• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

I'm looking at the GameFront article on the GoF mod ( http://www.gamefront.com/age-of-pirates-ii-mod-gentlemen-of-fortune/ ), and I'm seeing some features in the list that I have not encountered.

Added three new armors (what does this mean?)

Wind speed given a toggle switch which, like all switches, can be turned on or off in _Mods_On_Off (Haven't seen this. Where do I use it?)

Added three new items: Mao Kun map, Chalices of Cartagena, Voodoo doll. (Haven't found these yet)

Added one new heavy sword, Sword of Triton. (I gave myself this by editing rpgutilite.c and started a new game, but I don't have it)

Replaced the 19th century flags with the original 17th century flags. (I never saw a union jack in any version of aop2. Also, I rather hate the new flags all around, except for the dutch flag, but that's because it hasn't changed. I did get a mod for new flags ( http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17905-rel-alternate-flags-for-all-nations-v10/ ), but it did not have the flags advertised in it)

[...]
That's unusual, as I have never had the demasting bug that I'm aware of, and I have actually fought and killed a wicked wench without incident.

And what kind of crashes do you are experiencing, then? Land crashes? World map crashes?

Cheers.
buho (A).

I'm looking at the GameFront article on the GoF mod ( http://www.gamefront.com/age-of-pirates-ii-mod-gentlemen-of-fortune/ ), and I'm seeing some features in the list that I have not encountered.

Added three new armors (what does this mean?)

Wind speed given a toggle switch which, like all switches, can be turned on or off in _Mods_On_Off (Haven't seen this. Where do I use it?)

Added three new items: Mao Kun map, Chalices of Cartagena, Voodoo doll. (Haven't found these yet)

Added one new heavy sword, Sword of Triton. (I gave myself this by editing rpgutilite.c and started a new game, but I don't have it)

Replaced the 19th century flags with the original 17th century flags. (I never saw a union jack in any version of aop2. Also, I rather hate the new flags all around, except for the dutch flag, but that's because it hasn't changed. I did get a mod for new flags ( http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17905-rel-alternate-flags-for-all-nations-v10/ ), but it did not have the flags advertised in it)

Armours, i haven't really plyed that far yet but i'm sure its for the ship hull upgrades at Bermuda.

You can go into options and turn mods on or off in there now, no need to do any file editing any more. I think the wind speed aka realistic weather is around the 5 or 6th one down the list, don't quote me on that though.

[...]
That's unusual, as I have never had the demasting bug that I'm aware of, and I have actually fought and killed a wicked wench without incident.

And what kind of crashes do you are experiencing, then? Land crashes? World map crashes?

Cheers.
buho (A).

Mostly at sea, though other than the location it seems pretty random. It does it in battles more than when I'm just sailing along, but there doesn't seem to be any hard criteria to initiate a crash. It just says, 'Well, he's been playing too long for my liking. I think I'll crash now.' Or even more annoyingly, 'Oh, he's done alot of stuff over the past ten minutes and hasn't saved! Crash time, baby!'

[...]

Cheers.
buho (A).

Mostly at sea, though other than the location it seems pretty random. It does it in battles more than when I'm just sailing along, but there doesn't seem to be any hard criteria to initiate a crash. It just says, 'Well, he's been playing too long for my liking. I think I'll crash now.' Or even more annoyingly, 'Oh, he's done alot of stuff over the past ten minutes and hasn't saved! Crash time, baby!'

Sea battle crashes are related to the two reasons I've explained above: dismasting and seriously bugged ships. If there are some others they are so subtle that I have no any clue about... and I'm playing and debugging the game for true. It is possible, but the likelihood is little.

Now, may be (and only may be) we have a system-related crash: a bug crashing the game in some systems and not in other systems. It is a fear I have, but we have not factual evidence and the subjective evidence we collected is very little and absolutelly inconclusive. At this moment my opinion is that we have NOT a system-related bug.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Well im about to start a new game... what diffrences will be in 1.2 that wont apply in the saved games....?

Most probably GOF 1.2 will not be savegame compatible with GOF 1.1.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Probably new characters, ships and whatever else we have in the back burner thats still in development. We don't put everything we're working on in a patch ;)

Can we get something in the dev console to change all recruitable officers (including npc captains) to a different alignment? Hero -> regular sailor -> bloody assassin -> hero, etc.? It would work well for some testing purposes, I think, and I also just find it annoying when I see a cool-looking officer and he's not aligned to me.

And is it possible to turn the way the game looks at flags to a seperate file for each one? Then we could mix and match all the flags to exactly what we want.

So I could have this pirate flag:
Razig_s%20Pirate%20Flag.jpg

Along with the regular flags for the rest, if I wanted.

EDIT: That would make a good sail, too. I might do that. If only I had the password for TX convertor.

Flags are hard coded into the game and will take a lot of man hours and a master coder to figure out. I believe the Build mod for PoTC has this feature but it took them months/years to get working the way works today.

Can we get something in the dev console to change all recruitable officers (including npc captains) to a different alignment? Hero -> regular sailor -> bloody assassin -> hero, etc.? It would work well for some testing purposes, I think, and I also just find it annoying when I see a cool-looking officer and he's not aligned to me.

I have something like that in mind: the wrong-aligned officers turning to your alignment slowly... but.. the neutral officers align with you at a slow pace, obviously the wrong-aligned ones need to align even more slowly. I'm not sure it will be of use. And it will reduce the likelihhod of an officer stealing you.

All in all, I feel the actual loyalty rules are right, I'm not sure I want them changed. The best solution is to have more officers variety. I think the models are there, I've seen a lot of NPC models that can be used as officers. Adding some gals can help too: the pirate NPCs have women as boarding defenders... why we can't have them too?

EDIT: That would make a good sail, too. I might do that. If only I had the password for TX convertor.

Try the "downlad" tab or http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/files/file/22-tx-convertor/

Cheers.
buho (A).

Hello again,
i d like to ask u one probably a stupid question...

i have never been playing GoF or CMP before (playing russian mods instead), but now i just want to try something different, so i ve installed GoF v1.1. and now (b4 starting a new game) im interested how did u managed to put so many new ships in game? And how can they be aquired? First of all how can i aquire the unique ships? Through completing new quests or other way (encounters, shipyard, etc.)? thanks

Back