• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Loving 1.2 so far! Noticing lots of great changes. A minor one that I'm especially grateful for: thanks for putting the "surrender on" option in! It's been working well for me so far. I imagine that will change as I get more powerful, but I can always turn it off so that's not a big deal.

FYI the voice files Mediafire link is still broken (or rather, the link works but the file itself has been pulled). Hope I'm not being annoying with this issue; I just really want to get my hands on that file! :)

What weapons can Jack Sparrow Equip, so far he's ignoring all the light, medium and few heavy blades I've given him and sticking with the dagger. Thanks for any help :)

I can't find his character file or where they are kept yet, else i'd have a peek there.

OK i have been playing 1.2 version where ships are set to surrender at rare which works quite well but I cannot figure out if I can loot surrendered ship

I noticed that the light cutter or cutter has double sails, other than than didnt run into any error, mod is stable as ever

In my GOF game Battleships cause crash every time I fight with them, it is almost impossible to play a English quest line :(

Ight, so this might seem a bit like I should know this but how do I install this "Over" a copy of the game?

I, too, have the crashing issue. Currently in a fight (English vs Dutch). The Dutch have a larger ship (haven't been close enough to see what it is yet) attacking the castle while I'm sinking it's two smaller support ships. However I keep crashing over and over. I do believe the larger ship is a high-tier vessel (tier 2 or 1, I suspect. Its a fair bit larger than my tier 6 boat xD).

Outside of the CTD issue, love the mod. Great work. Makes the game-world more realistic and interesting, as well as gives players far more to play around with (and therefor stay interested). You guys deserve a big pat on the back for all the work you've done and you should most certainly be proud of your mod (and your abilities).

Edit- It is something to do with the ships. The file at fault is "ship.dll". It causes the usual "Appcrash" which is the usual "oh crap, something broke, time to crash" situation for most programs (nothing too huge, just some sort of specs in the .dll file that are causing some sort of error). That being said, it is not just large ships that seem to cause this issue. I've had "Ship.dll" be the file at fault for fights between smaller ships too.

Yes, yes and yes! My James Barrows/Captain Raven is finally playable & released to public!
Good job guys, everyone - really.

I have been having the "Engine has Stopped Working" crash with the GOF 1.2 Full Version Mod. I love this game, and thank you for working on it so hard. The Mod is awesome even better than CMV, which I played to death. I just wantd to know was t something I was doing wrong because it keeps crashing on the sailing map. Any Suggestions?

I own the original DVD. Play with it in the drive at all times.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
Application Name:start.exe_Akella ENGINE
Application Version:1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp:4902fdf5
Fault Module Name:StackHash_2a33
Fault Module Version:0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:00000000
Exception Code:c0000005
Exception Offset:09f52a6c
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:1033
Additional Information 1:2a33
Additional Information 2:2a33d0c20c8f75297e011bc26af4559f
Additional Information 3:8180
Additional Information 4:8180e86e68c54e4d0b6c9a8eddf8d79b

Hi, Sorry for my bad english...rsrs I'm From Brazil.

Well, I wonder if someone could help me with a little bug I found, have not been able to exchange the national flag, when i try the game crash. I do not know if this has already been reported, I am not able to access list of bugs = \

I don't know if this mod shouldn't be named "Gentlemen of Crash", because game is crashing all the time for me. These crashes are totally random, but they seem to appear only on the sea. I have no idea what to do with them, and they almost make the game unplayable.
I had totally no problems with crashes on CM 3.1.5, so something must be broken directly in GoF. I use GoF 1.2 from the first page of this topic.

I don't know if this mod shouldn't be named "Gentlemen of Crash", because game is crashing all the time for me. These crashes are totally random, but they seem to appear only on the sea. I have no idea what to do with them, and they almost make the game unplayable.
I had totally no problems with crashes on CM 3.1.5, so something must be broken directly in GoF. I use GoF 1.2 from the first page of this topic.

Woah woah woah!!!

Hold on your sick tongue buddy ere I have to cut it off,
This mod version (1.2) is out now finally, but it is uncut yet and needs some fixes, this is a normal state of any mod out there not financed by some big boss company and even those have major buggs in it.
Speaking of that, you should be grateful that they released this mod to the public, but by having such boons as you who denounce the work of others who spent their free time on it you crush their spirit of developing and give them a reason to stop.
So instead of complaining and moaning, I suggest you to either make some constructive posts or GTFO...

Ontopic:
Temporary Fix:
Turn realistic ship encounter onto ON to avoid having frequent seabattle-crashes, they will still occur but less often.

All we can do is wait for a fix since most if not all are experiencing those crashes in midgame/lategame

Sorry to be annoying lol But I wonder if you have any method like this in the post above to fix this bug even temporarily the exchange of national flags.

Nah, and you all need to take everything seriously;) I see that 1.2 is beta. And if I knew what is the reason behind those crashes, then I would just say what is wrong. But unfortunately I have no slightest idea, because they are totally random. I said they appear mostly on the sea, but while ago it crashed when i entered port on foot.

At the sea I think, that my Flying Dutchman is the reason. Maybe it is just a coincidence, but crashes seem to appear more often after Flying Dutchman joined my fleet. I don't know if it is made by larger number of ships or just one of my ships is bugged. I am not a programist, so I can't look at the stuff and say "yeah, that's it". Unfortunately I have no crash reports, because it's not normal appcrash, but "Application stopped working" or whatever is this command named in english.

If someone know how to take crash report from this, then it would make things easier.

dont know if its a bug or what but the 1799 USS Enterprise has 2000 cargo capacity, considering that its a size of a schooner:rolleyes:Also the HMS Sophie if full capacity will almost get below water with her deck.

Sorryto beannoyinglolBut I wonderif you have anymethod like thisin the post aboveto fixthis bugeventemporarilythe exchange ofnationalflags.

Sry as far as i have played through there are no crashes while changing flag.
Maybe you have a corrupt version of the mod or messed with the files? Try reinstalling and report back.

dont know if its a bug or what but the 1799 USS Enterprise has 2000 cargo capacity, considering that its a size of a schooner:rolleyes:Also the HMS Sophie if full capacity will almost get below water with her deck.

About the cargo size, all i can say that some ships are not yet adjusted but if you tried the bermuda "need for speed tuning" you will see that there's no point in arguing wether the cargo hold ability is realistic or not.
Or how could you explain one man carrying 190lbs?

On the Sophie, if this is actually happening and it is not game breaking *crash-wise* then we have to skip this issue for the time being and i suggest you to post some pics of it so we can adore a ship being the first submarine in the 17th century ;)

Back