• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Hey everyone,

I have a little problem here, everytime I start a game, engine gives me the runtime error, same as was described before, with no additional info. No debug logs were created, even though I've set it to in engine.ini. Game without GoF 1.2 running fine. Installed exactly how instructions said. I have COAS version 1.3. Are you all running GoF 1.2 fine?

Thank you for the patch :).

I have a problem however. I started a game as Jack Sparrow with the Black Pearl, but in sailing view the sailors are not on the deck. They're flying midair. That's really annoying and immersion-breaking, i couldn't play :/.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Thank you for the patch :).

I have a problem however. I started a game as Jack Sparrow with the Black Pearl, but in sailing view the sailors are not on the deck. They're flying midair. That's really annoying and immersion-breaking, i couldn't play :/.

Am I the only one with this problem?

No, you're not the only one! I have this problem too!
Don't know how to fix it! :(

You just need to change the waterline in ships.init from 0.5 to -0,7.
Then you'll need to change the SAILORPOINTS file to the current's Pearl. You can do this by downloading the Beta 2.1 and take the Black Pearl's walkfile and change its format to sailorpoints one with the converter you can find on the ftp.

Sorry for the little detail but I'm very tired and the time is a lot later than midnight in my country...

I just want to straighten out a confusion of mine: Which one is the latest version, the Moddb one with GoF version 1.0 -> 1.1.2, or the one here in the opening post( 1.2)? Based on the dates, I think it's the moddb one, but I'm not sure.
And another question: Does the origonal game need to be patched before applying the mod? If yes, where can I find the patches for it?

I just want to straighten out a confusion of mine: Which one is the latest version, the Moddb one with GoF version 1.0 -> 1.1.2, or the one here in the opening post( 1.2)? Based on the dates, I think it's the moddb one, but I'm not sure.
And another question: Does the origonal game need to be patched before applying the mod? If yes, where can I find the patches for it?

The one on here is the latest version.

No, just install on top of it and you're good to go.

I think the most annoying bug that's really making me want to punch the computer is that every time I'm out at sea and I've sunk every other ship or I'm chasing one that's really out of the battle distance the screen goes black and you're teleported right next to an island and you loose the ship you were chasing! This doesn't even let you sail around in 3d and enjoy your ship!

So far, I haven't found any other bugs that are annoying or game crashing and I think this should be a must and a priority to fix as it was mentioned again.

This actually isn't a bug.... it's more of a trade-off. For a long time we tried to figure out how to implement direct sail mode. All through the CMV mods when you sail far distances to another island say, there are no towns/harbors there. There should be, but no. You would have to go to toy ship world mode first and then back for the town to appear. That's no longer the case, but there is a trade-off. You can sail directly where you want to go without going into Toy ship globe mode, BUT you will be teleported. Think of the game being divided into panels, when you get to the end of one, there is no seamless direct way to go to the next, so you teleport there, while the ship you were after is still sitting on the horizon of the panel where you just were. I know that bites hard when you're in that situation, and I've had them get away from me the same way, but we just know of no other way to get direct sail to work. We thought it was more advantageous to be able to sail long distances without going to Toy ship globe mode. Sorry about the black second or two of teleportation, but its quite simply a question of the "lesser of two weavils." :)

MK

Would someone be able to repost all GoF installer files as executables? Those 7-Zip files really aren't userfriendly.
If you don't want to make a "pretty" installer, 7-Zip can generate self-extracting archives that do not require 7-Zip to extract.
It's as easy as selecting the "Make SFX archive" (I think; this is translated from my Dutch version) checkbox when zipping the files.

Well then I think I'll start using it but does the time advance when you use that or are there any encounters you can meet in game?

I do not know if this is the right place to post this.. but..

I have just done a quick test, it would appear that this is a rather game breaking bug, whether local to my install or not. When sailing around on the map (not in real time mode) then my repair skill steadily goes up for no reason. I have no damage to the ship, no cloth or planks on board to repair and am not in combat at all. I can only assume that the navigation/repair skill have somehow become swapped. Whether this is a total swap (ie repair is actually navigation is no known) but the missing log book quest still levels up nav as it should.

To answer the obvious questions; this was a fresh install of the latest version of COAS and a fresh install of the whole GOF V1.2 downloaded from this forum directly. I downloaded the patch 1 and the problem still exists.

I have now reinstalled the vanilla game (v 1.3) and the same thing is happening!, I do not understand... can anyone explain? it makes no sense. When just sailing around on the "toy ship globe map" my repair skill goes up constantly (to be precise in 20-30% increments) but my navigation skill does not increase at all.. is it meant to be like this? all tips threads/guides I have read suggest otherwise and I can think of no reason why this would happen.. really want to play this game but this is a bit of a spoiler really..

I notice that with GOF many ship are too low in the sea. For example the Sophie has alway the low deck under water.
I change the water line for all the ship. Maybe you can try It and add to the next patch.

Attachments

• Ships_init.c
    410.5 KB · Views: 94
We have changed the waterlines more times than I care to remember. Some of the problem is visual perception because of the weight variances. When ships have heavy cargoes they settle lower in the water. When no cargo, they look too high. But they should look a little high out of the water with no cargo. The masts actually have a weight factor assigned to them and when they come off, your ship will rise a little. The weight issue combined with the space box is the main thing causing CTDs from dismasting. I have made significant changes to all of these numbers for the Eras mod.

MK

Ahoy mates,

I had a bug, that nobody has reported before, so if you haven't this don't consider this post:
In my game (also with vanilla Coas) my crews are grouping on the fore.
In attached my fix for this problem. I will really please if you couls this to the next patch.

Attachments

• AICameras.c
    5.5 KB · Views: 107
ahoy people,

there's a bug with ''the Wicked Wench'' where the sailors on the 3rd and 1st person cam keep floating on the ship's deck...
I tried to edit the water line level, but it's not working :( (the water line level of the ship was too low)

Is there a way to fix it ?

Hello everyone!
First of all, standard thing - big thanks to all the modders for their awesome work!

However.. the game is unplayable in the later stages when big ships start to appear, as people previously stated. So here's my question - is there any hope that someone will fix that ship.dll problem anytime soon? Yes, I read previous pages and I know that modding team has fall apart, but still.. the game is simpy incredible, and it would be such a shame not to be able to play it..

If not, I have another question - is that problem appearing on Combined Mod too? Or if there's another bug that prevents from enyoing the game? Is it very much different from Gentelmen of Fortune?

Big thanks to anyone who will bother himself to reply!
Cheers!

Those are good questions Lukovskey, we cant figure out what is making the higher ships bug like this so if you know anyone who can step up and help we would greatly appreciate it. I dont think it isin the CoAS CM Mod but I never played it that far or heard pf anything regarding that. I was to busy modding. I work on ship textures and small code tweaks so I'm baffled. You are right, this is an awesome mod and we need to fix it but right now there is just 2 or three of us still around and we few are really bust with real life.

Hopefully someone who has some time and coding expertise can step up and help with the problems we are facing, otherwise than that I dont see how we are going to figure it out.

Back