• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help GOF eras and modified ship problem.

Luciferret

Landlubber
I'm not sure if this because of this, but after i upgraded my ships cannons (amongst everything else), traders dont have cannonballs or powder for sale anymore. Ive sailed through multiple ports and checked traders but no luck. Ive had this same thing happening with one or two arcticles earlier but now all cannonballs, grapes, chains, bombs and powder have gone missing from the list. Permanently.

Are you sure it is like this in all ports? I have found it is like that in many ports but about the time I am out of everything I stumble onto a fully stocked port.

I am thinking of downgrading my ships to rowboats just so they don't use so much supplies.

Yep, every port exept the last one i stumbled. There was 40 grapes and chains but thats it. I thought could it be that magically all munitions were sold and only few per day is produced in each town? Just guessing but the amount i found might just prove it.

Well, of course if i make a thread of something the situations completely changes soon even tho it might seems it wont. Sailed to Cartagena and tada! Fully stocked. Cant understand :confused:

Well, of course if i make a thread of something the situations completely changes soon even tho it might seems it wont. Sailed to Cartagena and tada! Fully stocked. Cant understand :confused:

This is related to the store good ai file and several others.
The way it is currently set, which randomly makes ammo and powder very low in many stores, because of the way the "world" economy in set across the Caribbean.
I think this was a MK modification.
If one town or several towns has a very high surplus, excess amounts are not generated in other stores.
This happens with other supplies as well such as sailcloth, planks, food, and medicine.

However, if you rest over night stores will begin to replenish.
If you want to increase the rate of replenishment, you have to alter the store goods files.
To my knowledge the game is not smart enough to include faux pas NPC ship captains "buying goods" including ammo powder.

I can tell you if you play the game long enough, the commodity goods continue to increase in quantity forever unless traded.
That means production commodities such as silk, mahogany, and timbers can be in the tens of thousands, 25 years into the game for those towns that produce the exports.
This includes food and even medicine, you just need to know which cities export and which import.

Back