• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flags!

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I just started this storyline to test something else and noticed that there is no longer any way to change your flag.

There is no option for personal, pirate, or any national flag except for the French flag. Since the French are the only ones NOT hostile to you this makes evading other ships awkward.

Was this done on purpose?

I started the quest and went to the relations screen and I can change the flags ... Is it after a certain moment you can't change them anymore?
Please check directly after the loading is done to see if you can change relations then.

I didn't notice this until I tried to evade some ships by changing flags and found that I could not. Will play a bit and see.

Finally got around to testing and there is only the French flag from the first save on the beach at the start.

tried it serveral times but for the they just appear so I guess it's in your installation :S.

I restarted this storyline. I changed the flags, character, ship, and picked something other than custom skills, then started the game and all of the flags are there.

It looks like choosing custom skills also messes up the flags.

I will probally look into the problem with the customizations eventually. but not for now.

Uh? How can custom skills mess up flags? The two are totally unrelated. :shock

Anyway, I tested this by starting a new game with Custom Player Type. No problems with changing flags that I can find.
However, I can confirm that the custom player type does NOT take effect properly. :modding

I typed that wrong. One time the flags were messed up and the next time they were fine.

Back