• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Go with the story or go Free Play

What Story do you play?

• Total voters
How about the Ballad of the Hawk or simply The Hawk, or maybe even the Sea Hawk. Or we can simply call it Official Campaign as that is what it is.

But it does say the most

On nwn 2 gold edition there were 2 campaigns, Mask of the Betrayer and one simply entitles Official Campaign.

Official Campaign sounds like everyone should be wearing uniforms and saluting each other. Don't think that would go over too well in Tortuga. :rumgone

We could just call it pirates of the Caribbean as that is what the original game was called. But that may imply that it is like the movie as we want to remove film refrences.

I like the idea of "The Sea Hawk", since that's a famous old pirate movie AND the main character is Nathaniel HAWK. :yes

Indeed, that's a good idea! But perhaps we'd need to modify it slightly to prevent people thinking that it's related to that film.
OR we could cleverly put some subtle references in the storyline, which DO relate to the film... :shrug

Following Khael Roa, a short storyline based onthe film can commence. I will have to either watch the movie again (I recently TVoD it) or read the book when I am done reading Captain Blood so I can change some things. We can put in Henry Morgan becoming governor of Port Royal (which he did after Silhard) and hunting for you after going on an expidition with him. Danielle could replace the female heroine from the original version, or we could have Danielle die and the Heroine becomes Nathaniel's new.......girlfriend. Another option is to make it just like the book, and have Nathaniel as an added character witnessing the events of the book and doing other things.

The Ocean Hawk? :razz
Ha ha, that's a good one! :rofl
We don't have to change it, I'm just wondering whether it might confuse people who know the film.
Maybe switch it around; 'Hawk of the Sea'?

I know exactly what you're thinking, especially considering there isn't exactly much overlap between the movie and the storyline. :bo

Woops, confused Black Swan and Sea Hawk (Black Swan is the one with Henry Morgan and Sea Hawk is with Queen Elizabeth)

I just had an idea for sidequests for every storyline based on the plots of old pirate films that could be initiated in Tortuga (availabe in every storyline).

Sea Hawk: A sidequest based around privateering against the Spanish and mounting expiditions until you are taken to a Spanish prison and learn of a plot against the English.

Black Swan: A sidequest where you take on the dreaded Henry Morgan after he wrongs you.

Caribbean: A sidequest where you are pressed into the service of a famous pirate and collect information for him so he can take down his nemesis.

Captain Blood: A sidequest where you are accidentily deported to Barbados as a slave by mistake where you meet characters like Jeremy Pitt and Peter Blood, and together you must find a way off of the island.

I don't know, just some ideas to expand the game.

I particularly like the idea of having to find your way off an island, from a difficult situation- there's a challenge to differ from the normal gameplay!
Kind of reminds me of sea turtles... not sure why... :wp

And the idea of being involved with an infamous historical pirate is also very interesting. It gives us a chance to explore some historical events a bit more, perhaps.

i played jack aubrey and got the highest rank first lord. then i got bored :D hmm now i started new horizon but experiencing CTD when going to sea in some instances :(

Can there be a military campaign where in the process you earn ranks and better ships( you start in a tartane), then if you didn't follow orders you will be hunted down in sea and land?

Is a corvette a light frigate? is it the second fastest ship? when you first go to the governor of Martinique you can get a quest to sink a pirate corvette it took me 40+ tries to get it with a lugger but dissapointed to see it wasn't fast enough :( sorry if I'm placing this in this forum)

Keep 'em coming! Anybody got a preference already?
See, I like the idea of Pirates Ahoy!, but surely that would better suit the Devlin storyline, since it features some of our members?
But I also like 'The Aztec Curse', since that's pretty much the main plot.
But I also like references to Nathaniel Hawk, such as 'Hawk of the Sea' (that's just my suggestion, but we could have many).

We might have to start a poll on the subject. How ironic would that be; a poll derived from a discussion in a completely different poll... xD:

Capt'n Rapier: Ctd when going to sea? Uh ohh.

I believe there is an option to start off shipwrecked in New Horizons. You could go military from there by getting a Letter of Marque from one country like Portugal while pillaging and plundering the others. As your rank improves you can buy better ships in the shipyard.

All frigates from the light frigate to the USS Constitution are class 5, except for one corvette which is class 6. I don't know what is the fastest ship. It seems they are all faster than whatever I'm in.

Back