• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Maybe I'm just used to the noisy POTC crews with shouted orders for everything.

Is it possible to turn off the overlay to take pretty screenies?

Is it possible to unlock the frame rate? I want to see how high it will go.

Maybe I'm just used to the noisy POTC crews with shouted orders for everything.

Is it possible to turn off the overlay to take pretty screenies?

Is it possible to unlock the frame rate? I want to see how high it will go.

Yes that could be it then, I don't believe GOF 1.2 ever had shouting, some tapping sounds, bell ringing and that's about it.

To turn off the interface, allow the debug window by turning on beta testing or cheat window as its more likely called. F16 or 18 is the one to turn off the interface so you get a full screen without any ship or character icons etc.

Go into engine.ini and search for the following line and change it from 0 to 1. Not sure if it will show the FPS, but it might (if you have no luck, try MSI Afterburner). Also in engine.ini a little further up, you will see that the FPS is capped to 120, you might be able to increase this in less its also hard coded.

Code:
show_fps = 0

Now how does one go about adjusting the brightness of the game? It is too dark to suit me as I can hardly tell day from night, but the gamma, brightness, and contrast sliders do not work.
As per your similar comments on PotC, I found that changing this ONLY works on Full Screen mode, but NOT on Windowed.
I suspect the same applies to CoAS.

1ooo curses! :facepalm COAS will only run in windowed mode. When I tried it in fullscreen it instacrashed every time. And this time I ran POTC in windowed mode just to see what fps it runs at. 95fps +/-. I already found that fps=120 line and changed it to 240, but the fps stays locked at 64 fps. Just by watching fan speeds and temperatures I suspect that POTC stresses the hardware more than COAS does and I want to quantify it.

I found my first victim and have fixed the spanker on the brigantine1. I'm still debating with meself about raising the yards on the mainsails too. Whatchathink?
The first three are before and the last two are after.

brigantine-1.jpg brigantine-2.jpg brigantine-3.jpg brigantine-4.jpg brigantine-5.jpg

The sails look unbalanced to me with not enough front sail, so the yards on the main mast will be raised.

The bigger waves work well. They are not round like in POTC.

No bud I tend to stick to the COAS mods forum and once in a while delve into other parts of the site. thanks for posting the link here bud.:onya

All these years of looking at this file the most "ships_init.c" and I never once paid any attention to the lines further down.:facepalm But now I find these which will allow me to fine tune the ships and how much they move around in rough sea's.

Code:
refship.Rocking.y  = 0.4;
refship.Rocking.az  = 0.035;

Any explainations as to what these mean?

Code:
 refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b1 = 1;
 refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2 = 1;
 refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3 = 1;
 refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b1.vscale = 0.9;
 refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2.vscale = 0.7;
 refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3.vscale = 0.7;
 refship.Track.Enable = true;
 refship.Track1.ZStart = 0.20;
 refship.Track1.LifeTime  = 14.5;
 refship.Track1.Width = "3.7, 3.9";
 refship.Track1.Speed = "7.0, 8.0";
 refship.Track2.ZStart = -0.15;
 refship.Track2.LifeTime  = 8.5;
 refship.Track2.Width = "8.0, 9.0";
 refship.Track2.Speed = "0.15, 0.25";

I'm guessing the sails.rey are for how full the sails look when the wind catches them?

Last edited:
I looked in GMViewer and the X axis is along the length of the ship, Y is vertical, and Z is the width of the ship.
So it has 0.4 total vertical movement modified by 0.035 (inertia?) along the ships length. That will take some experimentation to figure out.

The fullness of the sails is set by the 5th sail locator when the sail has it, or by fine tuning everything including where the ropes attach without it.

Gerald sails in POTC are the ones with emblems on them. To me it seems to be saying that the mid sails will have emblems, and maybe the vscale says how big the emblems will be. :shrug

Size of emblems? Not unless the sail texture system is WAY different in COAS. But I don't think so. :no

Ok thanks, I won't be looking into editing those value's anyway, I just wondered what they meant.

At the moment i'm playing around with the value's for the ship rocking. I want to give the Galleon's Fleut's etc (those that are top heavy) larger pitch angles while smaller ships like Luggers have lower pit angles. The war ships like MOW's and Battle ships I want to have a mid pitch value since they would roll less in the waves than the top heavy Galleon's and such. Its something to keep my occupied while I try to figure out how to make the water clearer. Once the min and max value's have been figured out for each ship type ie, Galleon's with high pitch and Sloops with low pitch angles, then its time to start looking into the ships themselves and setting the value's based on the models. Like some war ships have a high forecastle but not one at the front, so it would move a little more than say a ship of similar size and weight that didn't has a flat deck (no high castles at all).

refship.Rocking.y = 0.4;
refship.Rocking.az = 0.035;

I'm currently only playing with the lower value "0.035" I will post my results when I have something to show.

I looked in GMViewer and the X axis is along the length of the ship, Y is vertical, and Z is the width of the ship.
So it has 0.4 total vertical movement modified by 0.035 (inertia?) along the ships length. That will take some experimentation to figure out.

The fullness of the sails is set by the 5th sail locator when the sail has it, or by fine tuning everything including where the ropes attach without it.

Gerald sails in POTC are the ones with emblems on them. To me it seems to be saying that the mid sails will have emblems, and maybe the vscale says how big the emblems will be. :shrug

You're a better man than I Hylie....

I gave up on this for GOF Eras. I spent so much time experimenting and got almost nowhere. The flag sizes will have to be a project for another time because I burnt myself out on adjusting tiny increments dozens of times just to get one corner right. I almost pried my eyes out with chopsticks and ate em.

MK

Huh. The only flags that I have trouble with are when the flagpole has a 20 degree rake. Lotsa trial and error there and they never look good. I use the horseshoe rule there. Close is good enough.

In Engine.ini I have removed the semicolons to allow the game to use these lines and I have had no problems with the game running, that either means the game isn't reading them because of been disabled some where else, or my CPU supports SSE.

Code:
;HyperThreading = 1
;DisableSSE = 0
;EnableSSE = 1

I have also now put in the following ships.
Caravel Redonda, don't know why I didn't include here in the first place. Need to find some good textures for her though. Never mind I hadn't ported the texture folder over).:facepalm

Carrack, I thought the model was going to be the same as the Golden Hind, but its not as similar as I thought.

Whydah, I think this ship uses a default model from POTC, I could be wrong but its in now and looks nice.

Battle Frigate, I wasn't sure about this one. I thought the Heavy Battle Frigate and Battle Frigate was going to be the same model, but it looks like the Battle Frigate uses the old Surprise model.

Last edited:
I sailed the merchant brig for a while. She needs rigging cleanup and sits too low in the water with water running over the deck, but I passed for now because I found a more pressing need for repairs in the barkentine. She has sails pointing the wrong way among other things.

Oh God! I almost cried when I realised I bugged my own game with this "using the talk function to buy pardon from enemies".... now I can't board anything since that's all I do everytime I go into an smuggling operation :'(

Does anyone here know a way to edit my save so I can start without the bug on a different profile? I had soooo much money, I sold slaveees it was a bad thiing I knew it but it made meee riiich hahahahaha

Well thanks anyways and cheers.

Direct sail doesn't seem to work properly, tried to direct sail from one island to another 2 times, and there was no transition at all (no ships around, and was literally bumping into second isle), also when switched to world map my ship was spawning somewhere between both islands, not at the place it supose to be. :(

Did anyone find out how to change trade quest rewards?

As far as I'm aware, they never did get DirectSail to work quite right in GoF.

Back