• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

I just checked and it seems that the folder is no longer on the FTP, so your best bet will be to download the latest build mod for POTC and get the Victory from there.

Try actually looking for something using search instead of jumping around topics asking random questions.

Hey guys remember me? well ive been playing the game with both 1.2 gof and its respective patch put in the C//:desktop/ageofpirates2 directory file (which is the where the Modules, Programs, and Resources files, along with the Start Application I click on to run the game, correct?) but so far i still don't think the mod is installed.. i still only could choose from 4 characters when i started (chose peter blood), and all my officers are near ZERO loyalty. they all have a positive reputation, and so do I (Hero) and just last night at level 14 i assigned a officer to a ship and the next morning, he left. He just freaking left. I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. sooo much cargo on that ship.. but i digress.

so could a kind fello please help me trouble shoot and make sure this mod is installed if you will? and im trying not to lose my current character, granted i saw the warning strongly advising to "CREATE A NEW CHARACTER AFTER STARTING MOD FOR FIRST TIME", id like to still try and see if its playable when/if i can get this mod installed.

thanks guys

No the mod isn't installed correctly, i suspect that you have installed the mod into a sub folder or something which is why nothing got replaced and your game still runs fine. To be on the safe side (backup your savegame, although sadly it won't be compatable with GOF 1.2 at all but should still allow you to play al be it a messed up game and perhaps even more unstable).

1. Uninstall COAs and delete all files and folders left over if any.
2. Install COAS.
3. Click on GOF 1.2.exe and navigate the installer to where you installed the game (for me this would be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2" because of windows 7, xp will be different).
4. After GOF 1.2 has installed, install the patch to the same folder.
5. Transfer your savegame files game in .
6. Start the game and load your game (will be very messed up though and most likely very unstable).

As the advice say's start a fresh game, and i think after you have tried you will do so and understand why it was put there. Hope this helps you out.

ok i did all that, uninstalled the ENTIRE old game and put on a fresh install (i decided not to keep the old profile :(
i already had downloaded gof 1.2 and the patch and extracted it to where i thought was its proper place as you already know, so i cut and pasted the already-extracted mod into the new, fresh game location in C:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2 , where i put the new install.

It didnt work. the game started up fine.. but i still have only the 4 original characters..

im going to try again, this time cutting the 2 GoF files out of the game location, and replacing them with new fresh files that i will download from the link given on this threads first page and extract them to the game location.

Try this, install COAS(again) create a folder on the desktop and call it what ever (for this example we will call the folder "games"). Once COAS has finished installing go to where its installed and take a copy everything inside of the "Age Of Pirates2" folder and paste this into "games". Now extract the GOF1.2 rare file and copy all of its contents (programes, resources etc) and go to your folder "games" now paste this into that folder and when it asks if you wish to overwrite say yes to it all, if it doesn't ask this then you have done it wrong. If done currectly start your game after doing the same to the GOF 1.2 patch and you will see the menu screen will be different as will the movie intro at the start and the skull will be a chain shot not a skull. At the main menue (bottom right) it will say GOF 1.2 or what ever the patch was called dev) you now have GOF installed.

What do you mean by can't open out put file?

I have never heard of anyone reporting that before and is something that is a problem on your end and not with the mod or the game. Maybe you need to look into the permission settings.

I know that if you use Skype for example and upload something through Skype then you can't delete that file/folder on till you exit Skype. I'm not saying you have done something like this, but it could be something similar.

Im in the process of copying the AoP game files to my "games" folder.. should be done in 45 min ( i dont know why its taking that long and copying at 3mb per sec, i have a pretty powerful computer and the information to be copied is already on my computer and not downloading off the internet..)

just to clarify and make sure i dont have to do this again, i need to extract the GoF files with the rar software and put it into my "games" folder, correct? and this is gone about by highlighting the "GOF 1.2 Full Release Version 1.0" fine in WinRAR and setting the extraction destination to be my "games" folder, correct? or should i instead go directly into the GOF file stated above and highlight everything inside it and then extract that--will doing it either way matter?

3x38in WinRAR there is a file listed above the GOF file with its name being literately "..." three dots. when clicked on it lists a bunch of stuff on my computer, and i take it its not involved in the extraction process?

also, should i extract it to the "games" folder and it DOESNT ask me to overwrite, and i have screwed up, anything you suggest i look at to trouble shoot as to why its not overwriteing anything? i take it the overwriteing is the mod kicking aside the regular CoAS software?

Ok we will start over.
1. Create a folder (for this example we will use the folder named "Games").
2. After a fresh copy of COAS has finished installing go to the game directory and open up the folder "Age Of Pirates 2" (you should see folders "programs, resources, ingine.ini" etc, copy all of this and paste it into your "Games" folder.
3. Whilethat is doing that extract GOF 1.2 to the desktop (its already in its own folder and must be done this way)
4. Once GOF 1.2 has finished extracting open the folder "GOF 1.2 Full Release Version 1.0" or what ever its called and copy all the files and folders "programs, resources" etc.
5. Open "Games" folder and paste these into it, you should be asked at some point if you wish to over write the folders and then files a little later on. Select yes to all.
6 Do the same to the patch.
7. Start your game, if the intro starts with a small naval battle movie then everything has installed. You will notice at once from the menu if its worked anyway because its totally different than the stock game.

No its not over writing the files because its removing or pushing COAS stock features, its because its the same file name as another file so it asks what to do. But the ones in GOF 1.2 have obviously been edited in some way or other so they are all needed otherwise the mod won't run that well. All the stock files are replaced and no backup of them is made, thats why i strogly recommend when installing mods to use a different folder other than the main directory. It saves so much more time if things go wrong, having to uninstal and reinstall the main game every single time. Its so much more easier to simply delete the files and folders out of "Games" and copy the vanilla files from the main directory so you can install a mod.

Also don't install any other mod because it most likely will niot be compatable with GOF 1.2 in any kind of way and will cause issues.

It worked Luke! Thank you kindly for your help, and for tediously going through it step by step for me, it is much appreciated! One last question, when i start the game it is no longer going to full screen and just takes up the middle of my monitor, is there a way to make the game full screen again? i dont see an option for screen resolution in the game options

Back