• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flooding the Oxbay Sewer

Then the question is: does the water have any influence on that or not?

I have been checking the problem of reloading to the Port from the Port & House by Port gate entrances to Speightstown Sewer in the Assassin Storyline :nk

I think it is not caused by the flooding of the Sewer. :no

I have checked with Patch 3 Dry Sewer & Patch 4 Flooded Sewer.

In both cases the reloading to the Port does not happen if player is on his own - or with officers.

The problem seems to be that when you enter the sewer with Chico Cois - he loads on top of you ( not sure if the locator is Reload reload2_back or Reload Reload2 ) and causes the player to be loaded back to port. This happens both in the dry sewer in Patch 3 & the flooded sewer in Patch 4 :modding

If you have officers with you they load some distance in front of you on Officers Reload2_1 - so do not cause the problem.

In that case, the reason is probably that Chico Cois isn't coded as an officer at that point. Maybe he should be...

The problem seems to be that when you enter the sewer with Chico Cois - he loads on top of you ( not sure if the locator is Reload reload2_back or Reload Reload2 ) and causes the player to be loaded back to port. This happens both in the dry sewer in Patch 3 & the flooded sewer in Patch 4 :modding

If you have officers with you they load some distance in front of you on Officers Reload2_1 - so do not cause the problem.
And why not change the coordinates of that locator? No need to change anything in the questreactions.c

I suspect that because Choico Cois isn't set as officer, he might reload on the player locator by default.
So moving the locator could move the problem and still not solve it. :facepalm

I'll check the code about Chico in this part of the main quest and in case, send you a modification of the questreactions.c

The original Dungeon_1 model is used also on Saint Martin, Antigua and Aruba.
Does anyone think we should restore the Speighstown Sewer back to normal and put a flooded sewer on one of these other islands?
If so, which island would be good?

:mm
Not sure about changing the one on Saint Martin as it makes up part of a dungeon/cavern that links the 2 towns and a beach - would be strange being transported between a dry & flooded dungeon . :woot

Unless the flooding was in all the sections of the dungeon.

I'd prefer not flooding another section, so not Saint Martin then. :shrug

RANT ON! :rumgone

Went to the Speightstown Sewer for a Treasure Quest last night. It is unplayable. I had no problem at first, but as we moved in we started swimming and then my camera pointed straight down. I had no idea what was happening except that eventually I was killed. Only got one screenie.

RANT OFF! :rumgone

I thought something like that would happen. Have been trying to get that treasure quest without sucess. :sad To check it.

With the current water level (causing Swimming in the lower level rooms & walking in passage-ways ) - I think the chest won't trigger since you can't walk over it.

Were you actually fighting the Bandits in the room while swimming - I could only fight them in the passageways where the water level is lower and I could walk.

I'm restoring the Speightstown dungeon to be a dungeon.
The sewer is moving to Saint Martin, where there isn't a treasure quest or any story involvement.
That way, it just helps to be a bit different, but isn't so important.
Does that sound better to you?

I couldn't fight because I was swimming, and couldn't see anything but floor anyway. I'm not sure if I made it into the main room or not. If the water level was lower so one could wade around it would be ok, I think.

I don't remember what the Saint Martin dungeon is like, so have no opinion.

A while back I ran into a swamp somewhere. Is that still out there?

The swamp is still on Hispaniola, yes. It was just me testing to see if it could be done, but figured I'd leave it in for variety's sake.

The main problem with the sewer is that the camera collision detection went haywrire, which is no good. :facepalm

Thanks, mate. I'm not entirely sure the water colour is perfect, but that can be changed if anyone cares to experiment.
Also, I'm not sure if it's the best location to swampify, but at least it proves the point.
If you run into any other locations that'd be fun to make a swamp of, name them; it's just a simple matter of adding a few code lines.

I'm restoring the Speightstown dungeon to be a dungeon.
The sewer is moving to Saint Martin, where there isn't a treasure quest or any story involvement.
That way, it just helps to be a bit different, but isn't so important.
Does that sound better to you?

In Build 14 beta 1 Patch 5

I have just been through the flooded dungeon on St Martin :bow

I had problems in the lower passageway - I think the water level is too high - I was swimming all the time in both the lower level passageway and the rooms so I was unable to fight the bandits. :ixi

Personally I think the water level should be a bit lower - so that you are only swimming in the lower level rooms and can walk & fight in the lower level passageways and alcoves.

:cheers

Did you get this file yet? You really need to!
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_beta2_wip/sewer_fix.exe
With that installed, there should be swimming only on the lower level.

Did you get this file yet? You really need to!
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_beta2_wip/sewer_fix.exe
With that installed, there should be swimming only on the lower level.

:yes
I was playing with that installed.
In both the lower passageway & lower rooms you are swimming and unable to fight the bandits there - would be easier if the water level was a bit lower so that you were just swimming in the lower rooms and could walk in the lower passageway. :yes

:ixi

Back