• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

I picked up galeon_l1 and found it to be flickering badly. Upon looking into it it was found to have 2 hulls! Is there a reason for this? What is the reason for drawing the ship twice?

more then one hull.gm in the hull folder maybe? i donno man. someone needs to figure out what system the game uses to pull these files. then do a revision of all models. just feel like there are extra files not in the right place that the game doesn't even use

Each ships should only have 1 hull gm file, Craiggo was the one who worked on the ships so maybe he'll be able to explain why its like that. I just checked and GOF 1.2 (which is where the ship model is from also has the same problem). This ship can be replaced with either one from CMV3.2 or COAS Vanilla if needs be?

I believe I am playing version 2.0.5 and the companion ships I try to sell are looted from the endless sea of honest, hardworking merchants ;)

Ah so you are just selling the ships and not replacing ships with better ships as you improve your fleet. Are you removing the cannons and selling them seperatly?

I tried to have one part of a stays'l on one mast and another on another, but that did not work for me. :shrug
Yeah, all the stays'l locators have to be on one mast, not two. I think it has to do with the rope locators attached to the stays'l being in the same group (i.e. sailt or sailf).

EDIT: The masts and yards use deck_constitution.tga. This means that this is the texture that needs to be changed to get different colored masts and yards. The texture dcRN.tga does nothing.
Ah, try using deck_BattleFrigat.tga, then. If it doesn't change for the individual hulls, then you might as well use it instead of deck_Constitution anyway, as it uses a plain wood texture for the masts.

The ship does not have 2 hull GMs. It has a normal one and another partial hull named "part1". It looks to me like Craiggo was trying to separate the hull and the masts to get a lower camera view. He got the hull to work but most likely the deck and masts got corrupted by TOOL. This has happened to me as well. It takes someone who knows Maya well to do this properly.
I removed the line calling for "part1" in the main GM and the ship works fine without the flickering. The caravel_l1 also has this feature. This is most likely a left over that never got deleted.

Armada: I will look into that texture soon.

So the Caravel and Light Galeon both need the part1 from the GM files deleting in order to fix them?

Wait the Caravel_l1 isn't in GOF2, did you instaal GOF2 on a fresh install of COAS?

Oops. My bad. :oops: It is Caravel1. I am working on them and just need to compile them and then post a link to them somewhere. I removed the unneeded GMs and also removed the lines calling for them inside the main GM. I still need to look at them in game too. :sail
Where would be the best place for these older models? I have been posting in the modeling forum, but would it be better to post links here somewhere?
Oh, the PDN is repaired and in the modeling forum.

There does seem to be some sound related issues. For me it sometimes CTD's after a re-init.

Cool, thanks Hylie:onya

What was wrong with the PDN?

Craiggo seems to be ok, just very busy at the moment. When he gets time i'm sure he'll drop in and say hello.:yes

In POTC there will be 3 versions of the PDN. American, British, and French. The American version will have a white stripe along the hull and white masts. The British will have a yellow stripe and the French will have a red stripe, and they both will have wood colored masts.
What you ended up with here was the British version with American masts for hull1 and Armada complained about it, so I gave each version the correct masts. It is posted in the storm modeling forum. I like the French version best and named it hull1. :aar
Also, there were some bad ropes which got tossed overboard. :walkplank

Awesome, well i have updated the patch to now include the Galleon_l1, Caravel1 and PDN1, all with your waterline enteries. I also noticed i had uploaded the wrong version of the patch, the version i uploaded had the Sloop2 in it when the version i should have uploaded has the Lyon in it, so i will upload the updated patch later tonight. But ofcouse it does require a new game.:facepalm

Update:
First page updated to include new patch (2.0.7).

New game? :cheers I have a page full of unfinished quests that will be deleted. :pirate07:

Onward through the fog! :rumgone

how bout an update to the ship list? i believe Hylie tested all of the class 7

My bad i thourght i had already updated it, anyway its done now and also includes ships yet to be tested and those that are included in the patch that are yet to be tested.:onya

many many ships! so little time.. :(

some of those names are a bit strange. i noticed in the shipyard the names next to the thumbnail are so big sometimes that they overlap the class tag. someone should work on that maybe add sometin more readable like.. 24 gun privateer schooner = Dingy :D

Dinghy? No it's not a dinghy but I would not want to get caught in a storm in something like that. :8q

It seems that you installed V1 of the Lyon Hoy. It has a bad bow wave and a BEEP BEEP! So I dug out V1.0.3. It looks the same but works a bit better.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/ffStzWPsRy/COAS stuff/COAS repaired ships/Lyon Hoy.7z

What am I doing wrong with the dismasting testing? In 3 attempts with the Hoy it was sunk without being dismasted every time. I sail out of port then turn around and sail in flying the pirate flag and let the fort do its thing.
This brings up another thing. The Hoy seems awful slow. Even with an 11-12 knot tail wind it could not go 3 knots with full holds. :whipa

What am I doing wrong with the dismasting testing? In 3 attempts with the Hoy it was sunk without being dismasted every time. I sail out of port then turn around and sail in flying the pirate flag and let the fort do its thing.
This brings up another thing. The Hoy seems awful slow. Even with an 11-12 knot tail wind it could not go 3 knots with full holds.

fort may not be the best for demasting as it doesn't use chain shot. cannonballs do a lot of hull damage.
as for the speed.. u have enough crew? are the experienced enough?
i noticed if the crew are sea dogs my ship will go over the max theoretical speed XD

What I am doing for dismasting is I started a new game as that carpenter fellow and then gave him $5,000,000 D and all of the ships in the shipyard. That gives 9 barflies for crew, which should be enough for a class 7 ship.
You may be right about not using the fort as I just got in a battle with a class 5 Shnyava and ran to a fort for help in my regular game. New game and the Bounty for a ship. That ship was sunk without losing a mast, but its sails were so shot up I could sail circles around it.

Back