• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

haveing a problem playing GoF. my game works fine with
age of pirates 2 3.1.5 complete Mod

however with GoF teh old hatted insert DvD comes up again. i always hated starforce so i used a no-DvD long ago. Like i said it works just fine when playing 3.1.5 complete Mod just does not seem to want to work with GoF.

i tried to download on 1st post here however it seems to error our at about 31%. Started with clean install on CoAS v1.3 then installed teh Mod in this order GoF 1.0 then patched GoF 1.1 then GoF 1.1.2 full patch. not sure if i have done something incotect.

help please

ok solved the problem for older GoF! 1.1.2

however the link to download GoF 1.2 on first post seems to Have a problem I’ve downloaded it 5 times now each time same problem Download ends at 893mb and when I try to extract the Zip it says it's corrupted.

Is there anywhere else I can download GOF 1.2 Full Release from?

Hello to all.

Does anyone have a solution for the problem with the "engine" in GOF 1.2?

I'm getting later in the game now and then crashes.

Hi,i have problem with patch 1.2.
i'm live at Indonesia,at southeast asia.
why i can't use david marteen (having sailed with henry moran,david is no stranger to danger and fortune)?
the picture of david marteen is blank,and when i use him,the screen will blank.
Please help me and replies this.

GoF 1.2
Page 28, Asquinol says this:

I am currently running version 1.2.6 with the 7-22-11 patch that Craiggo sent me back in July/August. I took a break from the game as I was having a serious crashing issue and got frustrated. I tried the game again a few weeks ago and somehow the crashing issue resolved itself and I can make progress again. I was rank 14 when I stopped and am now at rank 35.

Now that I have progressed pretty far into the game I have a few observations.

The biggest one that I have is about Officer loyalty. The system is horrible. I have Officers that are all Men of Honor or above. I am a Hero. However, all of my non quest Officers are rebellious. This makes no sense at all.

I scoured the forums and it seems that Officer loyalty is tied to whether you sink ships, take ships as a prize, and/or let the enemy surrender. .

So, as I have pretty much always taken ships as a prize or sunk them after looting them of all their goods, my Officers hate me. No matter how many times I help damsels, find the stupid moneylenders gem he keeps dropping, retrieve stolen ships from the port for the Port Captain, I cannot raise their loyalty to me. I decided I would start to let the enemies surrender and see if my rep will go up with my Officers.

So far my rep (w/ Officers) has not noticably gone up and I am not very happy about the surrender option. When the enemy surrenders, he offers around 900-1500 gold, no matter the size of the ship surrendering. If I take it, I havent even made enough gold to pay for the ammo and powder used. If I refuse, and either sink/board them, I lose rep (w/ officers).

This is very frustrating as I am sailing around in a very nice Dutch Man-O-War now with around 1000 crew and I am constantly harrassed by these little gnats of a ship (sloops, brigs,frigates, etc) that follow me across the map. These little ships would not harrass a huge war vessel such as mine. Somehow these stupid Pirate Captains think it is a good idea to engage me. So, as soon as I get into the engagment, they decide to turn tail and run. What a waste of time. Sure, I can usually just click out of the encounter before they get in range, but that is annoying to have to do all the time, and I want to sink ships and get booty!. These little fast, gnats can't get away from me though. I have upgraded my speed and my point of sail. There is no escaping my fury.

I didn't mind that so much when I was actually making money off of taking them as prizes, selling their goods, spare cannons and the ships when I got to port. Now though... I get absolutely nothing out of the encounter by letting them go.

it is actually costing me money to do this, as I don't get enough to pay for ammo and powder, food and rum, let alone my crew and Officer salaries!

Just a waste of time. This situation seriously needs to be addressed by making the amount of money offered in a surrender at least worth the time it takes to NOT sink the ship and to NOT board it but to damage the sails and crew JUST enough to make them surrender. Either that, or change the rep system so you do NOT lose rep with your Officers for defending yourself.

I am having similar Issues.
I run a Nightmare.
She is sexy. Much better looking and from the feel of things also better behaving like the old one.
The description of the Nightmare says "notorious Pirate Vessel" --> maybe that plays a part?
am on level 17withe master Boarding and all the necessary qualities.
with a Full crew of 419 men and 38x20lbx cannons.

and i can for the life of me, not board a thing no more.
i get close... boarding distance or less.
The angle is well within Tolerances... even Paralel
The speed is matched... the enemy practically dismasted Brig, Pirate nation, dead in the water.

Boarding option does not come on.
Major, major Bummer.

Shoot the bastage, he offers money. not enough to justify the spent ammo.
accept the mmoney, he goes grey. leave him be, i lose. (leave a pirate alive? WTF?)

refuse the money, and keep shooting him, he raises the same flag as i, and surrenders. Cool! lets rob that mofo!
... but no boarding option.
Leave him be, lose money. Because of a Pirate.
Shoot him, Lose rep. FAST, in capital letters. (Bad rep for shooting a Pirate???!!)

I either want
-much more (20-100 times more) money, and bad rep for letting a Pirate escape
-let me take his money and still shoott him, for Bad rep
-let me take his money and still board him for bad rep.
-let me refuse his money and board that a-hole like i am sposed to do
-let me accept his surrender and board him, (...disarm him, capture him and sell his ship. Then Hang him in the next town)

Right now, i cannot board these suckers and they can surrender without consequences.
That aint cool at all.

The only wasy to make proper money is to trade... Boring.

I can't download GOF I tried it like 5 times already and always when it's finished downloading the file gives an error and it corrupted I also tried 3 times on moddb and there it just stops by 2 gb and says its corrupted.

I can't download GOF I tried it like 5 times already and always when it's finished downloading the file gives an error and it corrupted I also tried 3 times on moddb and there it just stops by 2 gb and says its corrupted.

I tried it today (see screenshots) on moddb and it works without problems. You see the time, date and size of the download. ;)

The Game crash every time on Bermudas (Pirat Settlement), in Tavern, in my room, on my ship, 10 times and more.

First time crash (no text)

I do not get paid for my boat

Every morning in the tavern room crash

It is not possible to leave the tavern without crash

One question: Is this a joke or a bug:

No. It just doesn't works for me. The download stops when It's actually finished already. at 2.6GB and where the time is desplayed on how long the download will take it just stops at 0 seconds and the download neer finishes.

I've tried it both here and on ModDB and it's the same. The download just brokes when is actualyl already finished. Probably a torrent would do better. But can't find any of those.

I don't think its ever been uploaded to any torrent sites. I haven't had any problems downloading from modDB or the FTP and i downloaded from both in the past. I will try them both again and make sure but others are reporting the downlioads working for them while a few say they are having problems. All i can think of is you must be downloading to much and the computer can't keep track or you have background programs running which are doing this or maybe your anti virus is blocking some files.

I tend to download things when i won't be using the computer at all, then while i'm not on the computer the download(s) are going through without problems. But we will have to look at getting torrents for the mods in future, i've never uploaded a torrent so i haven't looked into how to do this and most likely is a very simple thing like uploading a video to youtube is.

I've downlaoded it from ModDB and here in the past too. It worked. Still I can't remember if it was 1.2 or 1.0 I dwnlaoded but it wasn't flawless for me. Always when I donwloaded for the first time the download broke and then I tried again and it worked but now I downloaded around 10 times in the past days from both sites and it just doesn't work. I have no antiiiiii-virus programs open when I'm downloading relaible things and my firewall is off too. When I'm downloading I always leave computer just to download and I never download more stuff at the same time cause it goes slow for me. And I never have any programs except Chrome. Anyways, I noticed I always used Chrome will try to use Explorer now.

Yeah i use internet explorer because i don't like chrome, its worth a shot though because it could be issues with chrome (update or something). I downloaded GOF 1.2 from modDB about 3 day's ago using internet explorer 9 without issues (downloaded first time).

So its got to be something at Blix's end that is causing the issue's for him, i think that chrome is most likley the reason and is one of the reasons i would never use it.

Back