• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Game crash

i changed settings for ammunition and powder before the game started
and the healing menu is not working

the game works fine with bullet mode only

Last edited:
you need to drop 2 items in bullet mod if you want to play without bullet

and healing menu was started

Last edited:
Are you sure you're installing the game correctly? I didn't have that...

This archive does not need to be unpacked manually into the game folder. This should be done by the installer, it will unpack itself, you just need to specify the folder with the game. After that, you do not need to unpack this archive again.

You also have some strange water and sky, as if they have no textures.
Intel fix

same crash
maybe because of the quests not sure

Attachments

• error.log
    9.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Next time the game crashes, please also upload "compile.log" and "system.log", as well as "error.log".

Crash
images

Тип: Торговый Корабль.

error occurs on merchant ships when appointing an officer

Attachments

• error.log
    15.7 KB · Views: 48
  • compile.log
    95.1 KB · Views: 44
  • system.log
    26.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
There are a lot of messages in "error.log" but nothing I'd expect to cause a crash, not least because most of them are before you saved game. There's nothing odd in "compile.log". But "system.log" shows a lot of voice files missing, probably because you're using a different original game, a Russian version which doesn't have them. And that means I have to wonder what else is different in that version, and whether that's causing trouble. Because I routinely capture ships, playing as either a pirate or a privateer, and don't get crashes when I appoint an officer to a captured ship.

The only random bug I remember was that sometimes if I looted chests or corpses, the game could crash, but that was fixed years ago and hasn't been seen in any recent mod installer.

Hello guys! I have a similar problem. Game crashes when i capture enemy ship and appointing an officer to it. Not every time, but in 80% cases. I try few versions of the base game. Install mod properly with main guide and additional fixes in this thread and nothing helps. I use RU version of the base game. Interface settings - RU language\EN - keyboard. Please, help. I really like this mod, but i suffer from that i cannot capture ships. Attach error\compile\log files. Thanks!

additional info: extra setting i didn't change after start a new game. The only thing i've changed in process - EN-keyboard to RU-keyboard to change officer name when i accidentally remove symbol from his name and then change RU-keyboard back to EN-keyboad.

P.S. sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• compile.log
    398.2 KB · Views: 41
  • error.log
    1,004 bytes · Views: 42
  • system.log
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
The same applies here as to @Meshes. You're using a different base game which is certainly missing a lot of voice files and may be different in other ways.

Make a backup of your "ENGINE.exe" file. Then try putting this version in its place. It may be the same as the one you're currently using as it should be included in the mod, but try it anyway. If it makes no difference or if it causes even more crashes, put your original version back.

Attachments

• ENGINE.zip
    750.4 KB · Views: 35
The same applies here as to @Meshes. You're using a different base game which is certainly missing a lot of voice files and may be different in other ways.

Make a backup of your "ENGINE.exe" file. Then try putting this version in its place. It may be the same as the one you're currently using as it should be included in the mod, but try it anyway. If it makes no difference or if it causes even more crashes, put your original version back.
Nope, it didn't help:(

Tested by me right now - game crashed, but now it even didn't make the error.log file

Can i ask you to send me zip archive of the resource/sounds/VOICE/ENGLISH folder please? I'll try to add missing files, Maybe it'll help.

UPD:
While I waiting for your answer - i found US copy of the game on the internet. Install it and transfer ALL files in resource/sounds/VOICE/ENGLISH from US copy to RU without replacing existing files and you know - i captured 6 ships and game didn't crash. Now, while aboarding enemy ship - new ambient sounds play. I quit the game and check error/compile/system files. Looks like there are more errors. Attach files, please, look them if you can, maybe you have something to say about it, thanks!

Attachments

• error.log
    546 bytes · Views: 36
  • system.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 32
  • compile.log
    93.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Nope, keep crashing due capturing, but now less often, about 30%.
New crash - new error log, now bigger with more errors.

Attachments

• compile.log
    206.9 KB · Views: 38
  • error.log
    2.8 KB · Views: 34
  • system.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 37
Nope, keep crashing due capturing, but now less often, about 30%.
New crash - new error log, now bigger with more errors.
Grey Roger does not visit this site on weekends. Wait for him on Monday at about 12 o'clock Moscow time. Where do you download the Russian version from? The installation procedure for the Russian version is available on the Corsair Harbor website.

Grey Roger does not visit this site on weekends. Wait for him on Monday at about 12 o'clock Moscow time. Where do you download the Russian version from? The installation procedure for the Russian version is available on the Corsair Harbor website.
I used your guide in this thread. Also, i try another version of the game (not mist repack, clean RU ver + official patch 1.03) - same problem. Ofcourse, every time i delete game properly, restart system, even clean empty paths in registry - nothing helps. Now i play on the EN version of the game and it keeps crashing when appointing an officer to a captured ship but not every time, 50/50. The problem is that when game crashes - it can even not create an error file.

Last ship I tried capture was - Silehard's manowar.
If I appointing an officer(I tried different) to his ship - crash.
If I appointing an officer and change ships - crash.
The only possible way was - to capture Silehard's ship, grab it(change with my current) and not appoint an officer to other ship. So, I think, maybe the problem with NPC officers, OR maybe my save is just corrupted (but why then?).

In all my walkthrough game crashed ONLY while boarding ships (2-3 of times in process of boarding but mostly after i captured the ship and appoint an officer).

I used your guide in this thread. Also, i try another version of the game (not mist repack, clean RU ver + official patch 1.03) - same problem. Ofcourse, every time i delete game properly, restart system, even clean empty paths in registry - nothing helps. Now i play on the EN version of the game and it keeps crashing when appointing an officer to a captured ship but not every time, 50/50. The problem is that when game crashes - it can even not create an error file.
Very strange, I went through 4 plots on the repack from the mystic and did not experience such a problem. Maybe it somehow depends on the high level of the character? I am not at home now and there is no way to check it, I will appear only in August. Because it seems to have already been written to me that the game crashes on the boarding window of a high-level character.

Last edited:
Very strange, I went through 4 plots on the repack from the mystic and did not experience such a problem. Maybe it somehow depends on the high level of the character? I am not at home now and there is no way to check it, I will appear only in August. Because it seems to have already been written to me that the game crashes on the boarding window of a high-level character.
Well...I am not sure, because on low level i didn't capture the ships almost:D
But now my char is on 51 lvl and so do officers. If you want to try - i attached my save. Lang settings RU-RU/Chest locks 70/Survival chance - 130/Pick-pocketing 35/Compass - stock POTC/Brothel - ON/Weapon qualities - OFF/Trader Item - allow VERY good.
Everything else - default settings

Attachments

• -=Kotninja=- Косумель.7z
    823 KB · Views: 35
@KOTNinja: I tried your savegame and used some of your settings - Russian language, weapon qualities off. I already use survival chance 130 to prevent resurrection.

After sailing out of Cozumel, I went to worldmap, found a battle in progress between French and British ships, and joined in. There were two French frigates. I boarded one and assigned an officer, then hit the other one with grapeshot and it surrendered. Attached is a savegame where you're about to board the surrendered ship. I've been able to board and capture that as well.

See if you can capture it. Try various choices - demand ransom, allow the captain to surrender, kill all the crew. Try different officers. See if the game is more likely to crash with one of the choices in the captain's dialog, or when you assign a particular officer to command the ship. Also try looting the chests and then talking to the captain, or leaving the chests alone, and see if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• -=Kotninja=- Îòêðûòîå Ìîðå 27-å ßíâàðÿ 1753ã.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
@KOTNinja: I tried your savegame and used some of your settings - Russian language, weapon qualities off. I already use survival chance 130 to prevent resurrection.

After sailing out of Cozumel, I went to worldmap, found a battle in progress between French and British ships, and joined in. There were two French frigates. I boarded one and assigned an officer, then hit the other one with grapeshot and it surrendered. Attached is a savegame where you're about to board the surrendered ship. I've been able to board and capture that as well.

See if you can capture it. Try various choices - demand ransom, allow the captain to surrender, kill all the crew. Try different officers. See if the game is more likely to crash with one of the choices in the captain's dialog, or when you assign a particular officer to command the ship. Also try looting the chests and then talking to the captain, or leaving the chests alone, and see if that makes a difference.
Unfortunately, i can't even load the save, because the game says it's corrupted. But even if i could, i can tell that there is not 100% chance of a crash. It happens randomly. Sometimes i can board 3 ships in one battle with no problem, in other cases - game can crash with first captured ship, or with third etc. One more thing, there is often error.log with messages about 735 and 740 line of seadogs.c which somehow connected with process of saving i guess (even if i exit the game normally). And last thing - i looked in the error.log with your save, there is messages about lines 1060 and 1601 in interface.c Maybe the problem with names of the officers and russian alphabet in saves?

Attachments

• bdsv.png
    bdsv.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
  • compile.log
    2 KB · Views: 37
  • error.log
    424 bytes · Views: 34
  • system.log
    600 bytes · Views: 35
Try renaming the savegame file. I had to rename yours for exactly that reason.
Your filename: "-=Kotninja=- Косумель. Косумель shore 23-е Января 1753г"
Renamed to work on my game: "-=Kotninja=- Cozumel. Cozumel shore April 23rd 1753"
I don't know much Russian so I picked a random month name. The important thing is, my version of the game doesn't read Russian filenames so the whole name had to be translated into English - it doesn't matter if the month name is wrong, only that it's in English. While set to Russian language, my game on a non-Russian PC uses odd ASCII characters to represent Russian, which your Russian PC doesn't like in a filename.

Going in the opposite direction then:
My filename: "-=Kotninja=- Îòêðûòîå Ìîðå 27-å ßíâàðÿ 1753ã. 1"
Try renaming it to: "-=Kotninja=- открыть море 27-е Января 1753г"

The messages about "seadogs.c" are common, I get those a lot as well. They seem harmless - the game saves anyway and does not crash, the saves are not corrupt and can be read later.

There might be a problem with the officers, which is why I suggested you try using different officers and see if any of them are more likely to cause the crash. In any case, I was able to load your save (after renaming it), and the Russian names did not cause problems with assigning the officers to prize ships.
captured_ships.jpg

Back