• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

GOF 2.0 Mod in German?

Blaze Devlin

Sailor
Storm Modder
Hello everybody

I recently downloaded here the GOF 2.0 Mod. Now my originally (vanilla) version of the AOP2 game is in German. I would like to ask if there is a possibility to change the language from English to German again? Well my English is quite good I guess, but I would prefer to read all the dialogs / texts during the game in German again if possible!

Thank you very much for your efforts and support!

Ahoy Blaze Devlin, welcome aboard mate.

There were a couple of people working on a German translation for GOF, but I don't think anything was ever posted. There was also a German Mod being worked on a couple of years ago by @Jan Marten, but I believe he moved it to a different forum. You might try PM'ing him, or wait for him to show up here.

That group is called De Zeeroovers. I do not have a link to that site and a search did not find it either.

Hip Hip Hooray!!

I already signed up on the De Zeeroovers forum site. Need to wait now for confirmation... Hopefully find a solution to play GOF 2.0 Mod in German!

Thanks to all of your fast responses :napoleon

Hm, I think I have a speaking problem.
I am a German, and unfortunately, everything must be translated by Translator.
I beg your indulgence.

I could not understand ..... sorry
@Jan Marten: Ja. Auch mein deutsch ist besser als englisch! Ich habe vor kurzem die GOF 2.0 Mod für AOP2 heruntergeladen. Nur ist leider alles auf englisch, obwohl die Original (Vanilla) Version des Spiels auf deutsch war. Kannst Du mir bitte sagen ob es eine Möglichkeit gibt das Spiel wieder mit deutschen Dialog-Texten zu gamen?

Wäre Dir echt dankbar für Deine Hilfe! :napoleon

Hello everybody

I recently downloaded here the GOF 2.0 Mod. Now my originally (vanilla) version of the AOP2 game is in German. I would like to ask if there is a possibility to change the language from English to German again? Well my English is quite good I guess, but I would prefer to read all the dialogs / texts during the game in German again if possible!
Hopefully starting a new thread could be useful for myself and others...:ahoy
Thank you very much for your efforts and support! :napoleon

Is the German team also working on a translation to switch the GOF 2.0 Mod from English to German?

Would be nice to know :napoleon

Blaze, we have pointed you to their forums in the other topic, that is a question you need to ask them.

Consider this a verbal warning, multiple posts on the same topic do not get your questions answered sooner.

Not possible without a lot of effort.
You would have to use WinMerge to see what content you can use from the original game.
Since GoF has not been heavily modded, it should be much easier though than PotC.

I have moved all your posts into one single thread now.
Be advised that spamming the forum with the same question in several spots is a great way of annoying the moderators and getting yourself banned.

It is also completely useless if you are already being helped before you post a gazillion posts everywhere.
So don't do it! :whipa

Sorry guys! I don't want to spam here! I made just the mistake to paste and copy my post at the wrong thread twice! By the way. I found the installed "Dialogs" inside the game. Also I was able to translate some parts of the end of the "Isabella" Quest conversation, where my character used to interact with here. From time to time I will translate the most parts, especially conversations in store, merchant traders, tavern, shipyard, inhabitants and government. But this is like Pieter Boelen told me recently it needs a lot of effort.

At the end I will be very happy if I could see some positive results! :napoleon

Unfortunately an english version of the german mod is not on the to-do list right now. But that has some reasons. It is planned to rewrite and rework the complete dialogs. Because whoever was responsible for the german version of the vanilla game has done quite a terrible job. The dialogs sound like the people talk today on the street. So the dialog text will be completly reworked and changed to sound more authentic to how the people speak in the 17th century. The second reason is that nearly all of the quests has been changed or were modified. So they need complete new texts and dialogs as well. To do this in german is already a incredible amount of work. To translate everything that has been changed to english doubles this efforts and makes it a real hell of work. This cost a lot of ressources and a lot of time we better spent to get the german mod properly working. The mod is on a good way but far away from beeing finished. There are a lot more things to do first. So an english version is not planned. Sorry for that. :shrug

But to make this clear. The german "Men of the Caribbean" (MotC) Mod has nothing to do with the GOF Mod. It is not compatible with GOF Mod. It not based on GOF Mod. It won't work to mix this mods together cause soooo many things has been changed in the german mod. Not only in game systems but in coding as well. So do yourself a favour and don't mix GOF Mod and MotC together. It won't work. It will cause crashes, errors and other failures.

Last edited:
@Jack Black: Indeed I can quite imagine the amount of work required for translating the modpack!
Many people started in the past to translate the PotC Build into other languages, but nobody ever finished. It's just too much work!
If any translation IS to be done, it shouldn't be the job of the German Modding Team.
It should be us English-speaking players translating it for ourselves; not you guys doing it for us. :no

Indeed I know Jan Marten has been doing some actual game engine work for the German Modpack.
Apparently you guys are the only people who have ever been able to put the files we got from Seaward.ru to good use! :onya

Back