• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Graphical Artifacts

Silverfox

Landlubber
Hi all. I searched the forums for this, but i didnt see any on this problem, unless i am just blind.

Basically, I get weird graphical artifacts, coming out of the screen. Not all the time, but I mainly get them out at sea, and they are quite bad, its almost like looking through a kaleidoscope.
When this happened, i jsut tried to ignore it (it never happens on the map screen, so thats how i sail between islands, never with Directsail, sadly).

Just now, i got it when boarding a ship. I took a screen shot of it, but that doesnt relay how it moves, etc, So, just know that the artifact in the screen (the big blue shape) flashes and moves continuously.
I am guessing it is the build mod that is doing this? Because i never got it when playing the original game (i finished the game, and spent hours afterwards playing it, with not one artifact.). With the Build mod, i get them almost every time i go to sea. (mostly in battle).
Obviously it has something to do with the graphics, maybe my computer is having a difficult time rendering the extra ships or something?

Artifact. Oh Noes! :(

Incase you wanna know, my specs are-

Intel Core i3 CPU 3.1Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GT 320

:gday

There is nothing wrong with your computer. This is a known bug that was introduced with build 14 as part of the flags mod. Build 13 does not have this problem. :shrug

The cure has not yet been found.

:gday

There is nothing wrong with your computer. This is a known bug that was introduced with build 14 as part of the flags mod. Build 13 does not have this problem. :shrug

The cure has not yet been found.

Ah, that puts my mind at ease. :) :cheers
Luckily, i love this mod so much, even this does not fase me, and i will continue to use and love it, even if no cure is found for this annoying bug.

Thanks for the info, anyway, miklki. :)

Back