• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

GOF thoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

HundertzehnGustav

Watchman... up there, thinking.
ok started playing minutes ago.

sounds
=====
and voices from master and commander: MORE! big grin here. we shell beat to quarters! smiiiile!!!!
(idea: more human sounds on board of ships, not only wood cracking)
bell banging from that other pirate game... sid meyers? good job!
cannons fired at me.... not so good. but that edinburgh trader has good cannon sound.

textures/graphics
==============
still sniffling... some of these places look all brand new... have to let that have its chance to settle in. loved the old bar/houses textures.
interfaces have had a partial makeover but some old stuff left. so-so. too many battleships
me likes these rich, full colors tho.

performance
=============
menues gimme a big hickkup compared to CMV.

features
========
no cheat (F11) aaaagh how am i gonna get rich now! and how do i create wind now! we are soooon f**** without these features, captain!

Bugs (?)
==========
had a first attempt as a frenchman. my cutter was grossly overloaded 1200/600max.
and the things i had loaded were on the unsellable/contraband list.
had to sail manually to that damn lighthouse to sell the contraband. PITA
and got a cap in the ass when the constablers showed up.
aaargh!

confirm: pirate country busted.

letz see... :will :will :will :will

boarding action!

that axe io have right there... the default weapon. Dude that thing looks like a f´n murder weapon. good choice!
lol i have marines on my cutter. but they look very professional. good paint!

interface image when changing to boarding scene: US versus Brits...
US , not really making sense in these times and these waters.

sounds mixed in from MaC, culd be a little faded in and faded out to be perfect. big fun.
edinburgh trader bagged.
got boarded by the Barque that was sailing with it.

dead is dead... new game!
GOF is good!

Oh so that cool guys are actually US x D and i was wondering what nation they belong to...
Since the Governor quests are bugged, i still don't know whether you have your nations sailors on boarding decks or not, it would be cool if someone would confirm wether it is or not.

Sorry but i don't see the fun in having the cheats, games today are made far to easy because the cheats are given to you on a silver or in the case of COAS a gold plate. So how are you to make money, trade, loot and capture ships to sell. Just like anyone else captain. :razz

Sorry but i don't see the fun in having the cheats, games today are made far to easy because the cheats are given to you on a silver or in the case of COAS a gold plate. So how are you to make money, trade, loot and capture ships to sell. Just like anyone else captain. :razz

Rats! :rolleyes:

its different.
i have the feeling... this very vague feeling... that this is an attempt to make things more realistic. (menu with the new difficulty mods to install, or not to install)
no more:" i gotz them bigger gunz and the more sailorz, meh rox the carribtzz"

What it is not...?
comfortable.
This game is work now, man...

remove the god view... but give the player a map. implement a star and sun system and give the player sextant and octant and quadrant and ruler and stopwatch instead of the God view.
then we are talking...

The Interface is the element that disturbs me the most. You know, that "old mixed with new" kind of thing.
IF i were to complaint.
But i dont.
I will keep going some more... the philosophy is not easy... not gamey... but its good. there is definitely study, sound thinking and discipline behind this release. :cheers

LOL, i ment gameplay wise the cheats just make the game pointless. For testing reasons yes they are very usefull but apart from that they just make the game boring.

LOL, i ment gameplay wise the cheats just make the game pointless. For testing reasons yes they are very usefull but apart from that they just make the game boring.
+1 to that since i am not a modder i don't even bother activating it and the least thign i would do is cheating in such a great game.... i can't help it but what sense would it have to play a singleplayer game where you get everything without a bit of effort put in it -_-*

yea... but i got so used to 9.5 wind, you see...
the money cash is not important. i always had me 50,000 in the beginning... now i have to pray i wont go bancrupt until i can pick up the big trading deals...? and pray lady luck...
ok, its just a game... restart if necessary.

ah no, gents.

you want to waste my time?

Leonidas
a cutter , the merchant says i aint up to his task.
i go out on my own, and get banged by two jolly rogers luggers.

Nat the Hawk
cutter. merchant tells me go stuff it.
ah! moneylender. what? 26 percent? whatever i need the cash.
go tavern, hire scumbag lowlife officer
buy that fast thing with low hull and basketball field size sails, dump cannons and ammo
ah. bad luck. a week, and the tavern keeper still has no crew members that i need.
and the merchant finally offers me 3000 for a transport to Nevis. like... no way i can pay back my debts like that.
go out, and get my @ handed by a bunch o Spaniards.
second cutter gunned down by lugger even tho i told him to sail away. nice.
cargo lost.escape through the rock bank.
Phew.
world map.
2 Pirates.
Busted.

Kaaskopp
cutter. sell cargo. hire crew, ignore merchant bastard, aint giving me jobs either, go out... Bunch o Pirates playing Ball with my balls. Yea nice.

yo w...t...FFFFFF

:will ?

:modding !

tell me i am called Jack sh*t unlucky aubrey... sailor status, few encounters, quickly learn. Yet this aint no sailing game. am i condemned to stay on an island and get up to level 20 by doing gov nor missions before i set a foot on a ship?

Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt. I know it sucks doesn't it. It's even worse when you get standed on an enemy island with no money or ship and have to get yourself off.

It builds character my friend. Character I say. What What!!! :keith

MK

Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt. I know it sucks doesn't it. It's even worse when you get standed on an enemy island with no money or ship and have to get yourself off.

MK

lol howdyou pull that one off? no cash no ship no town?
me? i been doing this for 4 hours now. bedtime.

What difficulty are you playing on?

I can honestly say i have never had that problem, although i have had a few problems with encounters where their are a few one after another. It sucks when your playing ona difficulty like captain and that happens. This is why the ships speed for me in the early game is more important than actual cargo space.

What difficulty are you playing on?

difficulty options as defaulted by the GoF setup. if i changed stuff, it wouldn't be GoF anymore, but COAS...so... i left it.
character sailor, various used in UK and NL nations, few encounters, and fast experience gain (slider right)

My way of playing is to grab the merchant missions for good and "easy" money, buy a second (big cargo no guns just sailing crew) ship, and stay with the small one (usually a cutter or a ketch, 8x4pds, half crew count) until i can have a "combat upgrade"... board a bigger one than the ketch cutter or sloop i start with.

Here, i have a hard time getting literally anything done.
Tomorrow again.

MK

lol howdyou pull that one off? no cash no ship no town?
me? i been doing this for 4 hours now. bedtime.

FYI I play consistently on Corsair. It's my favorite setting. Very Hard but not too hard to eliminate the fun.

When that happened to me I robbed houses, went and fought skeletons. Waited until I had enough to stay in the hotel a few nights and raided the room for random goodies. Once I had enough to place a bet on cards or dice I would save-scum and keep playing until I had enough to get a tartane. I had money and ships in other towns, so I just had to get myself there. Spent a lot of very frustrating time getting myself out. In the words of Master Yoda: "Patience".

Adventure, excitement a Jedi craves not these things.....but a Privateer adventurer does Master Yoda!

MK

ah no, gents.

you want to waste my time?

Leonidas
a cutter , the merchant says i aint up to his task.
i go out on my own, and get banged by two jolly rogers luggers.

Nat the Hawk
cutter. merchant tells me go stuff it.
ah! moneylender. what? 26 percent? whatever i need the cash.
go tavern, hire scumbag lowlife officer
buy that fast thing with low hull and basketball field size sails, dump cannons and ammo
ah. bad luck. a week, and the tavern keeper still has no crew members that i need.
and the merchant finally offers me 3000 for a transport to Nevis. like... no way i can pay back my debts like that.
go out, and get my @ handed by a bunch o Spaniards.
second cutter gunned down by lugger even tho i told him to sail away. nice.
cargo lost.escape through the rock bank.
Phew.
world map.
2 Pirates.
Busted.

Kaaskopp
cutter. sell cargo. hire crew, ignore merchant bastard, aint giving me jobs either, go out... Bunch o Pirates playing Ball with my balls. Yea nice.

yo w...t...FFFFFF

:will ?

:modding !

tell me i am called Jack sh*t unlucky aubrey... sailor status, few encounters, quickly learn. Yet this aint no sailing game. am i condemned to stay on an island and get up to level 20 by doing gov nor missions before i set a foot on a ship?

i am suspecting that you're skilling wrong... i have maxed the most important skills on 10 (including luck) fought with a tartand against a chase friagte and won because i kept running alone on the boarding deck... shooting, running shooting, shooting running... the funny thing is that i had 78 pistol skill after that boarding and had gained serveral lvls... oh and did i mentioned that awesome french sword that i found there? You need the right rambo skills at the beginning or otherwise you will get raped like that women which pleads me all the time to save her while i keep on running around and don't even bother to handle that scum... just like that bitch who stole my money in the bar ;) 2,5 mill to be honest and i do not cheat... never did and won't ever do^^

I would suspect you are using a heavier sword than you can handal as well. Not been funny but this is how cheats make people, the start of this game can be challanging but it can also be very fun. I personally like the challange of starting over, but you can make it easy or hard on yourself. When the game use to start all the time ast Bermuda no matter what nation you picked i would end up fighting the irates till i had gained 4 personal perks and then i would go to sea. Even in my current game i am still using a light sword, this is because if i move to a medium sword i will never go back to a light one so it would make sense to build each skill to 100 before moving on.

ok started playing minutes ago.

sounds
=====
and voices from master and commander: MORE! big grin here. we shell beat to quarters! smiiiile!!!!
(idea: more human sounds on board of ships, not only wood cracking)
bell banging from that other pirate game... sid meyers? good job!
cannons fired at me.... not so good. but that edinburgh trader has good cannon sound.

textures/graphics
==============
still sniffling... some of these places look all brand new... have to let that have its chance to settle in. loved the old bar/houses textures.
interfaces have had a partial makeover but some old stuff left. so-so. too many battleships
me likes these rich, full colors tho.

performance
=============
menues gimme a big hickkup compared to CMV.

features
========
no cheat (F11) aaaagh how am i gonna get rich now! and how do i create wind now! we are soooon f**** without these features, captain!

Bugs (?)
==========
had a first attempt as a frenchman. my cutter was grossly overloaded 1200/600max.
and the things i had loaded were on the unsellable/contraband list.
had to sail manually to that damn lighthouse to sell the contraband. PITA
and got a cap in the ass when the constablers showed up.
aaargh!

confirm: pirate country busted.

letz see... :will :will :will :will

To enable cheat you have to edit the \Age of Pirates 2\Program\_mod_on_off.h

#define MOD_BETTATESTMODE "on" // On -DEV version; Test - TST ver; Off - relize

I would suggest a little change for Jack Aubrey:

now Aubrey start with Liuthenent uniform, but at the begin he doesn't have any military rank.

I suggest to change the starting address to privater and put the Liuthenent uniform as buyable (like captain and admiral uniform)-
Same thing for Norringhton.

I would suggest a little change for Jack Aubrey:

now Aubrey start with Liuthenent uniform, but at the begin he doesn't have any military rank.

I suggest to change the starting address to privater and put the Liuthenent uniform as buyable (like captain and admiral uniform)-
Same thing for Norringhton.

I like this suggestion, we'll consider it for a future patch after some internal discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back