• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Hey Everyone.

Thanks for the mod and everything, it really fixes a lot of issues with the core game. But I seem to have another odd bug at the moment with this mod. And playing with out this mod makes the game all buggy, crashy and sometimes unplayably.

The problem I'm having is that everytime I try to play without reinstalling the game and mod and everything first the controls are set to some random keys on my keyboard and mouse. Well at first I was playing without the mod and was having issues searched for a solution and found this I installed it over my previous installation, no problem, started a new game and everything was well and fine. Until I shut down the game and restarted it and loaded my save. Then all my controls where randomized and stuff. Only after I reinstalled the game it was solved. I can than play once shut down the game and try starting it again, to again have randomized controls. I do use default controls. I cannot find a solution for this issue.

These are the things that I tried:
Reset Default Options.
Removing the Options file.
Starting a new game in a second start after installation.
Not using a NO CD crack, but the original disc. (only difference is that with the original disc it takes about 5 minutes before the game starts.)
Installing the TagesClient Driver thingy.
Reinstalling the game + mod. (Works as described above.)
Maybe somethings I don't remember to have tried.

The order of installation I used is:
CoAS (Default is 1.3)
GOF V1.0
GOF V1.1
GOF 1.1.2 Full Patch
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-fortune/downloads

I am now currently downloading "GOF 1.2 Full Release Version 1.0" that I found on this thread. I'm not sure if this is a newer version or the same as I already had.I have searched the forums and have not been able to find a solution. Allthough I have found a similair problem with the POTC mod which I don't have, unless it is included in GOF, which I don't think it is. (http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/3d-sailing-keybinds-changed.17821/) No solution though.

System Information:
AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.6Ghz
8GB Ram
Ati HD5830 1GB
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit RTM

Please help me solve this issue.

Those are good questions Lukovskey, we cant figure out what is making the higher ships bug like this so if you know anyone who can step up and help we would greatly appreciate it. I dont think it isin the CoAS CM Mod but I never played it that far or heard pf anything regarding that. I was to busy modding. I work on ship textures and small code tweaks so I'm baffled. You are right, this is an awesome mod and we need to fix it but right now there is just 2 or three of us still around and we few are really bust with real life.

Hopefully someone who has some time and coding expertise can step up and help with the problems we are facing, otherwise than that I dont see how we are going to figure it out.

I am currently a way in to a play through.. what exactly is this bug and does it mean that I cannot complete the game or own the bigger ships? better to know now cos I will be hugely annoyed if I put in 60 hours or more and then find I cannot go on.

I don't believe it is game killing but I haven't played that high. There has just been allot of CTD's with ships as far as I'm aware..

I am now currently downloading "GOF 1.2 Full Release Version 1.0" that I found on this thread.

Downloading and reinstalling CoAS and than applying "GOF 1.2 Full Release Version 1.0" Seemed to have solved my problem. I did also start a new game as this version says it requires.

I am currently a way in to a play through.. what exactly is this bug and does it mean that I cannot complete the game or own the bigger ships? better to know now cos I will be hugely annoyed if I put in 60 hours or more and then find I cannot go on.

Read previous pages, or to be more precisely, page 30, everything is written there. Long story short: when big ships (i.e Heavy Galleons, Frigates, all kind of ships with many cannons) start to appear on the battlefield the game starts to crash A LOT. It's almost impossible to have a huge battle, or any battle in the later stage of the game, so I think it is a 'game-killer'.

I'm playing GoF! 1.1.2 right now, had to start all over again, so I hope that bug doesn't appear in this version..

Hi there,

Just to let you know than I make a translate of the GoF 1.2 in French ... actually it's just in beta test but if some of you are French language friendly you can help me and test it. Ah, and just the text file are translated, I don't translate the texture files for the start menu ... it will come with the next release of the translate. And with the next release I make a second zip file with all the original file I translated for help other communities to know directly what file to translate cause it's hard to find them all !!!

hope you can host this two zip files here for help the localisation of this good mod ;)

GoF 1.2 - VF 0.9 (beta test version) => http://paf.im/gJ5MG

Hello Dark, you can upload it to our FTP, then make a post about it in the forums. I tried to d/l and upload it for you but I got some kind of weird file instead. "dl-view.php."

Hi OP,

The new beta version is uploaded on the FTP in my folder ... but I don't know how to link it here. can you explain me please ?

EDIT:

Forgot that !!! like a noob I don't read the entire thread of the FTP ^^

Hi I noticed I have been playing GoF 1.1.2 , yet there is a GoF 1.2

Can you please confirm that GoF 1.2 is the latest and last mod, and I should remove 1.1.2 reinstall CoaS and install 1.2 ??

@ Symban

I confirm this his GoF 1 version 2 and not GoF 1 version 1.2

so you can download it and install it on a fresh install of CoAS

DarkSlimus, thanks for reply. What I want to know is which is the last one as on moddb the GoF 1.1.2 was uploaded on Jan 2012, whereas GoF 1.2 here is uploaded on Jun 2011.

Rule of thumb says 1.2 is last (which is also mentioned in officerpuppy's post) but I don't want to uninstall/reinstall and start a new career just to learn that I downgraded game version :)

The one in this thread (see first post) is the latest and final version of GoF! be sure to d/l the patch as well.

Thanks alot much appreciated !

Maybe for people who find out about mod through Moddb.com (like me) it would be good to update them about this new and last version.
Cheers!

Ok people, excuse my bad English. My question is that the newer version 1.2 is now? And the older version 1.1.2?

I have the problem that gets in fights with large and with many ships, my game problems. It crashes. Is fixed in version 1.2?

Have a nice day.

Ibachi

haveing a problem playing GoF. my game works fine with
age of pirates 2 3.1.5 complete Mod

however with GoF teh old hatted insert DvD comes up again. i always hated starforce so i used a no-DvD long ago. Like i said it works just fine when playing 3.1.5 complete Mod just does not seem to want to work with GoF.

i tried to download on 1st post here however it seems to error our at about 31%. Started with clean install on CoAS v1.3 then installed teh Mod in this order GoF 1.0 then patched GoF 1.1 then GoF 1.1.2 full patch. not sure if i have done something incotect.

help please

@Lareth :

Sure you do something wrong, you installed the old version of GoF! ... Just read the first post of this thread and install THIS version on a fresh COAS. GoF! 1.2 is not GoF! 1.1.2

or perhaps you want to play the old version, in this case just do like if I say nothing ^^

thanks however i can't seem to download the newer version. it keeps getting an error.

if i did want to play teh older version was there something i did wrong that would make it not work for me?

Is there a way to take out the floating icons above the ships that show hull , crew and sails ?

Also, most of the ships have enermous and very ugly flags, those should be reduced or taken away completely, I guess it's piratesofcarribean stuff.

hey guys, so how bad is this big ship bug in the latest version? i have just installed that, and i just gotten PotC NH 2.2 and now i'm wondering which one is safer (on my nerves) to play atm? i am a veteran PotC player but haven't played much AoP2, still I love the mod so far however i'd like to avoid frustration. if i stick to sailing one ship am i safe(r)? is the bug as prominent as in the earlier GoF version?
thanks in advance for any replies!

Back