• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixing Models to Promotions

I know the two things that need to be changed, soldier gets your nation flag your flying. Therefore if its PERSONAL it will be Nathanial, needs to be ENGLAND for the English soldiers.

I know for a fact that some of the crewman are now English soldiers but not all. Do the same thing as the headmodel and model but this time include Treas_Crewmember_1 to Treas_Crewmember_10 as well as the crewmember_01 to 05. Oh and why are you still giving yourself the soldier outfit? :wacko:

Yes that is the switch and it needs to be at the top above every case you get that has multiple models it can be

this code wasn't workin so i left that soldier uniform in. ok so the crewman that go ashore are now engish soldiers, thats workin fine but the boarding party are still nathan hawks wether i use personal flag or british.

ok so this is now how its set out -

Code:
case 1: // Midshipman
switch(GetAttribute(pchar,"model"))
{
case "cnorrington": GiveModel2Player("Mdnorrington", true); break;
case "blaze": GiveModel2Player("47_Blaze_brtmds", true); break;
switch(rand(3))
{
case 0: GiveModel2Player("brtmds1_18", true); break;
case 1: GiveModel2Player("brtmds2_18", true); break;
case 2: GiveModel2Player("brtmds3_18", true); break;
case 3: GiveModel2Player("brtmds4_18", true); break;
}
}
GiveModel2Player("sailor10", false);
GiveModel2Player("sailor19", false);
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_01")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m1;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_01")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m1;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_02")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m2;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_02")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m2;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_03")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m3;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_03")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m3;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_04")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m4;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_04")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m4;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_05")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m5;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_05")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m5;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_1")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m1;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_1")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m1;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_2")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m2;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_2")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m2;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_3")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m3;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_3")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m3;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_4")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m4;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_4")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m4;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_5")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m5;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_5")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m5;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_6")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m6;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_6")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m6;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_7")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m7;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_7")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m7;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_8")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m8;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_8")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m8;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_9")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m9;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_9")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m9;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_10")].model = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m10;
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_10")].headmodel = Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m10;
pchar.boardingmodels = "Soldier";
break;

Ummmmmm.......
Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m7;
Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m8;
Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m9;
Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m10;
??????????

These models DONT exist I have said like 3 times 1-6 (well actually its 0-6 but 0 is officer) ;)

I have fixed the NATHANIAL HAWKS problem, but you will need to wait for Patch 1 to come out :yes

In fact can I have your latest NK.c file? Might include this in the next patch :yes

Ummmmmm.......
Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m7;
Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m8;
Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m9;
Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m10;
??????????

These models DONT exist I have said like 3 times 1-6 (well actually its 0-6 but 0 is officer) ;)

I have fixed the NATHANIAL HAWKS problem, but you will need to wait for Patch 1 to come out :yes

In fact can I have your latest NK.c file? Might include this in the next patch :yes

I havn't seen you say that but i changed it already anyways, iv attached the file. Is the NATHANIAL HAWKS problem easy to fix? can i do it myself?

Attachments

• NK.c
    49.2 KB · Views: 80
You dont, there is a bit of code set up that the statement I just gave you will get model 1 for ENGLAND in ANY period, you change the 1 to any number between 1-6 to get the other models for that period :shrug

I dont have a clue Im afraid
There is where I did say it ;)

Not really it takes a fair bit of work Im afraid, and it needs to be done for every nation :shock

You dont, there is a bit of code set up that the statement I just gave you will get model 1 for ENGLAND in ANY period, you change the 1 to any number between 1-6 to get the other models for that period :shrug

I dont have a clue Im afraid
There is where I did say it ;)

Not really it takes a fair bit of work Im afraid, and it needs to be done for every nation :shock

lol you got me there fella, i hope the NK file helps. it would be prity cool to have somethin iv done added to the mod, especially since iv only bin moddin for like a week now

It would indeed be very cool, I remember the first thing of mine that got included... A bug fix for a sidequest where a guy wouldnt talk to you :rofl

If characters are becoming soldiers despite your .model assignments,
check what LAi type they're being set to. PatrolType and *GuardType* (???)
make instant-soldiers. Use CivilianPatrolType instead.

Pieter, the models that are wrong are for boarding decks ;) (trying to set it to soldiers). I have fixed this up now :yes

This will be included in the Patch but the file will be NK(PRO).c and will require the name to be changed to be played with... I am doing this as I havnt really tested it yet :no

Fair enough. When I get back, maybe I'll have a look at it and incorporate it into the original code.
Unless you want to do it first. ;)

Back