• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game play

AdamH1990

Powder Monkey
hello
ive been playing the game now with build 14 beta patch 5, im just wondering are Man o Wars still in this? they seem to be rare (i aint seen 1 yet). they seem to be more in build 13.
Also, repuation?. i was sailing around jamicia ship hunting i went to map got my updates ie how much food/rum you got left and it said your repuation as decreased by 12 ? i didnt do nothing to harm my repuation. can i change this?
Final question, sometimes the graphics bugger up on me, ie some sea views just look black patchs now n again, or some ships look blurry, do i need the EN thing for on board graphics cards?
Hope everyone is well!
Adam.
P.S far as this! Fine job on build 14 well done to everyone! :)

Final question, sometimes the graphics bugger up on me, ie some sea views just look black patchs now n again,
You mean something like strange textures flickering from masts? IF you do, as far as I know its one of mysterious bugs, but if you change your sails few times it should stop.

And you should post your pc parameters with graphic issue post.

Man-of-war is indeed much more rare than before. Also because there are lots of ships, and lots of them with much more encounter probability.
Or if you have encounters based on your level you need high rated ship first to encounter some of them (but default is off).
And you wont see them in shipyard, because by default shipyards are set to NOT sell high rated warships to privateer for the sake of realism
('can I have something like... I dunno... like that HMS Victory I saw in dock?' 'Sure. Should I wrap it for ya?')

Most working storylines (or maybe all?) involve high rated ships in later stages (or as decoration in the beggining - the ones attacking Oxbay in Hawk storyline are random I guess: I've seen old battleship as well as some more 'typical' man-of-war in this role). Be sure you wont regret you encountered them :blah:

My pc specs are
320GB hard drive, N vidia graphics 7050 series, AMD processor 2.4ghz, windows 7,

Yep thats the one! :). ah right il get used to in time :)!!
i do see a lot of battles with war ships but mainly gallons and battleships etc :) il keep searching :) Ever since ive seen the ManOWars in sea dogs ive been obessed with them in most games like Potc and sea dogs, its all classic,
many thanks for the reply!
Adam
P.S any info on the repuation thing?

If you've got a lot of money, your crew might be envious and you'd have to switch to "divide the plunder" mode.

Hello
i signed aritcles with my crew and still lost 12rep points, i had £60.000 +, i had a fab moral from crew, but i repaired the ship spendin all of my dolla. i had a mutiny :eek:. so il start again tonight with another go but this time i wont spend all of the cash :).
by the way. i have 3points in my repair skills section, does this mean the crew can repair the ship??. i plan on selecting light and heavy repairs on my special abiltys thing asap too! :)

Little tip if you just want to goof around with lineships ;)

After finishing Nataniel Hawk storyline you will have 100 gun 1st class ship (if you want), so you can switch to encounters by lvl and ship class - ten most warships encounters will include some typicall lineships.

Also, if you turn off shipyard realism (so every ship can be sold) you can go to some dutch ports (Curacao, Bonaire, Aruba - it was in two of them) and go to shipyard. When you have dialogue option that goes something like "BESIDE THE FORT???" new ships are generated to buy so you can try it until some huge vessel is generated.
(I often use it at start to start with gunboat :D every encountered sloop looks like deadly vessel then ;) )

Repairs use up resources ofcourse. Higher skill = faster repairs, but Im not sure if it has influence on how much resource they use up. Im carrying only sailcloth anyway.
Theese abilities can come in handy, since you can almost instantly repair your ship in the middle of battle. And the other is just for surviving ;)

I didnt lost reputation when I had to much money... maybe it was to short...
But maybe you lost reputation for other reasons, like not paying them or lack of food/rum?

Losing 12 points is a big hit. Did you kill a monk with your sword? Did you fire on friendly ships? :shrug When you are new to this game it is easy to lose your reputation. Being known as "Horror of the Seas" happens. :facepalm

I didnt kill anyone :). or fire on frendly ships, it just happens when your sailing somewhere, im tryint to stock up on food/rum in large amounts to see if thats the problem. im working for the govenor of jamiaca ship hunting at the moment, and sometimes i engage with english and french battles :) or whoever the english are fighting. i have captured a frigrate and only repaired what i need to for the moment and got some planks n sailcloth so the crew repair the ship. i got plenty of money and ive got it devide plunder at the moment, so see how it go's :)!

If you want to check how the "Divide the plunder" mod works - have a look at the New HorizonsTutorial & History pdf document in your game's documents folder ( arround page 240 ) - there is an explanation of the Mod there.

It is a bit technical - and I don't really understand it but it should explain why you experienced those losses.

:drunk

Back