• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Gentelmen of Fortune mod

BlackPearl

Landlubber
Hello gamers.....i wanted to try out the gentelmen of fortune mod 2.0....i have never played the game(COAS) with mods...anyway i downloaded the full release2.0 gentelmen of fortune mod from a forum here where someone put links and explain in order to instal it...the file was a 7zip one so i opened it with 7 zip program and extract it on my file directory on my fresh instal of COAS....when i pres play he requires the dvd(crack i think)...why and where can i find the things i need to play the game?thnx

thnx that help start the game but i think i didn't extract the mod in the right way..my first time using 7zip so.......can you give me a tutorial on that maybe?:DD

They only special thing to do is install COAS and then install Tages and the nodvd patch.
Then follow the directions in the 1st post of the GOF2 thread. It has worked for me 3-4 times.

I just looked in my GOF2 stuff folder and it looks like I first clicked on the GOF2 Full Release.exe and let it install.

Then I unzipped the Patch into that GOF2 folder, and then just did ye olde drag n drop thing into the GOF2 install.

when i do that the self extracting archive apears and it wants directions to where you want to put him...when i click extract to any place in my computer it says that he can't open the file as archive(or something like that).i tried to put him directly into the 7zip program and he extract the very same exe....don't know how to do this:))lol

When you click on the .exe it will ask you where to install it. Point it to your COAS install and it will work perfectly.

normally when i double click it it should open a setup right?.....this little sucker of mine is opening an extract setup....no matter where a tell him to extract he gives me that error i told you about....maybe the file is broken i don't know......

This is what it looks like when you install it. I clicked on the exe the 7zip box opened up. I then clicked on the small box on the right with the dots on it and the browse for folder box opened up. I then scrolled down to the AOP2 folder and clicked OK. Then in the 7zip box I clicked EXTRACT. Tadaaaa!
GOF2 installer.jpg

don't get offended but i'm not stupid ......that is exacly what i did....BUT WHEN I PUSH THE EXTRACT BUTTON after i fixet the location the extraction setup appear and shows me an error....that he can open this file as an archive.....the setup stops there...

Anyhoo, I just created a new COAS install and installed GOF2 exactly as I described above and it worked.

Back