• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

yes i already have the patch 2.0.7 i isntallted it right after i installed 2.0 then started new game :)

Ok in that case here are some questions.

When trying to board ships you can't board, what flag are you flying and which nation ships are you trying to board>

When trying to board ships but you can't, which flag are you flying and which nations are you trying to board?

What is your characters actual nation? if different to the one you are going by in your game.

What rank are you?
What class of ship do you sail?

Sorry for all the questions, but i need to try to understand the problem better. If you wish you could upload your savegame and i will have a look at it, this might elliminate if its hardwear ralated or an actaul bug.

No-boarding bug happened to me too. For most of the game everything worked just fine. But at some point something went wrong and I can't board anything. Unfortunately most of my saves were made after bug occurred.
I tried different flags, different ships but nothing helps.

i have a problem with the ship HMS Victory. is there a way to fix it? i tried reinstalling coas, gof 2.0, 2.07 ptach but i still have the same problem.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh that? I have run into that with other ships, and it is easy to fix. The sail0 locators for the staysl's just need to be adjusted. Will try to get to it later today.

EDIT: AARRGGHH!! There are 2 Victories, but the one that you can buy is the latest one that I rerigged for POTC. The Staysl's are now fixed but many others are way out. The sails behave differently in COAS than they do in POTC. This will take a bit..........

09:08: Done. Quick & Dirty. This is the HMS_Victory, not the Victory1. Both are in GOF2.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/XL8L8q0ROf/COAS stuff/COAS screenies/HMS_Victory GOF2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/jLgERclgrb/COAS stuff/COAS repaired ships/HMS_Victory.7z

ah cool where can i find the savegame??

I don't know if using the main directory the game creates a folder in your documents or not, i don't use the original install directory from programs. But if it doesn't then open your main directories and there should be a folder called save, thats where you'll find them.

Thanks for uploading your save.;)

Its not hardwear rated then because i couldn't board a English Brig (was the first ship i attacked).

:D so is there anything that can be done??

Edit:
1/10/12 i tried selling my ship thinking it might be something to do with the ship and using a schooner but still same problem
also tried moving around some of the officers as maybe i had something wrong there but no

Sadly no, there is no fix for this. However i will be working hard on a full change which will up ready in a week or two. Expect a lot of changes, some features to be removed etc. I expect 2 weeks will be the time frame, but when i get into modding this game i can move quiet fast, so it could be sooner.

Sadly no, there is no fix for this. However i will be working hard on a full change which will up ready in a week or two. Expect a lot of changes, some features to be removed etc. I expect 2 weeks will be the time frame, but when i get into modding this game i can move quiet fast, so it could be sooner.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Luke159 and all the other modders out there that put a lot of time and effort into this game. Your work is appreciated and three of my friends are also installing the vanilla version right now and getting ready. We can not wait for your next release!

Your welcome bud, the next version will be dialed down some what, remove whats broken and needs a coder and work on fixing what i can fix. But its good to hear that you and a few friends wish to try this mod out, may it keep you busy for many months to come.:yes

Oh that? I have run into that with other ships, and it is easy to fix. The sail0 locators for the staysl's just need to be adjusted. Will try to get to it later today.

EDIT: AARRGGHH!! There are 2 Victories, but the one that you can buy is the latest one that I rerigged for POTC. The Staysl's are now fixed but many others are way out. The sails behave differently in COAS than they do in POTC. This will take a bit..........

09:08: Done. Quick & Dirty. This is the HMS_Victory, not the Victory1. Both are in GOF2.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/XL8L8q0ROf/COAS stuff/COAS screenies/HMS_Victory GOF2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/jLgERclgrb/COAS stuff/COAS repaired ships/HMS_Victory.7z

thank you very much! i really like this ship and i was just annoyed seeing that sail.

i have a question, did the cursed blacked pearl got remove? im looking for its black sail with holes and i cant find it in the latest patch i want to have that instead of the sails with patches

Thanks bud, however Victory1 is not been actively used any more, but the files needed for her remain . I will be removing them from the main mod so you only have HMS_Victory1 and USS_Constitution1.

i have a question, did the cursed blacked pearl got remove? im looking for its black sail with holes and i cant find it in the latest patch i want to have that instead of the sails with patches

Chances are they haven't been ported over yet.

Thanks bud, however Victory1 is not been actively used any more, but the files needed for her remain . I will be removing them from the main mod so you only have HMS_Victory1 and USS_Constitution1.

Chances are they haven't been ported over yet.
i see. but ive seen them in GOF 1.2. well i replaced it with torn black sails i found around here so its all good now.

Back