• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Fonts size in 1920x1080

coldshadow94

Landlubber
Hi:

I'm playing the great mod GOF 2.0.9 and I have set the resolution to 1920x1080 by editing the engine.ini file. Now the problem is that with this resolution some of the fonts are way too small. Another problem is that both the background of the main menu and the pictures from the loading screens are not well adjusted. But the main problem is the one with the fonts.

I managed to change the font size from the dialogs by editing dialog.ini file (Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\dialog.ini), in which you can change the values for mainFontScale, subFontScale and charnamescale.

Now I'm trying to change the ones I show you in the screenshot, but I can't find the files I need. Does anyone know which file or files are these?

Sin título.jpg

Thank you.

Last edited:
Indeed all the fonts are too small, giving me eye strain. I do not know where any of them are tho.

1920 x 1080 is used by more than half of all gamers now.

I couldn't have changed resolution from 1024x768 to 1920x1080, so I took 1600×1200.
That's true, font is small. When I took 1920x1080, game didn't want to start. Check 1600x1200. Perhaps, it'll be better.

You have to open engine.ini and then edit this lines:

screen_x = 1920
screen_y = 1080

That's the resolution I have, and it works perfectly fine for me. But all depends on the maximum resolution of your screen. If it is 1600x1200, for example, the game won't work with any higher resolution than that, because the screen (or the graphic card) simply can't show more pixels.

If you right click on the desktop (in windows 7) and select "Screen resolution" and you see the resolution you have is the one that says "recommended", then that's the highest resolution you can set. And that one should work with the game as it does with everything else.

Yes, you're right!
I checked it and my screen's resolution is 1680x1050 as recommended.

Back