• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

GOPF 2.0 is indeed a focus on improving stability while keeping as many featureas from GOF 1.2 as possible, now in the new patch i have disabled the surrender feature found in GOF 1.2 and put the older version back in to see if that works fine (haven't had any problems as of yet).

I can't say GOF 2 is better than GOF 1.2, they both offer something different, GOF 1.2 has more features while GOF 2 improves some features from GOF 1.2 and adds a few new ones. The biggest change between these two versions is the amount of ships you will find ingame, GOF 2 has many ships but not as many as GOF 1.2. None of the stock ships have been removed and i won't remove them, but i have removed alot of ships mostly high class ships to give GOF 2 a more realistic feel in that you wouldn't see many high class shsips like MOW's in the caribbean.

All i can suggest is download it and the latest patch and then see how it plays and if you like it, if the stability can be fixed (as of yet i have to say theres not been many reports of CTD's) then we are heading in the correct direction and can relax more in the knowlage that people can play the game without stability problems been a huge problem. The game will alway's crash at some point, this can't be fixed because there are some problems within the hard coding that need fixing which causes the stability problems and most likely is the reason for the memory leak which also leads to a CTD at some point.

Thanks Hylie Pistof, i have included both new textures in the next patch. I know i was getting ready to release it, nothing came up about the patch that needed looking into. It was a problem on my part, i had no time to do anything so didn't get to do anything. I will release the patch sometime this week, so any other changes you wish to include please pass them on before Friday and i will release the patch Friday night or Saturday morning.:onya

The only thing I have now is a different yacht1. It is the one I re rigged for Modern Knight using the current textures. But!
With hull1 the masts are supposed to be white and they are brown.
With hull2 all is well.
With hull3 the masts are supposed to be black and they are, except for the lateen.

So I have been holding that one back until I can figure out a solution.

In GOF 2.0, will I encounter the HMS Victory while fighting english military squadrons? Also, in the shipyard, will it only appear in english shipyards?

Also, how do I use this "direct sail" feature? It would be beyond useful for all those fetch quests, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use it! Great mod by the way, I have spent many hours on it already.

GOPF 2.0 is indeed a focus on improving stability while keeping as many featureas from GOF 1.2 as possible, now in the new patch i have disabled the surrender feature found in GOF 1.2 and put the older version back in to see if that works fine (haven't had any problems as of yet).

I can't say GOF 2 is better than GOF 1.2, they both offer something different, GOF 1.2 has more features while GOF 2 improves some features from GOF 1.2 and adds a few new ones. The biggest change between these two versions is the amount of ships you will find ingame, GOF 2 has many ships but not as many as GOF 1.2. None of the stock ships have been removed and i won't remove them, but i have removed alot of ships mostly high class ships to give GOF 2 a more realistic feel in that you wouldn't see many high class shsips like MOW's in the caribbean.

All i can suggest is download it and the latest patch and then see how it plays and if you like it, if the stability can be fixed (as of yet i have to say theres not been many reports of CTD's) then we are heading in the correct direction and can relax more in the knowlage that people can play the game without stability problems been a huge problem. The game will alway's crash at some point, this can't be fixed because there are some problems within the hard coding that need fixing which causes the stability problems and most likely is the reason for the memory leak which also leads to a CTD at some point.

Thanks Hylie Pistof, i have included both new textures in the next patch. I know i was getting ready to release it, nothing came up about the patch that needed looking into. It was a problem on my part, i had no time to do anything so didn't get to do anything. I will release the patch sometime this week, so any other changes you wish to include please pass them on before Friday and i will release the patch Friday night or Saturday morning.:onya

Hey Luke!

Long time no see.

Are the links on page 1 up to date? If not, can I get a link to your most up to date verson?

Thanks!

Hi. Looking forward to test this mod, but with the new patch coming soon I do wonder. Will the new patch be save game compatible? IE: can I safely start a new game today :)

Do I have to install all the patches over a clean instillation of the 2.0 version or can i just install the 2.0.7 patch over it? and is their a new patch coming out soon?

you guys have been a great big help but theirs one slight problem i am attempting to install the GoF mod but the full release version is not Downloading can someone help me please
thanks

That's a nice texture, I have to say. Shame the damage effects completely spoil it in the second screenie. They stick out like a sore thumb. o_O
You're right, on a light colored ship it looks alright but on that dark ship it does look pretty bad. Hmm...maybe it's time we got some new ones.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65307287@N05/5984497388/

Something like that would be nice, a simple "dented" wood look I think would look alright which is sort of what the current GoF! version is but it looks pretty bad in that picture.

I don't remember what the originals looked like, I think it was a sort of generic black hole so to speak, they were probably the same texture as the ones in AoP. I know that the alpha file for the damage texture is the same as in vanillia CoAS, so the issue is trying to get a decent wood texture. We can't color match all the ships in the game so it has to be something that won't stick out like the GoF! ones.

Try this blot. It is the POTC one and it goes in your GOF2--->resource--->textures folder. You might want to rename or save the existing one first.

Ryan Shockey: There was a problem at MODDB where one of their servers quit, uhh, serving many countries. Perhaps that is your problem.

EDIT: Here is a shot of a small ship in POTC with those blots. BTW, what do you think about the sail damage?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/nQ-FXE58M9/POTC screenies/Hoy-2.jpg

Attachments

• blot.tga.7z
    38.3 KB · Views: 71
:ahoy , i fear i may have have run into the no boarding bug that as in 1.2 :(

I have a game going currently as Jack Aubery sailing for England, it was all going great, everything working fine, able to board etc until this morning. now all of a sudden I can't board again.

I've tried with 2 ships 1 pirate schooner and 1 dutch heavy Galleon, both times I demasted my target and buckshot'd you crew to bits but as in 1.2 i could only sit next to them, never getting the option to board.

Here's an image of the most recent:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9vgeikk02jxff0/Boarding issues.jpg

It's taking ages to download the 2.0 Full release, may I suggest using another server? :)
I'm running on a 100/mb line atm and it's taking me 5 hours.

Cant wait to play this mod that I've heard so much about!

Yarr harr!

-Capt. Dennis.

Ryan Phillips, same problem here. After a few hour of gameplay, at some point I lose the capability to board (but the AI can board me if they are superior). Anyone knows how to solve this? Already restarted, reinstalled everything, applied all the patches I could find... I am at my wits end.

Edit: After browsing to the forums I learnt that it may be somehow related to speaking to enemy ships and pay them off to leave you alone and/or sending your boat to them. I did both things many, many times. I will restart a game (again...) and keep you posted.

Well, after a few hours of playing I've found that if you don't speak to other ships (i.e. the demand surrender, offer gold, ask for news, etc menu) you won't get the "can't board bug". I took the pirate proposition quests, returned logbooks quests end boarded via the send a boat option, and they didn't seem to cause any trouble.
I do not claim to have discovered any of this, I just confirm it so that it may help other players who may be having the same problem. One week ago I almost uninstalled the whole thing out of frustration, now I am fine.

Are GoF 1.1 saves compatible with 2.0?

Also, any chance for 2.0 to be put on torrent? Would make downloading much easier and safer.

Back