• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Buho, that's totally stupid! This is the only factor? I think it should work the other way: if your ship is small they think you're weak and won't join!

WTF is wrong with this forum? Everytime I try to post I get an error and have to post again. Stupid forum :/

Monolito i get this error from time to time so i alway's highlight everything in the message and copy it before hitting the submit button. That way i can simply paste it again should i get the error message. Also if you hit refresh sometimes that posts the message but can cause you to have 2 posts with identic messages. I like to just hit back and resubmit my post to avoid the double posting problem, this does only happen maybe once a week for me though.

Buho, that's totally stupid! This is the only factor? I think it should work the other way: if your ship is small they think you're weak and won't join!

It is not the only factor. There is an alignment check plus some randomness too.

I think the ship size check is coded with a "helping" scope: if you are little they are going to (may be) join you. If you have a good ship they refuse: you are powerful enough.

It is a good idea but a little edged, may be widening the ship relation will work better.

// From Program\DIALOGS\russian\PGG_dialog.c

//==================================================
// Companion
//==================================================
case "companion":

// [...]

//ðàçíèöà â îäèí êëàññ.. íåôèã õàëÿâèòü
if (GetCharacterShipClass(NPChar) < GetCharacterShipClass(PChar)-1)
{
// Refuse
}
//åñëè îòíîøåíèå íèæå 70, òî â 70% ñëó÷àåâ îòêàæåò...
if (PGG_ChangeRelation2MainCharacter(NPChar, 0) < 70 && rand(100) < 70)
{
// Refuse
}

Cheers.
buho (A).

NOTE: yes, the forum is kinda jerky lotsa times.

I copied the book fix to my scripts folder. It ended with a runtime error. start.exe was terminated in an unusual way. Ideas?

It's moments like these I'm for having Vista on my laptop. I restored the previous version of utils.c and the game runs normal. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? I'd like to have books in stores but it seems that the fix messes my game up :/

WTF is wrong with this forum? Everytime I try to post I get an error and have to post again. Stupid forum :/

We do have a section of the forum set aside for website problems, if you are having issues, please post your problems there. Please include a description of the problem, your OS, the browser you are using and the version number. You can find that section HERE!

I copied the book fix to my scripts folder. It ended with a runtime error. start.exe was terminated in an unusual way. Ideas?

It's moments like these I'm for having Vista on my laptop. I restored the previous version of utils.c and the game runs normal. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? I'd like to have books in stores but it seems that the fix messes my game up :/

That should not happen. If anyone else has the fix, could we verify this?

The fix is for GOF 1.2 and no one is playing GOF 1.2 because it is not public yet.

Probably (I'll say it again: probably) the code will work deleting the line

Code:
#include "scripts\seaspeak.c" //Philippe

Cheers.
buho (A).

U mind telling me which file I should delete the code line in? I'm using 1.1 and utils.c does not have the line of code you're talking about :(

The fix is for GOF 1.2 and no one is playing GOF 1.2 because it is not public yet.

Probably (I'll say it again: probably) the code will work deleting the line

Code:
#include "scripts\seaspeak.c" //Philippe

Cheers.
buho (A).

I used winmerge to verify that the 1.1.2 and 1.2.9 versions of utils.c are identical. The fix works for me in both versions. I don't have my computer to double check, but I don't think this is the problem.

I used winmerge to verify that the 1.1.2 and 1.2.9 versions of utils.c are identical. The fix works for me in both versions. I don't have my computer to double check, but I don't think this is the problem.

No, they are not. The line

Code:
"#include "scripts\seaspeak.c" //Philippe"
is neither in GOF 1.1 nor GOF 1.1.x (both have the same "utils.c" file).

And no one of them needs/uses the "seaspeak.c" file. You have it in your folder due to a mix between GOF 1.2 and GOF 1.1.2 files.

The original "utils.c" you used as a base for your fix have a header?

The GOF 1.1/1.1.x "utils.c" have not any header. From where the header of the fix file come from? It appears to be and edited 1.2 header. (That is was fooled me in my first check: it is like an 1.2 header but it says 1.1.2; 1.1.x and 1.2 headers are different).

- o -

For modding purposes GOF 1.1.2 and GOF 1.2 can't be switched without a clean reinstall of COAS.

For playing purposes you can revert back from GOF 1.1.x reinstalling GOF 1.1 and install GOF 1.2 on top, but it may (and will) produce modding errors (like this one).

Cheers.
buho (A).

NOTE: we are talking about the "Program\scripts\utils.c" file, "utils.c" for short.

EDITED TO CORRECT A BUNCH OF MISTAKES.

Good question. I'm not sure. How can I check it? I think I've installed a patch when I downloaded GOF 1.1.

1) The file you need to edit is Program\scripts\utils.c

2) COAS shows the GOF version in the menu screen lower right corner.
2.1) If it say "GOF 1.0" then it is GOF 1.0 or 1.1 (probably 1.1 because 1.0 crashes at start).
2.2) If it says GOF 1.1.1 install the 1.1.2 expansion ASAP.
2.3) If it says 1.1.2 you are ok.

Cheers.
buho (A).

EDITED. There was a mistake.

Hi there, new to the forums and GoF, just got a question I want to clear up:

From the mod db site, ive downloaded installed GoF 1.0, and 1.1. Is that me fully up to date with GoF? Or do I need to install anything else?

Reason Im asking is I've read about 1.1.x but I can't find anywhere to download it. Also, I miss ship surrendering, and searched and found it's being brought back in 1.2, is this out or still in the test phase

(Edit) On a side note, as this is for bugs as well, every time I loot a defeated captain's body I am trapped in the ship. Same goes for on deck. If i loot a dead enemies corpse I cant enter the cabin. Any reason for this?

Thanks.

Hi there, new to the forums and GoF, just got a question I want to clear up:

From the mod db site, ive downloaded installed GoF 1.0, and 1.1. Is that me fully up to date with GoF? Or do I need to install anything else?

Reason Im asking is I've read about 1.1.x but I can't find anywhere to download it. Also, I miss ship surrendering, and searched and found it's being brought back in 1.2, is this out or still in the test phase

(Edit) On a side note, as this is for bugs as well, every time I loot a defeated captain's body I am trapped in the ship. Same goes for on deck. If i loot a dead enemies corpse I cant enter the cabin. Any reason for this?

Thanks.

GOF 1.1.x: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/18065-gof-11x-download-links-and-documentation/

- o -

After looting the decks and corpses, left-click to go to the captain cabin.

After killing the captain and looting the corpse and cabin, left-click to go to the boarding looting screen.

Cheers.
buho (A).

hi
first of i want to say that i really like the mod
so thx for the great effort
i think im playing 1,1 so ill download 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 soon

the only thing that is starting to really get to me, after a few games to lvl 40ish, is the no surrender bug
i understand it is fixxed in 1,2
is there any idea when 1,2 will be released? since i dont want to start one more game with no surrender if possible
or if that is not going to happen soon, is there any way for me to mod the no surrender fix into my game myself?

No, they are not. The line

Code:
"#include "scripts\seaspeak.c" //Philippe"
is neither in GOF 1.1 nor GOF 1.1.x (both have the same "utils.c" file).

And no one of them needs/uses the "seaspeak.c" file. You have it in your folder due to a mix between GOF 1.2 and GOF 1.1.2 files.

The original "utils.c" you used as a base for your fix have a header?

The GOF 1.1/1.1.x "utils.c" have not any header. From where the header of the fix file come from? It appears to be and edited 1.2 header. (That is was fooled me in my first check: it is like an 1.2 header but it says 1.1.2; 1.1.x and 1.2 headers are different).

- o -

For modding purposes GOF 1.1.2 and GOF 1.2 can't be switched without a clean reinstall of COAS.

For playing purposes you can revert back from GOF 1.1.x reinstalling GOF 1.1 and install GOF 1.2 on top, but it may (and will) produce modding errors (like this one).

Cheers.
buho (A).

NOTE: we are talking about the "Program\scripts\utils.c" file, "utils.c" for short.

EDITED TO CORRECT A BUNCH OF MISTAKES.

I just now noticed this. I'll make a new version of the fix asap, but when I checked 1.1.2's utils.c against 1.2.9's, I'd swear the only difference was the header. I'll check it again nonetheless, as soon as I can.

Your assumption that I've mixed my files is incorrect, however. I have four distinct installations running, each of which was installed correctly over clean vanilla files and each of which is working. At no point did I try to revert the inexplicably incompatible mods, because I'm well aware of the implied existence of "strays" in that scenario. Please don't assume that I'm retarded just because I missed a line in winmerge. In return, I won't assume that you're retarded for the current state of the two completely different mods.

As to the surrender issue, it's not a bug. At some point in the past year the mod team disabled it. It shouldn't be hard to fix but I don't have the files available unfortunately.

Your assumption that I've mixed my files is incorrect, however. I have four distinct installations running, each of which was installed correctly over clean vanilla files and each of which is working. At no point did I try to revert the inexplicably incompatible mods, because I'm well aware of the implied existence of "strays" in that scenario. Please don't assume that I'm retarded just because I missed a line in winmerge. In return, I won't assume that you're retarded for the current state of the two completely different mods.

I'm explaining a possible mistake, not assuming nothing about you.

Can we keep it civil?

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back