• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Game Slow to Load

A.H

Privateer
i remember once i complained about loading screen taking long.. well in this case it is happening again since i formatted my system.. but not that slow.. however not as fast as it supposed to be. Can someone plz remind me which options i should play with to fix this?

Attachments

• thfgh.jpg
    thfgh.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 79
apart from this malfunction.. i remember once i complained about loading screen taking long.. well in this case it is happening again since i formatted my system.. but not that slow.. however not as fast as it supposed to be. Can someone plz remind me which options i should play with to fix this?
How long does it take on avarage? And are we talking about the new game loading screen or between locations. Again the first time loading a new location should take a bit longer then the second time.

For the reload times.. minimum 5 seconds between F6 reload, locations, etc.
Starting new game took about 10 seconds for me. On my last laptop format, I had same issue but much worse and someone here gave me advice and it worked.. but i can't remember what it was.. something to do with graphics maybe?

Attachments

• fght.jpg
    fght.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 101
Starting new game took about 10 seconds for me.
Is that all? That sounds SUPER FAST to me! Hardly something to worry about. o_O

let me clarify something
with reload you mean when you are loading a game right?
You don't mean if you go from one location to another location?

let me clarify something
with reload you mean when you are loading a game right?
You don't mean if you go from one location to another location?
See post #3 above; that seems to answer your question quite clearly. :confused:

going to call this "not a bug"

Starting new game took about 10 seconds for me.
Could you confirm those are indeed the approximate times that you're experiencing?
To compare, what times are you used to?

Usually I remember regular times was no more than 3 seconds... but these days sometimes upto 7 seconds.. i reckon it has something to do with my laptop..

Usually I remember regular times was no more than 3 seconds... but these days sometimes upto 7 seconds.. i reckon it has something to do with my laptop..
Sounds like you were lucky in the past then. :confused:

Perhaps.. old laptop was a piece of junk.. amazing how life works..

EDIT: crashing frequently occurs when battling a lot of ships.. or when saving game during world map mode and a fleet nearby... that fleet will always make my game crash if i engage it..
always happened to me so i figure it is a technical issue.. i never played this game with more than 2.50 Ghz speed..

must save up $5000 for a desktop computer.. 32gb ram, 6Ghz speed :type1

Last edited:
While shopping for my HP I saw a special design gaming laptop for about $5000.. so i figured a high quality desktop would cost that much.

You could spend that much on a desktop if you REALLY want to, but it is not necessary at all. If I was to copy my system right now it would probably cost $1500 tops including a monitor, printer, and headphones. The last store bought desktop I got was in 2007 and cost $2400 as it was state of the art intel/nvidia at that time.

Yea shopping is a big pain in the butt.. too many kinds to choose from; however next time i must ask for a recommendation rather than shop blindly.

Back