• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine Limitation Flickering wake (graphical issue)

FlyingGhost

Rumrunner
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
In my current savegame the wake of my ship has started flickering violently - to the point where I had to report it now. I recall having this before, a long time ago. Now, starting a new game with the same ship etc. it's all back to normal.
The current savegame has been having this flickering for a long time now, I thought it would fix itself eventually but it hasn't yet.

Here's a (bad quality) video:

I'm running with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770.

Build 14 Beta 3.4 version as of today.

Attachments

• -=Nelson=- QuickSave.zip
    728.5 KB · Views: 116
It seemed to be getting worse and worse as time progressed, now after many hours I reached "Martinique Waters" (from "Jamaica Waters"), and suddenly the wake is normal again, without the flicker. It didn't get fixed when I came into new instances after a "sail ho!", but it seems to've been fixed after the "land ho!".

:sparrow

I first saw that when working on the Open Sea mod. Never did figure out what causes it as it is pretty random. It is only seen at night and when encountering a fleet one ship will have it and the next one will not.

My guess is this falls in the same category as the mast graphical glitches .... Might be fixable some day but for now I'm going to put it under engine limitations

Back