• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game Booster

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Has anyone heard of something called "Game Booster"? I'm giving it a trial run now and, while it has only been in use a couple of hours, it is giving a boost in fps to PotC for me. The true test will come in a 15 ship battle in bad weather, but so far it is working out well.

I have used the AMD game booster. Even with a non AMD system, it works great. I have one installed on two of my computers and am sold. It shuts down all unecessary comp services/functions to maximize processor power and memory for gameplay. You can use pre configured shut down profiles, or you can tailor build ones to shut down what services you want to go away when you go into gaming mode.

I run rather speedy RAM heavy systems from the get go, but every bit of extra umph cant hurt. I ran it on an older (2006) HP laptop that had some lag when playing CMV 3.2, and with the Gamebooster, all lag was gone (except in storms).

Also you can find freeware downloads for it as well.

Good stuff! :onya

MK

This is IOBit Game Booster, and it is free. I have had Enditall2 for years, but this seems to be shutting down more things.

Back