• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Are parts of ERAS mod included in the latest GOF patch? Why is ERAS only upto 1725? Can't ERAS be ported into GOF 2.0 or at least most of the good stuff and when can a version be ready to download? Which is better ERAS or GOF 2.0 or 2.1

Eras and GoF are different mods, though Eras does contain elements from GoF.
Which one is better? Well, Eras is newer. And as far as I understand, it already contains most of the good points of GoF.

Why is Eras only up to 1725? Because that is the whole point! To give one historically accurate time period.
Modernknight's idea is to eventually release other Modules of the mod with other time settings.

Are parts of ERAS mod included in the latest GOF patch? Why is ERAS only upto 1725? Can't ERAS be ported into GOF 2.0 or at least most of the good stuff and when can a version be ready to download? Which is better ERAS or GOF 2.0 or 2.1

If my understanding is correct from reading the ReadMe file the Eras mod is built on top of an earlier GOF version. So the latest GOF is not in Eras other then coincidental parallel evolution. So parts of Eras that are strictly Eras are not included in the latest GOF.

Eras or more correctly Eras 2 is only up to 1725 because the idea behind this mod is to build three historical eras of specific time frames. Eras 2 has purely period ships during the Golden Age of Sail. This is the age that COAS was supposed to represent and mod developer ModernKnights favorite era.

Look to the first post of this thread for the link to download. Also read the ReadMe which is where I got these answers from.

As far as which is better. Eras 2 adds a ton more content in way of characters and correct period ships. The overall environment including ship textures, sky and sea is enhanced and beautified. However it has just been released so it doesn't have the time tested stamp of reliability yet. I myself have some sound issues because I'm using an old laptop to play and Eras is using some newer sounds. No one else has reported this other then me.

I'm finding GOF 2.0.9 extremely nice and it too has a beautiful environment. The sky and sea changing over time is a bit more subtle then Eras 2, although not as dramatic feels more natural to me.

GOF 2.1 is a beta and not proven yet. Only use that one if you are willing to test something new with reserve.

I have successfully ported over the moon texture from Eras 2 into GOF with no problem. Simple things like this can be done with a little knowledge. You may also be able to port over some ships but I don't know about that.

Harmsway

Last edited:
You can't really compare either GOF 2 or era 2 because both are one of the same, they both originated from the same version of GOF however they both had different plans. GOF 2 was for a more stable version for GOF while we waited for the highly anticipated era 2 mod. Much of what GOF 2 has to offer can already be found in that mod, its only small tweaks that are not in it as far as I know. Things like the new goods prices, most of the ships and characters but other than that I think era 2 has more content or fresh content that can't be found in any other mod on this site or maybe even in any mod for COAS.

Its down to person interest as to which mod you like the most, but as far as I'm concerned GOF 2 is a finished mod and is now left open for new modders to come in and see what they can do with the mod. If they wish to start fresh then they can, no one is saying that you must use this or any version of any mod that has been made for COAS as a base to build from. But in my eyes GOF 2 is as good as I could give with the tweaks and things and is far more stable than GOF 1.2 which was the plan. Era 2 is new and fresh and offers much more to go from and if any modder decides to build from any mod I think that should be their starting ground and not GOF 2. But its up to those who decide to take on the challenge of further improving the game.

Just to be exactly clear, what is the most stable and playable version of GoF at the moment? Because I'm quite confused still.
Is it these two?
/////Link To GOF 2.0 Full Mod Please make sure you read the install directions above.
http://www.piratesahoy.net/build/Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0 Full Mod V2.0.1 Beta.exe updated and includes latest patch and work

/////Links To Patches: List of changes for patches can be found in the next post. (requires a new game)
Patch 2.0.9 FTP Link: http://www.piratesahoy.net/build/GOF 2.0 Patch 2.0.9.zip
What exactly should be posted to the ModDB to have the latest stable version available there?

Just to be exactly clear, what is the most stable and playable version of GoF at the moment? Because I'm quite confused still.
Is it these two?What exactly should be posted to the ModDB to have the latest stable version available there?

Yes that's th most stable version, the beta version I believe has turned out to cause the same or similar problems as GOF 1.2 and I think its just as common to run into those problems. So GOF 2.0 and the patch 2.0.9 is the stable version.

Hey, I'm new here, and I'm playing this awesome mod. I love everything, but like other people I have encounter the can't board bug. I have the bug in the 1.2, because I didn't know the 2.09 even exist, so I'm wondering if the 2.09 still have the bug or its fixed, because I read in moddb that the 1.12 haven't the bug. I also read in the page 1 that the bug maybe fixed because you revert the nation.ini to vanilla, but I want to be sure. I know my english is a shit, but I'm spanish and only know a little of english. Well, away from that, this mod is all I wanted in a pirate games. I hope I can fix my save, I have the Black Pearl and 4 millions, but eh, its not hard to start again if the game is good.

Yep the 1.2 is full of those bugs.Try using the cheat and the f keys can't remember to try fix it a bit. You also get problems with bad saves so save often. Bienvenido Colin de donde eres?

Yep the 1.2 is full of those bugs.Try using the cheat and the f keys can't remember to try fix it a bit. You also get problems with bad saves so save often. Bienvenido Colin de donde eres?

I don't know how to use cheats, but well, I have unistall the game and reinstall again with the 1.12 version until I know if the 2.09 haven't this bug. Gracias, soy de Madrid. Supongo que tu de Gibraltar no?

I don't know how to use cheats, but well, I have unistall the game and reinstall again with the 1.12 version until I know if the 2.09 haven't this bug. Gracias, soy de Madrid. Supongo que tu de Gibraltar no?

No one has reported having this bug in 2.0.9, however this mod is not compatible with GOF 1.2. You would need to do a fresh install or if like most people have created a new folder outside of the programs folder and made a copy of all the default files and folders from COAS, then simply delete everything and copy the default files back in and then install GOF2 into there. You might want to look into the latest COAS mod GOF Era 2.

No one has reported having this bug in 2.0.9, however this mod is not compatible with GOF 1.2. You would need to do a fresh install or if like most people have created a new folder outside of the programs folder and made a copy of all the default files and folders from COAS, then simply delete everything and copy the default files back in and then install GOF2 into there. You might want to look into the latest COAS mod GOF Era 2.
Thank you! GOF Era 2 looks amazing thanks for the advice. I will do that.

Si he estado en Madrid dos veces,hara frio ahora jiji! Bueno la verdad el clima politico va bien parecer al de la era de los piratas.Bueno bienvenido al foro. Soy historiador y naturalista y un forofo del tema marino y me encanta la mar.En Madrid hay un museo muy interesante sobre el tema maritimo,ese dia no me encontre o mejor dicho preferi quedarme un poco mas en cama y mis amigos fueron y yo me lo perdi.Ya ire algun dia. Bueno interesante por que esta bien lejos de la mar como no sea navegar en el Jarama o el Manzanares. Si el juego esta lleno de estos problemillas y mas cuando se trata de el abordaje y de la rendicion de el capitan del buque.Si alguna tecla aveces lo arregla y no em acuerdo cual es.Si para arreglar un desarreglo has de usar un cheat,bueno creo que no es un cheat si no algun boton que hace un re listado y entrada.No me acuerdo cual es,pregunta aqui. He usado 1.3 version beta y esta mas avanzada que 1.2 no usado el 2.0.9 o 2.10 ya me lo estoy bajando. Has probado el POTC o sea el original 2003 de piratas del caribe(que poco tiene que ver con la de disney)? Metete la MOD de Pieter Boelen y co. La Mod neuva tiene Cartagena y incluso puedes usar la EEUU en tiempos de la guerra de la independencia. SE hablo de crear un estado Bolivariano o sea Cartagena o Colombia para el nuevo Mod y la epoca Napoleonica.No se es mucho trabajo pero si te gusta trata el juego este que es parecido a AOP.Pregunta en el muro por el link del foro que es del website este.

Which button you must press in AOP GOF to try fix and debug game i can't remember if there is one,i think there is and it helps if the game has a bug like the boarding one?? Pieter??

Si he estado en Madrid dos veces,hara frio ahora jiji! Bueno la verdad el clima politico va bien parecer al de la era de los piratas.Bueno bienvenido al foro. Soy historiador y naturalista y un forofo del tema marino y me encanta la mar.En Madrid hay un museo muy interesante sobre el tema maritimo,ese dia no me encontre o mejor dicho preferi quedarme un poco mas en cama y mis amigos fueron y yo me lo perdi.Ya ire algun dia. Bueno interesante por que esta bien lejos de la mar como no sea navegar en el Jarama o el Manzanares. Si el juego esta lleno de estos problemillas y mas cuando se trata de el abordaje y de la rendicion de el capitan del buque.Si alguna tecla aveces lo arregla y no em acuerdo cual es.Si para arreglar un desarreglo has de usar un cheat,bueno creo que no es un cheat si no algun boton que hace un re listado y entrada.No me acuerdo cual es,pregunta aqui. He usado 1.3 version beta y esta mas avanzada que 1.2 no usado el 2.0.9 o 2.10 ya me lo estoy bajando. Has probado el POTC o sea el original 2003 de piratas del caribe(que poco tiene que ver con la de disney)? Metete la MOD de Pieter Boelen y co. La Mod neuva tiene Cartagena y incluso puedes usar la EEUU en tiempos de la guerra de la independencia. SE hablo de crear un estado Bolivariano o sea Cartagena o Colombia para el nuevo Mod y la epoca Napoleonica.No se es mucho trabajo pero si te gusta trata el juego este que es parecido a AOP.Pregunta en el muro por el link del foro que es del website este.

A mi también me encanta el mar :), pero soy mas bien aficionado. El POTC lo tengo, pero el mapa que tiene no me gusta mucho, aunque promete con el mod ese.

El POTC lo tengo, pero el mapa que tiene no me gusta mucho, aunque promete con el mod ese.
What is the last version of PotC you tried? Since Beta 3, the worldmap is much improved:
Map_Interface.jpg

What is the last version of PotC you tried? Since Beta 3, the worldmap is much improved:
Map_Interface.jpg
I'm sure that isn't the map. Is that the map of the mod? Is awesome. I only play the vanilla PotC, you know, Redmond, Failaise di Feur... If is that the mod I really need to get my hands on it.

I'm playing now the GoF 1.12. I have a problem, I don't know is it a bug or I don't understand how the loyalty work, but one of my officer (if not all) don't increase the loyalty. Especially the ginger pirate Jessika Zayonts, her loyalty is decreased with the time, and is Bloody Assassin and I don't stop sunk and boarding ships.

Again, if I have any grammar problem, I'm sorry, I'm not english :/.

Last edited:
I'm sure that isn't the map. Is that the map of the mod? Is awesome. I only play the vanilla PotC, you know, Redmond, Failaise di Feur... If is that the mod I really need to get my hands on it.
Yep, that's the map of the mod. Get it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads
And have a look through the pages there too for an overview of the stuff we added. It is MUCH improved! :woot

Officers with good reputations will become more loyal if you do good deeds like merchant quests, while officers with bad reputations will become more loyal if you do bad deeds like capture and sink ships.

Loyalty is quirky in COAS and its not the mod's fault. Look in the COAS mod section for loyalty mods. There are a couple of them. Also look at Jonesie's pinned topic of how to edit loyalty to work better for you. There are several paradoxes at work in COAS loyalty. The first one is that if you don't have a letter of marque and sink and take ships your reps will suffer and players with good reputations will become disloyal. If you DO have a letter of marque then just the opposite happens. However with officers that are sharks and swindlers they will have improved loyalty the more ships you take, sink and captains you capture regardless. With officers that have good reputations the best way to keep them good is to let go about one third of the ships you capture and free their captains. Also make sure to give them quarter when you take their ships or to allow them to pay you if they offer money to let them go.

If you demand money from ships, your loyalty with hero officers will immediately drop.

Also don't ignore the girls that are being chased on land by hooligans. Help them.

MK

Back