• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Grand Theft Auto 5

Do you want this game?

• What is Grand Theft Auto?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate this games! Arghh!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Many updates since these posts. A trailer has been launched and 2 screenshots have been leaked too. The game's action takes place in Los Santos (fictional L.A.) and it'll be the biggest game Rockstar created yet.
Launch date is unknown, most probably in 2013. R* keeps us waiting. I can't wait for this. Game of the next year fo' sure!:onya

From what I've read and seen the PC version is up in the air right now, Rockstar won't confirm or deny it's release. Also it seems you'll be able to play with three characters, whether you can jump into any of the three whenever you want or only allowed to do so under certain circumstances is yet to be seen, afaik.

Loved The Freeroam Online Aspect of the game, Hopefully They will have this in the new GTA5, And Make Sure it wont be taken over by xbox modder's.

The game has been released and the reviews have been very positive (which doesn't have to mean much as "Total War Rome II" has shown). There are drawbacks like stutter and few people when driving, but that's the drawback with these outdated consoles.
Let's wait and see how the PC version will perform.

If it comes to PC and they don't make a crappy port like they did for GTA IV, then I might get it, but I still really don't know, maybe a steam sale could convince me...

If there's one thing we could take from GTA 5, it would be the obsessive attention to detail the world has. :8q
Believe me, I've never seen a game this big deliver on all the small details as well as the bigger ones. It makes so much difference to how 'alive' the world feels.
Then again, I'd kind of expect this from a five-year development cycle on an insanely huge budget...

I watched some relatives play it in MMO mode this week. What struck me as hilarious is how all the online players are involved in a free for all just running around the city trying to kill each other. I admit that even though I'm not into these kind of games it was really fun to watch. Wouldn't it be great to run around 17th century Port Royale and be able to go into every building and ship with that type of detail. Still that would be a nightmare to get right. GTA has the benefit of very simple and generic modern American architecture and interiors. Getting all the cobblestone, exterior and interior wood grain walls with half timbering, pictureframes and period items right would be challenging indeed.
Graffiti is about the most unique modern additive item you see that took a little effort from a decorative perspective.

MK

I'm actually quite disappointed with GTA V. The storyline wasn't good once again. Also some things they've gone really into detail with but certain parts still seem dead to me, most likely because of the limitations of current-gen consoles since you can't have enough people around. In my eyes it doesn't really live. However the AI is just still plain dumb and cops are marksmen that even Delta Force would be proud of. :)

Shooting a guy in the head while he's driving 300km/h with your sidearm. I think that's a bit to good. Also you die quite easily and that's not entirely a problem just that since they made the cops marksmen and dropped your health down. The game kills you way to soon to do what I love to do in GTA and that's just free-roaming and causing trouble.

If that game doesn't "live", then what game DOES? Hearts of Oak will end up looking more than dead, if that's how you rate GTA 5! xD
Seriously, as far as massive open-world games go, you've got to give Rockstar some credit for their hard work, here...

I don't know because of what it is. But the city ain't breathing. Yes there are quite a few people walking around but that's about everything they do, walking. The city itself is created beautifully but the people walking around the street are just really dead. Also you can't stand next to a person for 10 seconds or they call the cops. (Not really realistical behavior, also if you say something to a pedestrian they start running, also not realistical behavior. The AI doesn't react realistical in any way.)

Back