• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF Historical Eras Module #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good, mate! :cheers

Just to be clear, updated can be included in the Installer EXE so that the installation process for an update is a simple one-step procedure as well. :yes

:)
Guys, i am nobody. AND a really, but really poor , english speaker. That cannot stop me from greeting you and say i am amazed by your work.
Your are all incredible :). I could describe hours long what i like in your work, if you would understand my language, or at least german, my first foreign language:). But you can;t and i'm too pathetic with english, so i will say only :
THANKS. REALLY.

And... one small, tiny, suggestion(i already mentioned something in an older post, but because i am nobody, nobody listened:) ) :
PLEASE make the download area more accesible. Construct it like it;s a tree. Or folder and subfolders. Mr. Bolen(i'm a big fan !) said 1000 people missed an important download and now, with this new amazing creation, more will follow. Why that?:)... do you really think 20% of the users are without brain?...it;s hard to follow all the info, because it's not organized.

You did a tremendous effort, do one more: organize the Download area in a logic/mathematical way:) (btw,i am searching right now a way to download this era mod , but couldn't find it where DOWNLOAD AREA stands)

Thanks again and peace

PS. i am sorry if i upset someone. If i do, pls delete this post, i respect and love your work too much.

New version of mod RELEASED 11/29/13 with Pieter's installer included. See first post for new link.

This one is a one download deal and does not require updates or any additional files. Everything is included. You can install manually or just by clicking on the installer exe that Pieter provided.

If you have complaints about this one I will not be around until after Christmas when I will release Patch1.

Others will have to answer questions if they can because I won't be around.

MK

Last edited:
I don't have time or a good connection after tonight for a couple weeks to get this on ModDB or promote it. So whatever anyone wants to do about promoting it on the PA community page or ModDB is fine with me. Otherwise I will do it myself in a few weeks.

MK

Thanks a lot, Modernknight! :bow

I wished we could post it to the ModDB, but it exceeds the maximum filesize there.
Only thing we can do is to post a News post there with the link.

Do you have a logo for your modpack?

Greeting mateys!First of all,i want to thank ModerKnight1 for this fantastic update, just wanted to do a nother play trough with gof, while i have lost all hopes for Pirates odissey to each its own eng version. I started to download the mod, and it bounces from 2hrs, to 10 hrs i expect it to be done in about 4, if this was a torrent it would be done in 2 hrs for sure. What i mean is well it would mean a lot to loads of people like myself to dl this as torrent, so we could all seed and receive the mod with max speeds.

Maybe if more people had said something like this instead of throwing stones at me when I was just doing this as a hobby for fun I wouldn't have pulled it. The fact is that the mod has been downloaded over 300 times which tells me that everyone that wants it has it already. Add to this that very few of them downloaded the update or the LAi_boarding file that I left posted BTW, so their games are completely FUBAR. Boarding and surrender are NEVER going to work correctly in their games and they will just get worse the higher they level up.

So if people are willing to DL it but not read up on whats going on with updates - they are just going to assume the mod's all "F&c^'d up" and that's on me. So I might as well fix it - right?

I already told everyone I'm making a patch1 around Christmas. I will just re-release the mod as smaller, better and with more fixes and even some more ships and reskins that aren't in this version. Some of the newest characters are really gonna get attention I think.

I worked in IT for years in charge of huge enterprises. I have been the subject of darts, hate, and ridicule. I have even been a scapegoat - but I always eventually came out on top blameless and the hero - despite everything against me. Last year I retired from the Army as a Colonel after 24 years. When I left the Pentagon I was taking anxiety medication and was measured with 48 inches of scar tissue during my disability eval. I looked in the mirror and didn't like the mean dominant cut throat I had become and wanted to see a version of me as I was in my twenties again. That's a huge reason I left service - I could have easily stayed.

All this to say that I don't need this kind of crap with something that's meant to be for my fun and diversion. So if people want this like I see them wanting all the gushy fansite BS for all this AC4 crap then they better tell me, cause otherwise I aint sharin no more.

If they are sending comments or requests by e-mail I won't answer or even open them if the subject line doesn't say something nice. Since when have people become such &^%holes?

MK

Hey MK

Good to see you managed to release your work to the public, I'm currently downloading it at the moment (haven't played COAS for a while now because of many things coming up). As soon as I have more time I will be sure to play this mod because I've been looking forward to it.

Releasing anything public is open to criticism either constructive or not. Don't get offended or feel your work is not good enough because of people who post only bad things. I have worked on a map for Farming simulator 2011 and then ported it over to Farming simulator 2013 and the first version had over 15,000 downloads and some people pmed me saying the map was poor and offered nothing new, while others was amazed at the amount of work I had put into it and was really enjoying it. GOF2 has had its own problems and slowly I fixed what I could and removed/disabled what didn't work. Don't feel people are all against your work, give them time to play it and you will see in time people will start to thank you for a great mod.

To those who download this mod or any mod in fact should know that posting a message about a mod is all good and those who made the mod or helped with it will look to see those posts will be looking for constructive criticism. Posting things like my ship is very slow when it should be better than my previous ship or thanks but the quests don't work will not help anyone. Post your problem, tell the people what happened, what quest, ship or what ever it is that was a problem and explain what you had been doing when this problem happened. it will give info to MK as to how to recreate the problem or a way to fix it or for someone to tell you about a work around while you wait for it to be fixed.

MK, you did this on your own and people need to no that, this wasn't a simple upgrade for GOF, you had to port stuff in from other versions of GOF which meant searching for hours/days for all the code in many files for a feature that we now take for granted because of GOF 1.2. People will compare this mod to the other GOF mods (wasn't my intention, as you know my intention was to give a more stable version of GOF while we waited for this mod of yours). I feel I did my best and that GOF 2.0.9 was as stable as I could get it, this mod of yours might have some bugs (what game and/or mod doesn't) so please don't take offense to what people say or feel your work isn't good enough. Read what they say, when you have time try to find a way to fix it or a work around while you try to fix it, that all you can do and that's what makes a good modder.

Thanks for your hard work, I know you have put a lot of time into this mod (your heart and soul) and as soon as I have time I will be sure to try this mod out.

Thanks for your comments Luke. I really appreciate it. Actually I ported the most new content in from SOFS which no one but Craiggo had done before - and he mostly snagged ships. I also grabbed a bunch of stuff from that new PO:TEHO game the Russians don't seem to want to release in English. New Horizons also still had some great characters and weapons that we had never ported in before so I grabbed those as well. I reskinned not dozens - but hundreds of weapons, characters and ships - so yes there are a lot of hours on my part in this mod and its very personal. As I've said before - it was my attempt to make a perfect pirate game - for ME.

Why do people e-mail just to say something nasty? I just don't understand that. In my whole military career if someone had something bad to say it was usually in front of everyone and it was usually somewhat valid if they were going to bother to make the point in a public forum.

I guess its true what they say about tons of crazy people being on the internet because I just don't get why people would bother taking the time to email you about how screwed up you and your mod are. That just makes me angry. I think it maybe the same person with different e-mails because they can't spell to save their life. Never thought I would ever get hate mail.

The next one I get I think I will publicly post - that might make them shut the hell up.

MK

So,

Which folder exactly am I putting the file in to install this mod? The Playlogic file or the AOP 2 file? Keep getting error messages saying the main archive doesnt exist when I try to run the installer program.

I would encourage you to make a new folder on your desktop. Call it "games" or whatever you want. The game doesn't work as good if you leave it in one of the Program partitions.

MK

Why do people e-mail just to say something nasty? I just don't understand that. In my whole military career if someone had something bad to say it was usually in front of everyone and it was usually somewhat valid if they were going to bother to make the point in a public forum.
People e-mail you directly saying that? Really?!? That indeed is pretty disturbed. On their part.
I've seen unappreciative comments on our PotC modding work as well in comments sections here or there.
Completely unfair of course, but I just ignore them or tell them that they're wrong.
But I've never been personally attacked. That's..... pretty crazy.

I guess its true what they say about tons of crazy people being on the internet because I just don't get why people would bother taking the time to email you about how screwed up you and your mod are. That just makes me angry. I think it maybe the same person with different e-mails because they can't spell to save their life. Never thought I would ever get hate mail.

The next one I get I think I will publicly post - that might make them shut the hell up.

MK

MK there will always be those who delight in sending something nasty. You have to expect that upfront and be prepared to toss those out. For all you know they could be from the very young who do not understand the social graces or else they are from the older crazy bunch. You must know that there are many of us that appreciate your work and are enjoying it. Its just that not everyone will post but the few disturbed always do.

I have posted some comments as you know and you have been responsive. This back and forth in the public forum is a great benefit to all. It will lead us into getting the most out of COAS with mods and help you in creating the best for yourself.

Great admirer of your work,

Harmsway

I also grabbed a bunch of stuff from that new PO:TEHO game the Russians don't seem to want to release in English

Didnt the Devs of PO say that they were going to try and release it around Christmas? Or thats what they made it sound like one Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back