• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Full taverns and related

The number of sailors is too low and the number of soldiers is too high IMO.
Is that even with my proposed modified numbers?

The later periods are set up so the colonies are military bases with a few civilians to support the soldiers.
Only Governor's Harbor, Kingstown, Santo Domingo, Fort-de-France and Havana during and after Colonial Powers.
This only affects the random town folks in the ports; the main towns remain unaffected.

The above change will be included in the next modpack update. Will need feedback from players to know if it seems better now.

Is that even with my proposed modified numbers?

Only Governor's Harbor, Kingstown, Santo Domingo, Fort-de-France and Havana during and after Colonial Powers.
This only affects the random town folks in the ports; the main towns remain unaffected.
Governor's Harbour doesn't have a separate port. There's one big area with dock, shipyard, tavern, store and residence. There are soldiers, marines and civilians - at least, there were when I tried playing "Master and Commander", which starts you off in Governor's Harbour. (I went and talked to a marine, triggered the identity check dialogue, and had to fight him and all other marines. Civilians ran away. Soldiers didn't care. That, and the different uniform, is how you tell the difference between a soldier and a marine. :))

The "marines" should be naval officers. The soldiers are always there, but naval officers only in the later periods for those ports I mentioned.

You do have a point about Governor's Harbor though. Since that town has ONLY the port, do you reckon we should remove the "navy" attribute for it?
Then it'll just be civilians there.

I didn't know what they're supposed to be called. It does make sense that they're naval officers because when I killed them, I took spyglasses off them. Marines are navy, though. ;)

Is Governor's Harbour supposed to be a military base? If so, it makes sense for it to have the "navy" attribute. If it has civilians as well as military personnel, I don't see any harm in leaving it as it is. Besides, after I've just started "Master and Commander" those naval officers are about the only opponents I can beat until I've mugged them and stolen a better sword than the average sabre with which I start the game, so leave them there. :napoleon

Now that these numbers have been reduced, what us the verdict?
Better now or still much? Or perhaps not enough now?

No comment on Governor's Harbour since I haven't been there during the current play through "Assassin". But taverns are definitely much better now, thanks! The few soldiers who show up there aren't a problem, and it no longer appears that half the town's garrison is getting drunk. :thumbs1

Ok good to hear.

Back