• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

GOF2 started for me ok and I'm not familiar with COAS issues, but if it was POTC I would say you have a problem with either Intel graphics, DEP, or you installed it into program files.

Yes, actually I installed it to program files (x86). I guess I shouldn't, istn't it? I'll try to reinstall in another directory. Thanky.

I may have problem with the intel too, because of the "optimus" stuff on my Lenovo. If it continues I'll post on the tecnical thread. Thanks for the answer.

Yes, installing into program files activates the security stuff and does not allow the program to run.

I acquired the Nightmare last night and soon found that it is actually the HMS_Unicorn, so ported over the later POTC version which does not have the high camera bug. It promptly got dismasted so it should be good to go.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/CgPcAS1qoI/COAS stuff/COAS repaired ships/Nightmare1.7z

This raises another question. I have 2 games going now. One is for fun and one is for work. I have been using the work game for testing dis-masting and for some reason ships stopped getting dis-masted recently. But last night I saw two ships drop masts in the fun game. So, does rank have anything to do with this? I ask because I just made level 5 in the fun game and have done nothing in the work game.

This raises another question. I have 2 games going now. One is for fun and one is for work. I have been using the work game for testing dis-masting and for some reason ships stopped getting dis-masted recently. But last night I saw two ships drop masts in the fun game. So, does rank have anything to do with this? I ask because I just made level 5 in the fun game and have done nothing in the work game.

maybe because of your low accuracy and cannon skills

If I was doing the shooting you would have a point, but it is my ship that I want to dis-mast. I sail out and change flags so the fort is hostile and then just try to avoid any other ships around until a mast drops. But the masts stopped dropping............

Did you increase the rigging damage for balls?

If you did, did you switch from the damage switch ie, RTBL to COAS default by accident?

Thanks for the updated Nightmare, i will update the first page so everyone know's she has been tested and works.

Ok, well it could be that your work game been on COAS default means you are able to demast much quicker makes your main game feel like you can't. However it is still something to be looked into because it could be a bug. If you wish to upload your savegame, i will test it for you and see what happens.

KK, thanks bud and thanks MK.:onya

Well as I read somewhere here on the forum, your Luck skill level has impact on scoring a critical hit by ship cannons, I thought that "demast" = critical to sails...doesn't it work both ways? The more Luck skill you have the smaller chance to get your ship demasted? I can imagine that a character with a high level has a high luck skill thus you don't get demasted so often?

Maybe it's a nonsense, but as I think about it I haven't gotten demasted for a long time with my lvl15 character (Luck skill at 42 + 20 from books)

The situation I was in was that ships could be demasted in the play game with realistic cannon damage and the work game with COAS default could NOT be demasted. So last night I changed the work game to realistic and masts started dropping again. :pirate41: My current opinion is that there is a bug in the COAS default code that prevents demasting.

MarKr: The character I'm using in the work game is level1 with no perks or skills. He never leaves the island he starts out on and does nothing but go to the shipyard, buy a ship and get his silly self sunk. :bird:

EDIT: Just remembered that the Derfflinger was demasted last night with no ctd. Lost its fore mast. That's how I know it's working again.

Yep, i believe the weapon might have been changed in GOF 1.2, and since most stuff has been ported over from that version, this is something that i feel wasn't ported over.:facepalm
hello,i tell you what hope can be of help.I have made ​​an attempt to try to solve alone.I copied part of the file ForAll_dialog.c Buho changed from the previous version,the part about the musketeer and pasted into the current file in the appropriate section.to my pleasant surprise to the musketeer regained his musket.went very far in the game without any problem.thanks great Buho.forgive the bad English, I help with the google translator by

had also a mast bug. gapped a 24 gun ship totally damaged. without masts.
i did some repair at shipyard. but not full repair. the sum for full repair was round about 24000 or so.
so i decided to repair 55 % and do the rest of work by my carpenter. on the way to next harbour...
when i got from the harbour on my ship. the sails where on 0.
i spend lot of money to repair to 55...
however i got back to shipyard and repaird all to 100%
this time i got on the ship it was fine.... so i spend lot of money for the ship
as i play on hardcore, impossible,. its worth every penny.
have the modoption on ship damage on coas default....

and luke, the thing with the high recruitment. yes... slaves will be good sailors!

have quit playing as pirate.. on realistc settings its almost impossible...
so i got back to the god old dutch.

man, what a difference when you have a save harbour. and A fort in your back. :)

got a gaff ship from a pirate that come to close to the fort...in the first half of january.

what a game!!!!

oh, by the way.... when you do load frequently savegames the game crashes always.

as i do always only have one savegame my game only crashes when i got killed.....and that is rare....
Pirates ahoy!

hello again any help on the boarding issue? sometimes i can board sometimes i cant even when a ship is a 6th rate or all my skills are high i have boarding 63+10from book and +10 from officer and i can sit next to the ship for an hour and he wont board or me :aar

A few days ago I found in a treasure chest some "Trader clothes" - when one wears it, it grants you + 20 trade skill I give these things that increase skill (basicaly the books) to the officers that can benefit from them, which increases the overall bonus I recieve for assigning them to a certain post.
Now to the point: Trader clothes "acts" like a bodyarmor (you can "equip" it the same way, except you don't need the skill for it), but NPC don't equip it as they do with normal armors. Is it possible to make my treasurer wear it in order to recieve the bonus it grants?

hello,i tell you what hope can be of help.I have made ​​an attempt to try to solve alone.I copied part of the file ForAll_dialog.c Buho changed from the previous version,the part about the musketeer and pasted into the current file in the appropriate section.to my pleasant surprise to the musketeer regained his musket.went very far in the game without any problem.thanks great Buho.forgive the bad English, I help with the google translator by

Ok bud, i will look over the file and make sure that everything is in place, and then update the patch that is been worked on.:onya

had also a mast bug. gapped a 24 gun ship totally damaged. without masts.
i did some repair at shipyard. but not full repair. the sum for full repair was round about 24000 or so.
so i decided to repair 55 % and do the rest of work by my carpenter. on the way to next harbour...
when i got from the harbour on my ship. the sails where on 0.
i spend lot of money to repair to 55...
however i got back to shipyard and repaird all to 100%
this time i got on the ship it was fine.... so i spend lot of money for the ship
as i play on hardcore, impossible,. its worth every penny.
have the modoption on ship damage on coas default....

and luke, the thing with the high recruitment. yes... slaves will be good sailors!

have quit playing as pirate.. on realistc settings its almost impossible...
so i got back to the god old dutch.

man, what a difference when you have a save harbour. and A fort in your back. :)

got a gaff ship from a pirate that come to close to the fort...in the first half of january.

what a game!!!!

oh, by the way.... when you do load frequently savegames the game crashes always.

as i do always only have one savegame my game only crashes when i got killed.....and that is rare....
Pirates ahoy!

Yes i will be lowering the hire costs for crew some what, just looking for a balance. I will also increase the player's starting money so he/she can play as the pirates or one of the nations. Not come across the repair bug yet, but i do believe it was a random bug in GOF 1.2 aswell.:(

hello again any help on the boarding issue? sometimes i can board sometimes i cant even when a ship is a 6th rate or all my skills are high i have boarding 63+10from book and +10 from officer and i can sit next to the ship for an hour and he wont board or me :aar

Do you have the patch installed aswell (2.0.7)?

A few days ago I found in a treasure chest some "Trader clothes" - when one wears it, it grants you + 20 trade skill I give these things that increase skill (basicaly the books) to the officers that can benefit from them, which increases the overall bonus I recieve for assigning them to a certain post.
Now to the point: Trader clothes "acts" like a bodyarmor (you can "equip" it the same way, except you don't need the skill for it), but NPC don't equip it as they do with normal armors. Is it possible to make my treasurer wear it in order to recieve the bonus it grants?

Yes the officer you wish to wear the armour needs the personal perk before he/she can wear it.

Yes the officer you wish to wear the armour needs the personal perk before he/she can wear it.
I know they need the perk for body armor, but do they need it for the "Trader clothes" too? Because the player can wear it without learning that perk...

Level 7 and no problems with boarding or being boarded, outside of dying when being boarded. :duel:

Lowering crew costs would be appreciated as a battle incurs $20,000-$30,000 P in crew replacement costs and then it takes months before they are competent.

I know they need the perk for body armor, but do they need it for the "Trader clothes" too? Because the player can wear it without learning that perk...

Not sure, i don't believe it was made possible for officers to be given the clothing to wear, i think they was for player's only.

Level 7 and no problems with boarding or being boarded, outside of dying when being boarded. :duel:

Lowering crew costs would be appreciated as a battle incurs $20,000-$30,000 P in crew replacement costs and then it takes months before they are competent.

Hopefully no boarding issue's will happen at all, but its still early day's. Keep us informed though as its good to be updated on whats working and whats not.:onya

If i can i want the crew costs to be about 40$ to 50$ per sailor, this would drastically lower the hiring costs and mean buying slaves is not cheaper than hiring crew from the tavern. But i have to take note that your skills do effect the hiring costs for crew members, so setting the starting value at 50$ is going to mean when your skills are high the costs could be 20$ or lower. I will have the disired effects ready for the next patch soon enough, but the next patch will not be released ontill its worth releasing. But i can alway's upload the file for crew changes in a post as soon as its finished, as it wouldn't require a new game.

Ok bud, but sadly that doesn't help since the full version of GOF 2 was released as a patched version 2.0.5. This is why i ask what version you have, it will say in the bottom right at the main menu screen. If it doesn't say 2.0.7, then you do not have the latest patch this could explain your problems, but there is a catch. 2.0.7 requires a new game before all changes will take effect, you could load a savegame and then use the reinit function to update many aspects of your game. But i can't say what the outcome would be, some things might work while others could cause problems because the reinit function does not update all files.

Anyway if you haven'ty already, download the latest patch and install it when youo are ready to start a fresh game. Patch 2.0.7 http://www.mediafire.com/?uh2cy86hkw4luen

Back