• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Game crash

I'll be away for a couple of weeks. Try that version of "Ships.c" - if you put it in place and then press F11, ships will have names in western alphabet instead of Russian. I've tried it and can confirm that it works for that, and I've captured several ships without crashes since, but not enough to be sure that it's cured the problem. Your turn. :rpirate
Okay, I will try, thanks! But where is the file?:)
Or you mentioned that ships.c in your previous message?

UPD:
I tried Ships.c from couple messages above - nope, it didn't help. Game crashed on the first captured ship. (It was small Spanish flotilla, the ship was 2-class battleship)

Last edited:
Almost all my targets in recent attempts have also been Spanish, the reason being that I have a British Letter of Marque and I picked 1720 as the starting year for a FreePlay. It turns out that's when everyone is allied against Spain - Britain is even allied to France. I've taken a couple of pirate ships as well.

Check with your spyglass - are enemy ships showing their names, and if so, are those names in Russian or western alphabet?

Almost all my targets in recent attempts have also been Spanish, the reason being that I have a British Letter of Marque and I picked 1720 as the starting year for a FreePlay. It turns out that's when everyone is allied against Spain - Britain is even allied to France. I've taken a couple of pirate ships as well.

Check with your spyglass - are enemy ships showing their names, and if so, are those names in Russian or western alphabet?
Yeap, enemy ships have western alphabet in their names!

Odd. I had a crash when I tried to assign an officer to a captured ship on about the 6th attempt when I had Russian ship names. After disabling them so that all ships have Western names even when playing in Russian, I've captured at least 15 ships without a crash.

Back