• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Yar! I have it now! Can't believe it the whole time I was wasting just because of this Chrome! :mad: I used Firefox.

@ BLiIx
ood to know bud, sometimes it can be the most stupidest of things that you wouldn't think it would be that so don't think of trying something else its its place. chrome is ok i guess for somethings but it would never be a browser i would choose because i know it has problems with some sites where as i have never had suck problems with internet explorer.

Well here is a patch for you guy's it doesn't fix the issue's with ship crashes or anything, it just fixes the weather so the sea isn't so calm, adds a few new ships (so does require a new game) fixes to the realistic loading times for cannons and makes boarding ships more fun since there will be more sailors to fight and adds more goods to the merchants on map file which should mean you will find goods that wasn't seen onboard ships before.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cpmg5a28i5v5l2w

If someone can add this link to the first page please, also please note that this is a beta patch.

I have now tried again a new game with the beta patch and after 45 minutes I have only crashes on the world map, and now is definitely the end for me with GoF.

With so many bugs and crashes the joy is gone.
I will now go back to CMV and test further here. GoF is unplayable for me, with all due respect.

Nevertheless, thanks for the opportunity to play this mod.

Hey i just extracted both the 1.2 GoF download and patch (in that order) directly to where i installed my AoP 2: COAS file WHICH during the fresh install of it i specified it to go directly to the desktop, C:Desktop/ageofpirates. YET i open the game file and click the Start application and the game seems to run with out the mod... the main screen menu just looks the same.. any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you:)

Are there any known compatibility issues with Windows XP? Copied the GoF 1.2 release and patch files but the game just crashes when I try to run it:
Code:
InitDevice::CreateDevice
The method call is invalid
For example, a method's parameter
I also get a Windows error report window and it looks like the problem is with dx8render.dll but I have the latest version of DirectX and the system is pretty up to date.

The menu screen is the old one, that shouldn't be the case. There was nothing changed in the menu screen at all, i will double check the files again but they should be fine because i tested them before uploading them.

Update:
Just checked and they are fully compatable with GOF 1.2, the install order is GOF 1.2, patch 1.0 and then Patch 1.3 Beta.

The menu screen is the old one, that shouldn't be the case. There was nothing changed in the menu screen at all, i will double check the files again but they should be fine because i tested them before uploading them.

Update:
Just checked and they are fully compatable with GOF 1.2, the install order is GOF 1.2, patch 1.0 and then Patch 1.3 Beta.
Installed them in the right order, still crashes with the Patch 1.3 Beta.

Strange, i will have to do a fresh install of install GOF 1.2, Patch 1.0 and Patch 1.3 beta and see, because i didn't have any problems at all with the game loading or playing the game. Where did you download GOF 1.2 and the patch 1.0 from? (i will check to make sure they are the same versions as i have. They should be but its best to make sure.

Downloaded the main patches from Mod DB and the beta patch from this forum, here are the MD5 hashes:
Code:
949991a58c46e724923f74636eff95fd  GOF_1.2_Full_Release_Version_1.0.7z
2af34b06f632800a4b6dec2448f878de  GoF_1.2_Full_Release_Patch_1.0.7z
81077c5601960f34fd3d13c7ebaf04b6  GOF 1.3 Patch Beta V1.7z

Ok thanks, i will download them the same order and see what the files are like and then install them and see what happens. But the version i have loads fine (tried it out about 5 minutes ago).

I installed GOF 1.2 from the same versions of GOF you posted abobe (which are the same versions i already had) and the game works first time without problems, so it deffinatly something you are doing wrong. Also i have noticed a few problems with texture.tga.tx files not been where they should be so the game is throwing errors for them, i am now fixing them so there will be another update to the beta patch at some point (i have to go through each and every ship). Although i am thinking of actually changing things so that the updated beta patch would use the ship cut backs i had done where 77 ships had been removed.

Update:
I have now implemented the ship cut backs into GOF 1.3 Beta patch, it took a while because so many files had ships that i had removed in them and all needed modifying. I am now ready to test these changes out later. If all goes to plan then GOF 1.2 could be more stable than it was which is what i am trying to achieve. I haven't given up on CMV3.2 i'm seeing how this is comparted to that version and if this proves to be more stable now then i will decide which version to continue working from, ideally i want to work from GOF 1.2 because of itben the more up to date version andbecause we are all use to that version now. But if its still as unstable then its ok because i have managed to implement alot from GOF 12 into CMV3.2 already.

I installed GOF 1.2 from the same versions of GOF you posted abobe (which are the same versions i already had) and the game works first time without problems, so it deffinatly something you are doing wrong. Also i have noticed a few problems with texture.tga.tx files not been where they should be so the game is throwing errors for them, i am now fixing them so there will be another update to the beta patch at some point (i have to go through each and every ship). Although i am thinking of actually changing things so that the updated beta patch would use the ship cut backs i had done where 77 ships had been removed.
Can't imagine how I could have done it wrong. For what it's worth, I'm running Age Of Pirates 2 v1.3.0. I just extracted the 7z archives and then copied the contents, in the order shown, into "C:\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2" and at one point I even booted into Linux to copy the files, since I wasn't sure if Windows XP handled file conflicts correctly.

Thats the version that was released in the western world, XP should be able to deal with file conflicts (i never had any problems with it back in the day). But i also do not install the mod to the game directory like you, i make a copy of the age of pirates 2 directory and create a folder on the desktop called COAS and past the game into there and then install the mod over that copy so i alway's have the original files should i need them and i don't have to keep reinstalling COAS everytime a new mod was released which required a fresh install. I've never over wrote the files in the original directory, and for whats its worth i never will.

Has anyone had lag like effects after a naval battle, i was in a battle just. I'm playing as the English (my ship a Schooner, Pirates ships 1 Brigantine and 1 Barkentine) the game was running fine till i boarded the Brigentine, then the game seemed to have lag. Every few seconds the game would freeze for a second or two, Luckily because i'm testing i have the dev cheats active so i selected to go teleport to a tavern and the lag was no more. So its something thats happening when boarding certain ships, because i have boarded a few ships and never had lag after.

I have looked in the log files which i did straight after the lag started and there is nothing indicating a problem with the Brigentine. But there was a error with it trying to load a tga.tx file which needed to be included in another folder aswell as where it was already located and i have found a few of these tga.tx errors because they are missing from the folder they should be in. So i have added them as and when i come across them.

The question is, does the problem start after letting the ship sink or does n't it matter if you keep the ship or sink it. the only way to find out will be for me to load the boarding fight up again but this time assign a officer onboard her and see what happens. I will let you know as soon as i have done the test.

Update 1:
The Brigentine does have a problem with her then because if you keep her then the game runs fine. If you let her sink the game starts to lag, even if you capture her and then sink her after assigning a offer to her. So its nothing to do with the battle but with the ship. So i will try the stock model for her and see what happens then. But i think this is going to be texture related and not model related, i hope i'm proved wrong though because i like the Brigentine textures.

Update 2:
Replacing the Brigentine model and textures does nothing, the game still lags if you sink her, however to test it out further i did purchase a Brigentine and assign a officer to her and then sunk her whilest still in the harbour and the game didn't lag once. So i loaded up the boarding save and after the battle the captain surrendered so i let him happily sail off while i took on the Barkentine. Again the lag started after i sunk the Barkentine, so its something else thats causing the issue with lag and no error shows why this is. I will have to see how this is in the stock game now and make sure its not a hardware/driver problem for me, and if it isn't then its something in GOF 1.2 and i have no idea what that could be.

i cant seem to get the GOF mods to work on my computer i replaced everything but when i get into the game it has the Combined mod V.3.2 which i installed the first time now i'd like to change that around and put in the GOF Mods but they don't seam to go through

uninstall COAS, go to where you had COAS installed and make sure there are no files or folders left over for age of pirates 2. Install COAS, then if you haven't already (download GOF 1.2 and GOF patch 1.0, now install GOF 1.2 followed by the patch. Now start your game, if it still doesn't work then its something you are doing wrong.

The easiest thing to do is uninstall COAS delete all files and folders left over if any, install COAS and then create a new folder outside of the programs folder and call it anything you like, go to the Age Of Pirates 2 directory and copy all files and folder and paste them into the folder you just created. Install GOF 1.2, then the patch into this version leaving your main directory as the vanilla game so you can alway's take fresh copies of the files and folders for mods should you need to without having to reinstall the game.

i'm still on the COMBINED MOD V3.2 and i'd like to imput the USS Constitution and HMS Victory where can i find those single Mods

Back