• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I would like to ask for help, because I just downloaded the mod and installed the game once again, but the game just keeps crashing, I enter on battles or storms, the game randomly crashes, not on the same spot, it's random.

Is there any solution to this? or I just have to uninstall the game and forget about it?

Please can u tell me if your loot mod is this (Ver 1 of BetterLooting for AOP2 COAS.) cuz i think the behavior is a little diferent.
Tx.

hello, I'm just new here, Is there any file here that can fix the crews of the black pearl in this mod because they're floating..:(
thank you. :)

I would also like to ask if I can start a new game safely, I mean, I was playing Gentlemen of Fortune 1.1, I updated to 1.2 and then I lost my saves.

Can I safely start a new game in 2.0 and the saves will be compatible with the future updates? And, is there any chance that the 1.1 saves can be loaded with 2.0?

Ha
Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I would like to ask for help, because I just downloaded the mod and installed the game once again, but the game just keeps crashing, I enter on battles or storms, the game randomly crashes, not on the same spot, it's random.

Is there any solution to this? or I just have to uninstall the game and forget about it?

Have you ensured your video card options and resolution are properly synched to the game? MK

hello, I'm just new here, Is there any file here that can fix the crews of the black pearl in this mod because they're floating..:(
thank you. :)

Look around in the threads. There is already a mod topic about this and the sailorpoints file you are looking for is included for DL with instructions of where to put it.

MK

I would also like to ask if I can start a new game safely, I mean, I was playing Gentlemen of Fortune 1.1, I updated to 1.2 and then I lost my saves.

Can I safely start a new game in 2.0 and the saves will be compatible with the future updates? And, is there any chance that the 1.1 saves can be loaded with 2.0?

Short answer is NO. However, I have seen rare cases where I can get a save to work cross mod if I have no ships and I am in the jungle - AND there have been no weapon or character changes between mods. The incompatibility all comes from what ships/characters are spawned in a particular mod. If there are different ships in the harbor or in your own group as well as other characters - than in the new mod, the game will crash because of the mismatches.

My advice if you want to try to transfer a character to a new mod is to get rid of all your stuff (except money) get rid of all officers and ships and go into the jungle or a cave and save. That save MIGHT be able to work in the new game mod, just hire new officers, buy new ships and equipment with the money you kept with you.

No guarantees, but I have had some success with this technique.

MK

Have you set your screen resolution in "engine.ini"? Have you adjusted the options in your video card control panel to work with this game?

In your COAS folder there is a file called "engine.ini". Open it with notepad. At the top are X and Y coordinates. Those are for your screen resolution. This is a POTC engine.ini but they are similar. Also, read the FAQ.
engine.ini error logging.jpg

Why would it be working? the engine.ini already had the resolution set, it's obviously a bug of the game ( one of many ), I removed it.

What kind of video card do you have? Did you try finding a game profile option? Did you try synching your monitors Hertz and res with your card like MK suggested? I have an older NVIDIA card and had a little trouble at first - but once I dialed down my monitor's FPS rate to my card and picked MTWII as default game in my video card profile, the game worked fine. I found a post by MK how to change camera options and optimize screen res and now my game looks GREAT. You just need to try different stuf and hunt around here for tips to make it work. These guys answer these kind of questions all the time - they probably get sick of it.

I keep on getting a CTD when I am boarding and after the fight is won and I need to fight the caption? Any help?

Sorry I can't help Craig. I never played 2.0 because I was busy with Eras. Module 2 is almost finished. I would say no more than a month now before release. It doesn't have all the flush deck frigates and British 1st raters everyone around here seems to love so much, so I don't expect it to be too popular. But I do think it will be much loved by those that favor the earlier period.- The REAL Golden Age of Piracy, and the time the game was actually originally set in.

MK

Back