• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

GM Viewer on Win7

Takeda-One

Prussian Corsair
Storm Modder
Hey,

since I am using win 7 (Laptop with ATI Card / PC with GForce 9600), the gm viewer shows the characters without textures! Does anyone know whats wrong?

im allso runing win7 and GF9600 and having same problem ,allso i noticed that walk points in sailor tool tend to disapear ,when i had gf7600 everything worked fine

Win 7, pc, GTX275 here. :nk

Here is a screenie of my GMViewer. You need a PotC install on your C: drive, and you need to tell it where the textures are. Hope this helps.

Confirmed problem with newer Windows versions; we never found a solution and it's REALLY annoying.
Characters are texture-less, everything else works fine. :facepalm

That really sucks,

maybe it depends on some additional software like NetFramework or what ever?

Apparently the newer versions of the .Net Framework cause the problem but some ancient versions don't.
At least, I think that's what Maximus said at some point in the past. :wacko:

Ya I'm having the same problem with GM Viewer and character models too the ships show up fine but the characters are blank.

I find myself having the same problem too :shrug Too bad the Gm viewer hasn't been updated since 02 or 03?

It was made by Akella; we don't have the code to it, so we can't do anything. :facepalm

Perhaps this has nothing to do with the problem but I opened up .dll that comes with the program and I found this close to the bottom:

ValidatePixelShader
d3d8.dll
d3d8d.dll
LoadDebugRuntime
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D D3DX8 Shader Assembler version 0.91 C

So I ran a search on my computer and I only found the first .dll.

Furthermore I don't think I have that directory that the program is pointing to.

Back