• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Flying Dutchman Project: Cursed & Uncursed

[QUOTE = "Legendary_Spider, publicación: 537530, miembro: 15630"] Este es el progreso que hice el viernes.

[/CITA]

hello legendary spider, do you know where I can get the link to download this uncursed dutchman?

This is not a Dutchman. this is a Сaleuche on which they tried to pull textures vaguely similar to Turner's version.

Well the Caleuche from TEHO is very similar to the Dutchman from the PotC movies.
You are right though, the model itself is very probably that, now that I look at it again. :yes

The Caleuche is completely different from the Dutchman when viewed in detail. Here is a good example. Dutchman ass and Caleuche ass. And similar differences are everywhere. in every place you look.

They are not 100% the same true.
But I wouldn't call them completely different.

The difference is in the textures really.
If you take a look at in while in the game you will see that she too has the same lanterns as the Dutchman, only with less sea weed if I remember correctly.
On the front they also have the same "mouth" and skeleton, as well as the iconic triple cannons.
I suppose in a way they look like sister ships.

Edit:
[1:05]

Last edited:
Also take a look at this post from @Legendary_Spider.

Not 100% the same again, but close enough for me.

Edit:
give an example of what you can do texture Flying Dutchman) such as in jedem Corsairs addone

=============================

The YouTube videos are before TEHO, but it's the same model far as I can tell.

Edit 2: This may also interest you.
Found it! I think it's concept art, but it's something. Here's the uncursed stern compared to the cursed stern.
View attachment 8639 View attachment 8640

Last edited:
the mouth is completely different. the skeleton is different. the lights are different. everything there is different. I compared it. Even the shape of the ship is different. this is not the right model. it's obvious.

I will give it a closer look then once I reinstall TEHO.
Could you please post a comparison between the two mouths until then?
Perhaps there is something I am not remembering. I had replaced the Caleuche model with the Black Pearl, so that is possible.

Thanks it indeed isn't the same.

Though I do think that the Caleuche model was intialy used as the Flying Dutchman, or at least that's what I understand from some of the earlier posts here.
There were two models I think, one that is used in New Horizons as the Flying Dutchman, and another that is now the Caleuche in TEHO.

By the way, have you made the textures for the Dutchman?
Because they look considerably better than the ones I remember from New Horizons.

The Dutchman you see in the screenshots is not from new horizons. I make it myself) The textures are not final. I hope my partner will come back to them.

PS: In new Horizons, the model even worse than Caleuche. they are both someone's fantasy,but not an option from the movie. Accordingly they are not Dutchman. With the same success any stucco molding with muzzles and mouths can be called Dutchman.

That's awesome! :woot

Nice to see a better Dutchman model in the works!

Edit: Now that I think about it makes sense.
I think that you had mentioned this model somewhere on the Silent Mary thread.

At first, I thought to refine the Caleuche. That's how I realized that there was a huge gap between him and the real Dutchman.

Must be why I hadn't noticed this.
Until go at it at this level of detail you can't be sure that you aren't missing something. :onya

I don't think I had noticed them.
Maybe it was someone else.

My experience with the Queen Anne's Revenge is very limited.
So it would indeed be weird if I had noticed them.
I apriciate the ship as a high quality model, but I have found myself using the Black Pearl much more.

Also I think that the movie she appears that I had watched the least amount of times. Maybe except 5.

And a lot of work needs to be done on the black pearl. Here in your horizons an ordinary pearl differs from the damned one in sails and fog. and in the film, these are 2 completely different ships. =)

Indeed the sails now only use a different texture.

I think there had seen somewhere a model that had a more accurate represantation.
Can't remember where it was though.

Asside from a few posts I don't remember seeing it anywhere else unfortunately.

Back