, and LONGEST! rant / bug report as seen by people like Armada and miklkit. Nevertheless, Piratesahoy! has been an extremely welcoming and homely community. I have enjoyed posting here and I believe everyone does too. I have given Armada the idea of improving the "Pure White Sails" option in PotC. In the screenies he has shown so far, I believe it would be a favorite and feature of New Horizons.
Armada, I hope you will finish the sails and share them with the community while I'm gone. I'm sure you won't regret releasing such a beautiful mod :bow

And so, that's all I have to say so far. Don't worry you'll be hearing from me soon! Just check this post, or my profile page for updates on life in Fort Benning.
Hope to hear from ALL of you, and I wish everyone the best in keeping Piratesahoy! not only fast growing community, but also one if THE BEST in the entire W.W.W.

Best of wishes, Stay frosty :hmm

Sincerely,
Senior Midshipman(To be Changed) Antonio 'Toni' Ryan.

Fair winds mate, it is indeed an honorable profession you have chosen! Your stay here may have been a short one so far, but it's all about quality not quantity! :onya

Nevertheless, Piratesahoy! has been an extremely welcoming and homely community. I have enjoyed posting here and I believe everyone does too.
That's the beauty of PA!, it's unlike any other forum out there. I reckon it's down to the kind of people that enjoy games of the pirate RPG genre... :cheers
Saying that, I shudder to think of what you'd see on something like a Call of Duty forum...

Armada, I hope you will finish the sails and share them with the community while I'm gone. I'm sure you won't regret releasing such a beautiful mod :bow
The new sails are part of the upcoming 'Easter Naval Supplies' pack, so they'll be available to everyone soon enough. :yes

Senior Midshipman(To be Changed) Antonio 'Toni' Ryan.
Keep me posted on what you want this changed to... ;)

Anyways, best of luck in your new career, mate!
I could certainly never do what you're about to, and I respect your decision to do so! :onya

I wish you well in your future endeavors. As an Army veteran I have some idea of where you are going. Know that I give to the Disabled American Veterans every year, and will continue to work to get our soldiers the best equipment and support we can. That includes stopping the impending pay cuts once again. I am very upset at the way our military has been used and abused in the last decade and will continue to work to get you what you deserve. :dance

Good luck, mate! You'll be welcome back here if ever you get the chance. :doff

Hey guys, thanks for all the hearty replies!

Just arrived in Georgia, 9.28 P.M. Central time. Posting this with my phone. Waiting for the bus to Fort benning. Keep you guys updated asap. Oh and Armada, I put (to be changed) cos I will be given a rank in the army. I'll let you know when I needed it changed.

Oh and Armada, I put (to be changed) cos I will be given a rank in the army.
I thought that's what you meant. :yes
And actually, that'll be good, beacuse then Pieter will no longer be the only one using his real title as his forum title... :razz

Ok, Armada, I think Pieter would LOVE to finally have a friend xD: , if you know what I mean ;) ; especially one that has an actual rank, just like him :dance

Ok everyone. Visit my profile for updates regarding life in Fort Benning. If you guys want, however, I could create another thread thats meant for this. For now, updates go to my profile page :razz

Edit: Nvm I think I'll just make a new thread.

Edit 2: Ok guys, Heres the link to updates!
Link: Life in Fort Benning, Georgia

Back