• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Thanks bud, i wll get testing later tonight and hopefully soon have a fix, I have already tested the compatibility between GOF 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 and sadly you would need to start a new game because the game crashes when you load the savegame. So now i'm installing GOF 2 and the patch 1.0.7 and then get to work on trying to fix the problem.

Update:
Just tried to load the game to see if it would work, and sadly it doesn't load for me and I have installed it all correctly. Are you sure its 2.0.7 patch your using and not an earlier version?

Try updating your 7zip app, this should fix that problem

I have the latest version installed -- same problem, same number of errors, every time. I've even redownloaded it and reinstalled my 7zip -- everything. Not every file is corrupt -- only some of the music files seem to be fine, but almost every OTHER file than those is, essentially, kaput.

Not sure why, because no one else seems to have this problem and I have downloaded it myself to reinstall that version after reverting back to 2.0.7 and it extracted without problems.

Have you tried downloading from both links for 2.0.8? Also try downloading using a different browser, perhaps disabling anything like torrents, your anti virus program etc, so that it reduces the chances of anything from corrupting the files. I've honestly never had anyone say anything about this happening before, maybe someone else might be able to shed light into what could be going on.

The only time I had this problem it was because my version of 7Zip was outdated. Getting the latest version cured the problem.

Not sure why, because no one else seems to have this problem and I have downloaded it myself to reinstall that version after reverting back to 2.0.7 and it extracted without problems.

Have you tried downloading from both links for 2.0.8? Also try downloading using a different browser, perhaps disabling anything like torrents, your anti virus program etc, so that it reduces the chances of anything from corrupting the files. I've honestly never had anyone say anything about this happening before, maybe someone else might be able to shed light into what could be going on.
It's not the 2.0.8 patch I have difficulty with, but the main v2 file.

EDIT: Oh, I apologize. It seems the latest version is actually 9.22, not 9.20. I'll report back if I still have a problem.

I'm sure that it's 2.0.7 i installed.the only change that i've made after installing the patch was setting screen resolution to 1600*900 and debugwindow on in engine.ini.maybe it's the problem with loading.

Thanks bud, i wll get testing later tonight and hopefully soon have a fix, I have already tested the compatibility between GOF 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 and sadly you would need to start a new game because the game crashes when you load the savegame. So now i'm installing GOF 2 and the patch 1.0.7 and then get to work on trying to fix the problem.

Update:
Just tried to load the game to see if it would work, and sadly it doesn't load for me and I have installed it all correctly. Are you sure its 2.0.7 patch your using and not an earlier version?

I'm sure that it's 2.0.7 i installed.the only change that i've made after installing the patch was setting screen resolution to 1600*900 and debugwindow on in engine.ini.maybe it's the problem with loading.
Update:
well i just installed a fresh copy of COAS with 2.0.7 on and couldn't load my own previous save game even with those changes in engine file.so surly save games are GARBAGE maybe i've changed something that i don't remember.but i believe that musket bug is still there and if it's in 2.0.7 it is in 2.0.8 too.

It's not the 2.0.8 patch I have difficulty with, but the main v2 file.

EDIT: Oh, I apologize. It seems the latest version is actually 9.22, not 9.20. I'll report back if I still have a problem.
The latest version for 7zip is 9.30 alpha which is a development version of 7zip.but if you need a more stable version you can use 9.25.
http://www.7-zip.org/

Was there any changes done to the quests? I've finished an Inglish and French national quest and can't start the Morgan quest, strange.

I don't play the quests, but i'm sure I read (a long time ago for vanilla) if you complete a questline then the pirate questline can't be started. I think it was the English questline that once finished closed the option to start the pirate one. But no quest changes was made between 2.0.7 and 2.0.8.

Update:
well i just installed a fresh copy of COAS with 2.0.7 on and couldn't load my own previous save game even with those changes in engine file.so surly save games are GARBAGE maybe i've changed something that i don't remember.but i believe that musket bug is still there and if it's in 2.0.7 it is in 2.0.8 too.

Yep that either means you had changed something else or was running either an older version or 2.0.8. Then again I don't know if a savegame from 2.0.7 is compatable with 2.0.8. It could be compatable, but because of the amountof changes done to 2.0.8 I would suspect a savegame from any earlier version wouldn't load or if it did would have some serious stability issue's.

Anyway if the bug is in 2.0.8 then let me know, at the moment i'm having to do a lot of testing for the up and coming league races for F1 2012, so I haven't really played or looked at any files to COAS this week.

The mod looks really nice! The last time I played COAS we only had the community mod. Unfortunately some of the errors are still there :(
I captured the Blue Bird and noticed, that it has the cannon duplication bug with the cannons facing forward and when you fire them, they damage your own sails because the cannonballs start in the middle of the ship. It also has a big hold and when you load it full, it is way too deep in the water, the SubSeaDependWeight is 0.9 that is really high and should probably be lowered.

I also thought about powering up some of the NPCs like the musketeer mr Humphrey, it doesn't look like anyone has done something like that and it is really not that difficult (since it is only tweaking) to do so.

All in all, thanks for sparking my interest in this great game again :)

Guys good work from me too. Although I really love the improvements, I find a feature of this mod somewhat troublesome. Actually a lot. The crew training is a true and utter pain. Only shore loafers or such exist in the taverns. The sailors can easily be trained just by traveling, but the gunners and fighters are the trouble. No matter what officers of books you have, the crew initially has such a slow rate of fire that any random ship on the map even with the same number of guns outguns you in firepower 3-4 or more times. It is impossible to train any crew under those conditions. By the time the bar in the gunner training has crawled up a bit, the entire crew is dead. I have been trying to make a competent crew 3 days now and I give up. Impossible. I understand the reasoning behind the difficulty of building a good crew slowly as in real life, but this handicap applies only to you and not the AI. The mod as it is now almost prohibits any combat.

Hello there! First of all thumbs up for the great mod!
My question is: "Is there a simple way to change the default filter for merchants/shipwrights to "Show both" (e.g. a quick edit in a .config file)?". I searched the topic but couldn't find a specific answer.
Thank you in advance!

The mod looks really nice! The last time I played COAS we only had the community mod. Unfortunately some of the errors are still there :(
I captured the Blue Bird and noticed, that it has the cannon duplication bug with the cannons facing forward and when you fire them, they damage your own sails because the cannonballs start in the middle of the ship. It also has a big hold and when you load it full, it is way too deep in the water, the SubSeaDependWeight is 0.9 that is really high and should probably be lowered.

I also thought about powering up some of the NPCs like the musketeer mr Humphrey, it doesn't look like anyone has done something like that and it is really not that difficult (since it is only tweaking) to do so.

All in all, thanks for sparking my interest in this great game again :)

Thank you bud, it means a lot to us all.:onya

Sadly no one else has been working on GOF 2 with me as it seems that everyone is busy with RL and other things these day's, slowly we are getting the GOF 1.2 that should have been released all be it with some improved area's and features included. Anyway because there is only me working on this mod its some what challenging to know what each error is and how to fix them as I am very limited in what I can do and in the amount of time I can devote to this project each week. All I can do is hope that for the next patch some more bugs will be fixed, but I can't guarantee that will be the case (hopefully there will be some bugs fixed though).

Guys good work from me too. Although I really love the improvements, I find a feature of this mod somewhat troublesome. Actually a lot. The crew training is a true and utter pain. Only shore loafers or such exist in the taverns. The sailors can easily be trained just by traveling, but the gunners and fighters are the trouble. No matter what officers of books you have, the crew initially has such a slow rate of fire that any random ship on the map even with the same number of guns outguns you in firepower 3-4 or more times. It is impossible to train any crew under those conditions. By the time the bar in the gunner training has crawled up a bit, the entire crew is dead. I have been trying to make a competent crew 3 days now and I give up. Impossible. I understand the reasoning behind the difficulty of building a good crew slowly as in real life, but this handicap applies only to you and not the AI. The mod as it is now almost prohibits any combat.

This is a very easy thing to fix and to be honest one I had already done, for the next patch there will be an option in the mod options that allows you to switch between low skills crew and the standard GOF crew , which was more skilled than they currently are in GOF 2.0.8.

My question is: "Is there a simple way to change the default filter for merchants/shipwrights to "Show both" (e.g. a quick edit in a .config file)?". I searched the topic but couldn't find a specific answer.
Thank you in advance!

You mean in the store where you can select between what goods/items you have on you or what the store has in stock? if that's what you want then yes its a very easy edit and as soon as I can find the code (been a while since I edited that one) I will give you the info.

@ All thank you and you are all welcome, I am sorry that the mod still has some bugs and hope to fix them as soon as I can. I maybe limited in what I can do but I will always try my hardest to fix as many bugs as I can in each patch, at the moment time and skills are holding me back. But I will hopefully be able to give everyone the GOF game we all want to play, at least on till MK releases his era mod which i'm sure everyone is looking forwards to, I know I am.

Thanks Luke159!! BTW can I change the crew setting to the original myself? I don't know the directory, or even if it a simple notepad business..

Thank you in advance!

Ok found the code to change the store filter from what you have on you to what the store has in stock. Go to "Program\INTERFACE == itemstrade.c" and look for the following code.

Code:
//// {*} BUHO-FIST - ADDED CODE - Fist state variable
#define FIT_ALL  0  // Normal
#define FIT_BACKPACK 1  // Show backpack
#define FIT_TRADER  2  // Show trader
int FIT_FilterState = 1;
//// {*} BUHO END ADDITION

Change the following value in the line of code bellow to 0 and save and exit.
Code:
"int FIT_FilterState = 1;" //change to 0 to set store filter to all

Thanks Luke159!! BTW can I change the crew setting to the original myself? I don't know the directory, or even if it a simple notepad business..

Go to "Program\scripts == crew.c" and search for the following code.
Code:
  //crew experience lowered by Luke159
    case ENGLAND:
    eSailors  = 5; //25
    eCannoners = 5;
    eSoldiers  = 0; //10
    break;
    case FRANCE:
    eSailors  = 5; //10
    eCannoners = 0; //25
    eSoldiers  = 5;
    break;
    case SPAIN:
    eSailors  = 5;
    eCannoners = 0; //10
    eSoldiers  = 5; //25
    break;
    case PIRATE:
    eSailors  = 5; //15
    eCannoners = 0; //15
    eSoldiers  = 5; //25
    break;
    case HOLLAND:
    eSailors  = 0; //15
    eCannoners = 5; //15
    eSoldiers  = 5;
    break;
  }

look to the right of the values, I've marked this one in red so you can see which ones I mean "eSailors = 5; //25.". Change the first value to that one as that's the default value. So the code for this one would be as follows.

case ENGLAND:
eSailors = 25; //25
eCannoners = 5;
eSoldiers = 10; //10

Now all crew at taverns should have better experience.

Hello there,
I used to play COAS with the GOF mod and i must say i enjoyed it. I have recently returned and decided to play again with this version. I have encountered no problems what so ever so far until i hit Port Royal. It seems everytime i enter the Governors Mansion, it loads fine, but when i move to the sides at the wall or even attempt to go up the next stairs it crashes. I don't know if it is something i have done wrong when installing or if this is a known issue but it is really irritating, especially when your trying to do the British Naval Career :p

Just wanted to know if anyone here could confirm it? If not i'll prob try re-installing and see.
Cheers

Luke 159: You stated you want no new content until you get your work done, so I do not have COAS installed right now. That is because I can resist everything but temptation. :wp
If the cannon locators on the Bluebird are poorly positioned it would be easy to move them using just GMViewer and TOOL.

Luke 159: You stated you want no new content until you get your work done, so I do not have COAS installed right now. That is because I can resist everything but temptation. :wp
If the cannon locators on the Bluebird are poorly positioned it would be easy to move them using just GMViewer and TOOL.

It is just the forward facing locators. To avoid the cannon multiplication bug, the number of forward facing cannons has to be changed to 4 and the subseadependweight should be around 0.3 or 0.4 (certainly not 0.9), otherwise parts of the deck are under water when fully loaded with bermuda improvements. I don't know how to use GMViewer or TOOL :(

I noticed that in the Bermuda Shipyard is now an option to change the sail color, but it doesn't change anything. Is my installation at fault or is the feature deactivated in the latest release?

Hello there,
I used to play COAS with the GOF mod and i must say i enjoyed it. I have recently returned and decided to play again with this version. I have encountered no problems what so ever so far until i hit Port Royal. It seems everytime i enter the Governors Mansion, it loads fine, but when i move to the sides at the wall or even attempt to go up the next stairs it crashes. I don't know if it is something i have done wrong when installing or if this is a known issue but it is really irritating, especially when your trying to do the British Naval Career :p

Just wanted to know if anyone here could confirm it? If not i'll prob try re-installing and see.
Cheers

That's the first I have heard of this problem, I will look into it and hopefully have it fixed for the next patch.:onya

It is just the forward facing locators. To avoid the cannon multiplication bug, the number of forward facing cannons has to be changed to 4 and the subseadependweight should be around 0.3 or 0.4 (certainly not 0.9), otherwise parts of the deck are under water when fully loaded with bermuda improvements. I don't know how to use GMViewer or TOOL :(

I noticed that in the Bermuda Shipyard is now an option to change the sail color, but it doesn't change anything. Is my installation at fault or is the feature deactivated in the latest release?

All that can be done in ships_init and takes all but seconds to do and will be fixed in the next patch.

That's a feature that was included in GOF 2.0.5 and was removed because I wanted to find and remove the surrender feature and the upgrades feature. The upgrade feature might be implemented again if there was no problems with it in GOF 1.2.

Back