• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Flying Dutchman Project: Cursed & Uncursed

can I have a side and back view and deck
? preferably closer

judging by these screenshots, I can only say that the sailing armament does not correspond at all.

Last edited:
waiting then) but anyway, even if working on it, need the obj model. at least for me. and isn't it too polygonal for new horizons?

and isn't it too polygonal for new horizons?
I think for ships there is no limitation on ship file sizes. Only characters are affected by this I believe.
However I am not sure if the game could get laggy for some people if a really high detailed ship model is used.

If it is decided to use this model the polygons can be reduced. Blender does this pretty well from what I saw when I tried it in the past. I also tried it in Maya 5, but it didn't look as good.

there are restrictions on ships. I don't remember which ones. and if you reduce the number of polygons, then the point is in it? to change the awl for soap.
the ship will probably lose something in this case. in any case, you first need to look at its compliance with the original source.

If the ship is good perhaps the polygons could be reduced to be closely under any limit that may arise, thus being the best we can have for now.
You are right though. Someone needs to take a closer look to see if it is even worth it.

well, screenshots are needed. and it seems to me that the adaptation of this model and especially the textures will be very long. most likely, they will give up again. I've seen enough of these would-be modelers. they don't finish anything.

it's not serious. Everything is not there and not that. The creator didn't care about the original source. If necessary, I can analyze it in detail.

something like this about)

After many years, this is by far the most breathtaking thing i have ever seen on this website
you have done wonders on this for this looks absolutely amazing how long do you think before this is gonna be game ready?

its been forever since i had this much hope and excitement for the FD Model since all the way back in early 2016 even back when Legendary_Spider was working on his model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure Gowras will make the best Flying Dutchman model that exist on the web. I just hope that he will not forget to mention that I was drawing those textures ;) But trust me it will be the best Dutchman that you seen :)

You did very well with the textures as well, im very impressed with how well you did with them you both made the perfect choices to finally finish this project.

You have both done amazing jobs on this, you both deserve all the support you get

Keep up the amazing work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, these textures were originally drawn by FlyingDutchman_Capitan. But alas, they are already being redrawn.

From how good it looks i cant see anything that can be improved, but im certainly welcome to be surprised

From how good it looks i cant see anything that can be improved, but im certainly welcome to be surprised
There is a lot that can and should be improved) conformity in detail, increasing clearness, but the most important thing-is the resolution)

Back