• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

-=! Fresh Mod Idea's !=- [place your thought's in here]

Someone's mentioned before that swords ought to decrease in quality over time, and it would be a great complement to `ever-ready` blacksmiths. In addition, as has been suggested, swords ought to become less common now - no more glut of cheapie blades after cutting a swath through some dudes, and fewer `high-quality` swords purchasable from any old merchant. These would increase reliance on the 'smith.

Heh, a skeleton at night. Only when you have a piece of aztec gold, right? I remember someone propsing that a few months ago. And would it only work for certain characters, like Blaze?

Re: `Leave-fleet`

theArcanaut said:
Tis a nice idea that one can lay up <b>one</b> ship and sail another and swap them and stuff... - but who wants to do that? What I would like to do in a real sea `sea-dog` scenario would be leaving my fleet of <b>three</b> ships behind at some save port to raid as a single Pirate and then again pick up my fleet again to attack a fort or to do a `trader-Job`. Now one can command his `fellow-ships` to "drift" or send them away to fight a battle alone but e.g. using the "sail to"-option brings them all together again into the mid of the battle - great!

I didn't feel like starting a new thread for this topic, RE: NEW CHARACTERS.

1) Now that it looks like we have the capability of inserting new character models into the game, which models from which games look viable? Original SD models? From other similar naval combat games? I'm not familiar with very many... that's why I had to ask.

2) It looks more complicated now than before the build to insert a new character. How is this done, starting from scratch, in order to tie it to a) portraits, B) that little "head" animation when speaking (I can't find what references which head for which model), and c) special cases like getting your officers to wear your outfit or buying it from a tailor?

See, I copied a model so it could use an edited skin while keeping the original untouched, but I couldn't get my officers to wear it. Does it need to be listed in the officer dialog file, or "enabled" somewhere else, or what?

1.) Original SeaDog models are very basic and not up to the standards of PotC. It's probably best to alter what we have from PotC or build your own.

Regarding your getting any officer to wear a particular skin, you need to enable it in the tailor mod.

Look in PotCPROGRAMDIALOGStailor_dialog.c to get the skin into a shop.

If you want this skin for an officer or for yourself, you need to make the small portraits in PotCRESOURCEInterfacePortraits (three numbers three sizes).

Also, you need to designate a "head" by copying and renaming the corresponding model head file found in PotCRESOURCEMODELSHeads

The .gm file needs to be opened and the new name written in USING THE SAME NUMBER OF LETTERS/SPACES as the original filename, like you do with the regular body model.

Also look in PotCPROGRAMQUESTS at quests_reaction.c - there is a list of characters - you need to add your new skin in there in order for it to work.

Not sure if that makes sense. I hope so... I feel like I've forgotten something...

you also need to copy the .ani file of the corresponding character in RESOURCEanimationHeads, and in RESOURCEanimationHeadsAN. afaik you don't need to edit any references for the head model - it automatically looks for the file with the appropriate filename.

Back