• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Muskets have some tricky code attached to them, they aren't as straight forward as the pistols, probably because the Dev's didn't intend on making them useable by players, only NPC's.

Ok... so it is possible to start the game with muskets as items and possibly equipped (I was naming the items incorrectly)...
But even so when you give a new musket to Douglas, he doesn't equip it and remains empty handed.
Also I noted that he doesn't start with 300 bullets as previous. In his inventory he only has a fist

Out of curiosity, when you use Douglas, are you getting via the quest or other means?

Tried first via quest
then tried other means
same effect, the musket would disappear from my inventory and wouldn't go to Douglas inventory

There is also something interesting if you equipped previously the musket and then check the inventory during sharing with another companion. The musket would be still present there even if you do not have it anymore in your inventory.

Something similar was also reported in the bug tracker
I was wandering if it has to do with the changes in the CharacterUtility.c.

I installed vanilla and checked both files, while searching for any references to "mushket 2x2". I was wandering if by any chance with the changes in the mod file the musket was not given to the officer to equip it, which I think it is attributed to the officer in the vanilla (Sorry if this is a mistake just had a quick glance at it).

In the vanilla version after some references to the mushket 2x2 it is written:

if (chref.model.animation == "mushketer")
{
if (groupName == BLADE_ITEM_TYPE && itemID != "unarmed") return;
if (chref.id == "OffMushketer")
{
if (groupName == GUN_ITEM_TYPE && itemID != "mushket2x2") return;
}
else
{
if (groupName == GUN_ITEM_TYPE && itemID != "mushket") return;
}
}
else
{
if (groupName == GUN_ITEM_TYPE && itemID == "mushket") return;
if (groupName == GUN_ITEM_TYPE && itemID == "mushket2x2") return;
}

chref.equip.(groupName) = itemID;

while in the mod version I couldn't really pick up this...

Any thoughts???

Tested vanilla worked fine, and since I've never played the vanilla version only from CMV 3 and onwards I was quite surprised by the looks of Douglas even (british soldier uniform who would know)

Looked at the Loc.ai/type/ officers.c

and they are similar files in GOF and vanilla apart from naming the character...

Wonder if this might be?

Hello:

I think I found a solution for this. I edited the file Program\loc_ai\types\LAi_officer.c (line 42) and deleted the exclamation sign (!) that preceeded the function isOfficer(chr):

original -> if (chr.model.animation == "mushketer" && !CheckAttribute(chr, "isMusketer.weapon") && chr.index != getmaincharacterindex() && !isOfficer(chr))
modified -> if (chr.model.animation == "mushketer" && !CheckAttribute(chr, "isMusketer.weapon") && chr.index != getmaincharacterindex() && isOfficer(chr))

I'm not really sure if this will give the double barreled musket ONLY to Humphrey Douglas, but at least he has it and I tested it with some soldiers. I will keep testing it to see if it works.

Greetings.

Now here is a start...
fabulous

many thanks

Now here is a start...
fabulous

many thanks

Wait, buho posted a link with the fix, use that in place. It really works, but only if you haven't recruited him.

Are you fluent on C? I'll be obligued if you play some with the musketeer code and reports back. It is scattered thru 3 or 4 source files, convoluted, unclear and undocumented.

We have use for every help/clue/opinion you may give.

Cheers.
buho (A).

I'm not really fluent in C, but in Java. By the way... the team of piratesahoy modders did all this work without having any insight of what the codes does? That is a GREAT job. I can play with the files, but I don't know which ones are :D, so if you tell me, then I'll do it.

I'm not really fluent in C, but in Java. By the way... the team of piratesahoy modders did all this work without having any insight of what the codes does? That is a GREAT job. I can play with the files, but I don't know which ones are :D, so if you tell me, then I'll do it.

From a COAS C-script point of view, being fluent in Java is the same as being fluent in C. COAS C-script is neither one nor the other and worse than both :d:.

COAS code is very convoluted and highly spagethized. Having no debugger and being limited to visual code analysis and spy-points, tracing a call chain may take hours or even days... so, yes: some parts of the code are still uncharted waters.

On the Douglas Humphrey issue, a wide-file search on "mushket2x2" will send you to:

Program\characters\QuestsUtilite.c (1 hits)
Program\DIALOGS\russian\Mayor\Jackman.c (5 hits)
Program\DIALOGS\russian\Quest\ForAll_dialog.c (3 hits)
Program\loc_ai\types\LAi_actor.c (1 hits)
Program\loc_ai\types\LAi_guardian.c (1 hits)
Program\loc_ai\types\LAi_officer.c (2 hits)
Program\loc_ai\types\LAi_patrol-MUS.c (1 hits)
Program\loc_ai\types\LAi_patrol-ORG.c (1 hits)
Program\loc_ai\types\LAi_patrol.c (1 hits)
Program\loc_ai\types\LAi_stay.c (1 hits)
Program\loc_ai\types\LAi_warrior.c (1 hits)

plus some other files which are not related.

Comparing the files with the vanilla ones shows a lot of changes, but knowing where the changes are is not enough. Understanging how the code flows probed to be not easy and I was pressed with some urgent GOF 1.2 issues, so I gave up (actually: moved it to my to_(very_unlikely)_do list :d:.

The code for the Humphrey quest is in the file I patched.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Hi! Nice mod!

I have a question: I installed gof 1.1 and I started a new game. I did the Bluebird quest and captured it, then I went to change the cannons at the shipyard, from 24 lbs, to 20 lbs. When I tried to remove them, I couldn't remove thhe 2 front ones, and the cannons I removed weren't visible at the small cannons window but WERE visible at the cargo hold list at the left. So I pressed the remove all buttom again and with only having placed 2 front cannons, other 20 appeared in the hold. So I had 40 cannons in my hold! (It didn't bother me as I sold them fo much money, but it still remains a bug.) The front cannons which couldn't be replaced are firing normaly.

Th second question: After I took Bluebird and went to an English port and made some changes, I went back at sailing. There I saw other 4 ships, among them, Soleil Royal and Wicked Wench. I targeted the Wicked Wench with the cannons and the targeting line came green (I know it comes green to friendly ship). So I was curious to find out if I could fire it. I fired it and then my reputation with England went to hostile. Anyway, I took Wicked Wench and so it's maximum speed only 15.99! Is it a bug? Isn't it suposed to be a lot hire?

First I have to say that it is a great mod. very well done

But I noticed the following error in the game. During the Peter Blood campaign you have to kill a man and collect the finger. I have killed this person allready many times but I can not loot the body. I do not get the loot icon near the person. So i can not complete this mission and I'm stuck with this character. Can sombeody fix this annoying problem. So I can loot the body of the man i killed and can progress my game.

I'm currently playing version 1.1

Hello! I seem to be unable to pay my men and ships while out at sea (haven't tried doing this by waiting it out on land). The bills have come up to 70k pieces of eight, nothing for my 3 million fortune, but when the window to pay up appears, the "pay" button is greyed out, the only option available is to not pay the crew and bills.

Is there a workaround for this?

Hello! I seem to be unable to pay my men and ships while out at sea (haven't tried doing this by waiting it out on land). The bills have come up to 70k pieces of eight, nothing for my 3 million fortune, but when the window to pay up appears, the "pay" button is greyed out, the only option available is to not pay the crew and bills.

Is there a workaround for this?

What GOF version are you using?

Where you have your money (pocket, moneylenders, chest)?

Have you moored ships?

Can you keep a save? I may need it to check the bug.

Cheers.
buho (A).

The money is kept on my person at ALL times. I'm using the latest version, 1.1.2. Currently at work but I promise I'll upload a save ASAP and post the link here. I also have about 5 ships stashed.

The money is kept on my person at ALL times. I'm using the latest version, 1.1.2. Currently at work but I promise I'll upload a save ASAP and post the link here. I also have about 5 ships stashed.

No save needed, it is not a bug.

Town and port services are paid only thru the moneylenders network. Deposit some money in your capital town moneylender so you can pay the monthly bill.

Cheers.
buho (A).

I've chosen the higher max speed of my ship from my ship abilities but the statistics of my ship didn't go up. The ability's description says "navigator skil". I'm a captain and it seems I can't be the navigator on my own ship. Is this a big or do ship abilities chosen by my character not change the ship's stats in it's description? My nav skill is 27 and I have a class 6 ship so I'm good enough. Any ideas?

The game uses the best skill/perk between you and you officers, so the perk is used if you have it.

The max speed of a ship is not affected by skills or any other condition, only by upgrades. The actual speed is affected. Can't say if it reflects in the actual speed ship chart figures, but it is used in the code.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Yo ho ho thanks for this mod :dance

i only have one problem i cant change the: gamma , contrast and brightness.
i have looked in several forums :mm but cant find anything :modding
what can i do to fix this thankful for answer :bow

You are right Auier and to be honest I'm not sure why that is, since at the vanilla game one could do so I'm interested to know why that is and how to revert that to be able to adjust brightness/gamma.

Hmm guess some settings were taken out.... I'll have a closer look at certain files, though don't really know which ones nor do I have the vanilla ones to compare. Maybe another modder can help us here.

On a furher note. Also the Vsync setting is always off I've seen eventhough previously (On vanilla AoP2) my drivers worked and Vsync was on. Or is it just me?

cheers
Joe

If you are using windowed mode you can't adjust the gamma setting (and may be the other video settings either). And remember that windowed mode have not window, it looks like full screen mode, check the engine.ini file.

Cheers.
buho (A).

If you are using windowed mode you can't adjust the gamma setting (and may be the other video settings either). And remember that windowed mode have not window, it looks like full screen mode, check the engine.ini file.

Cheers.
buho (A).

:onya that worked thanks :bow

I installed all the mods in direct order untill GOF 1.1.2. But there is a serious problem like ABSOLUTELY no damage is done by me or against me in naval battles.Do you have any idea what could be the reason for that?(I also tried by different damage mod settings, nothing changes)

I installed all the mods in direct order untill GOF 1.1.2. But there is a serious problem like ABSOLUTELY no damage is done by me or against me in naval battles.Do you have any idea what could be the reason for that?(I also tried by different damage mod settings, nothing changes)
I'm not sure if this will help, but set the Damage to COAS Type Damage in the Mod Options screen.

I'm not sure if this will help, but set the Damage to COAS Type Damage in the Mod Options screen.

actually I already tried that one

actually I already tried that one

Just a few questions

What kind of guns do you have mounted?
How many guns has your ship got mounted?
How far into the game are you ie characters rank and things?
Do you have any officers set roles like navigator etc?

Back