• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug GoF - Is this a bug?

Captain Horatio

Landlubber
I think I may have found a bug. I can't get a letter of marque, maybe I am doing it wrong? My current reputation is hero, my nation (England) relation is "Admiration" as it is said in many places it should be, and I didn't start Henry Morgan's quest.

Right now, I try to speak to the Governor-General of England in Port Royal, Jamaica, and he merely says "I don't know you, I only deal with loyal subjects of His Majesty King George". No other option is given related to that, and also normal governors don't speak about the letter either.

So, is it bugged or am I missing something?

I'm unsure if it is bugged.
Once your reputation / relation is admiration the Governor should give you a LOM - then you can start the nation quests for that nation by finding the Governor-General who will give you them.
( Don't get confused between the Governor ( one on each island for the country ) and the Governor - General ( one for each country - usually found in the country's main city - if you can't find him an ordinary Governor should tell you where the Governor General is. )

You could always try buying a letter of Marque from a diplomat in the tavern of a Pirate Colony ( expensive but they should give you one). - (La Vega on Hispanola, La Françios on Matinique, Puerto Principe on Cuba or Bermuda).

then go to the Governor-General and see if he gives you the Nation Quests.

:read

That rings a bell. I have a vague memory about needing to do a number of quests before being able to advance.

Governors give quest and after several successful mission for the same governor, he will give you a letter of marque for the country.
Only at this moment, you can talk to the Governor-General for starting country quest. :)

Back