• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Hello again,
i d like to ask u one probably a stupid question...

i have never been playing GoF or CMP before (playing russian mods instead), but now i just want to try something different, so i ve installed GoF v1.1. and now (b4 starting a new game) im interested how did u managed to put so many new ships in game? And how can they be aquired? First of all how can i aquire the unique ships? Through completing new quests or other way (encounters, shipyard, etc.)? thanks

The arabella frigate can be had by playing as peter blood. The sea wolf is a reward for completing one of the early stages of the pirate nation questline. The blue bird is the reward for the blue bird quest. The dog of war is (one of the many) reward(s) for the city of abandoned ships quest. Those are all the 'unique' ships I know about.

Now, if you want to start a new game already having any of these, you need to edit a file called rpgutilite.c. You can find more info about that in other topics in the mods section of this forum.

And what about Black Pearl, Poseidon, Bellona, Superbe, Surprise and other player-made ships? How can i get them ingame?

Hello Everyone,

I don't know if anyone already noticed but there is a bad bug when trying to fix cannons to my ship. The number of cannons compound -multiply and appear out of nowhere.

Hello Everyone,

I don't know if anyone already noticed but there is a bad bug when trying to fix cannons to my ship. The number of cannons compound -multiply and appear out of nowhere.

It's an ancient bug that's been around since vanilla. We can't fix it at the moment.

Hello Everyone,

Lolwut?

Um, I've never seen that. Can you give some more details? What ship are you using? What size cannons? Is the cannon caliber upgraded? Where did you get the cannons?

EDIT: Darn, missed it by || that much

@Sharksprize

It's a bug that can easily become an exploit. Trigger the bug, stock up on cannons, sell them and make cash. Trigger the bug again and repeat.

Guys, whats up? Another great modpack, cudos to everyones. But I have to ask sth. Where is the old "ini" buttom on the options menu? For example, I want to correct some waterlines, like in the HMS Sophie where the gundeck is awash, I fix the ships.ini file, but in vain without the buttom...

Also, earlier this year in 3.2, luke gave me a stock weather file, cause the sea was calm at all times.
1st how is the sea state in this mod? If it is similar with the 3.2, then is it possible luke to give me again the stock weather script?

Guys, whats up? Another great modpack, cudos to everyones. But I have to ask sth. Where is the old "ini" buttom on the options menu? For example, I want to correct some waterlines, like in the HMS Sophie where the gundeck is awash, I fix the ships.ini file, but in vain without the buttom...

Also, earlier this year in 3.2, luke gave me a stock weather file, cause the sea was calm at all times.
1st how is the sea state in this mod? If it is similar with the 3.2, then is it possible luke to give me again the stock weather script?

Hey bud, yes i remember that change i gave you. I think a lot of people ended up using it because the wind speed was a problem for them in CMV3.2.

The reinit button i think was removed from GOF 1.1 or placed under a different button (maybe the console command button or something which i think is F4, don't quote me on that though. Haven't used the command button since it was put in in CMV3.2).

The weather has been given a switch now, the wind speed can be switched between releastic and COAS default (this is called Realistic Weather).

Oh yea and one more thing:
Combined Mod is in there, right? What happened to the map button/screen?

Yes bud CMV3.2 is included in this mod GOF 1.1. GOF is a continuation of CMV just under a different name.

@Sharksprize

It's a bug that can easily become an exploit. Trigger the bug, stock up on cannons, sell them and make cash. Trigger the bug again and repeat.

Hi I'm new here and I have the same bug. Ship name is Heavy Batavia. Please fix it I realy like this mod:). And one small bug you can equip a weapon in shipyards then owner attack you and he is impossible to kill. Sorry for my English.

Thanks luke. After pressing the F4 though, the game has become a bit "chippy", the icons are flickering and it jumps frames...

Oh yea and one more thing:
Combined Mod is in there, right? What happened to the map button/screen?

Yes bud CMV3.2 is included in this mod GOF 1.1. GOF is a continuation of CMV just under a different name.

Well, yes mate, but CMV3.2 has that nifty mapscreen... and the "M" as a shortcut.
As far as i can tell, there's nothing like that in GoF.
Is it still in there and can be activated, or did someone completely remove that feature ...for what ever strange purpose...

@Spectre: Quickmap is bugged in GOF 1.1. There is a patch here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17646-gof-and-quick-map/

@ReiAyanami: F4 is the console launch button. What it does depends on the "console.c" file you have. Probably nothing.

Cheers.
buho (A).

@Spectre: Quickmap is bugged in GOF 1.1. There is a patch here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17646-gof-and-quick-map/
Cheers.
buho (A).
Thank you buho, that worked like a charm :)
Maby that thread should be nailed to the first posting, where everyone can find it. Figure, everyone's having that bug.

Maby that thread should be nailed to the first posting, where everyone can find it. Figure, everyone's having that bug.

What is worse, it doesn't appears searching for "quickmap" and you can't search for quick map as two words, you need to use "quick map".

Gonna change the title, so it is easy to find.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back