• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Game doesn't start up after installing b14 2.5

Opeth11

Landlubber
Not sure if this has been solved yet, but I've just installed b14_beta2-5_light. The vanilla game worked perfectly before hand, but after installing the mod i get an error message every time saying "ENGINE has stopped working" before the game actually loads up. I've tried running it as an administrator and tried every compatibility option. I installed the game in the vanilla game directory.
Thanks for your time and help! :)

Here are the log reports incase you need them

Attachments

• compile.log
    67 bytes · Views: 68
  • error.log
    308 bytes · Views: 77
  • system.log
    509 bytes · Views: 85
Code:
Can't load texture resource\textures\FONTS\INTERFACE NORMAL FONT ENG.TGA.tx
Not Found Texture: fonts\interface normal font eng.tga
Isn't that a stock game file?

Are you sure you following the instructions?
CRUCIAL INSTALLATION TIPS:

1. You MUST install this on top of the unmodified stock game
Pirates of the Caribbean, released in 2003 by Akella.
The mod is NOT a standalone game!

2. You MUST install Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full first!!!
3. Allow the installer to run RunMe.bat upon completion
- DON'T install the game to Program Files,
otherwise Windows prevents it from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean

ahhhh, okay i didnt realise i still needed 2.1 installed, sorry for being stupid! :modding thanks again for your help.:onya

I really wished I could somehow make that requirement clearer. But I really don't know how.

I just came here from a motherboard forum. Manufacturer MSI recently came out with a new bios for Win8 only. It says so where you download it. So people are installing that bios even though they are using Win7 and it causes problems. So they get to buy a new motherboard.

Metinks not reading instructions is a guy thing. We are genetically made so that we can not read instructions.

Back